new feeling over KOTCS!!!

Indy~Annie

i just got done watching Indy 4!!!

and i was wondering if any body else got this same feeling as me.

as i was watching it,i felt like i was watching an Indy movie.ok uh when i saw it at the theater i loved it! but i had to admit to myself it didnt really feel like an Indy movie,but now since i seen it at home it felt more Indy~ish

do you understand what i mean?

but did anyone have the same feeling as me?

maybe its cause i never seen Indy at the theater just at home....hmmm...

No Ticket

I thought that might happen with me, for the same reasons you mentioned, only ever seeing Indy at home on VHS/DVD/TV... but I don't know yet. I haven't bought it yet. But I'll soon find out I guess.

Major West

No she's right. After the first excitement and weird feeling of seeing a new Indy and not being sure you watch it again and it feels as Spielberg said "A blood relative of the first three Raiders pictures".

arkfinder

I've always like the film. But, I think this is what may happen more and more with people who thought it was ho-hum in the theaters.

MaxPhactor23

Got it...hate it even more. I suppose I'm an exception, but then I'm a firm believer in people coming to hate it the older it gets.

Major West

arkfinder said:
I've always like the film. But, I think this is what may happen more and more with people who thought it was ho-hum in the theaters.

Yep, I thought Last Crusade was a let down in theatres but I grew to really like it on video afterwards.

Darth Vile

Indy~Annie said:
i just got done watching Indy 4!!!

and i was wondering if any body else got this same feeling as me.

as i was watching it,i felt like i was watching an Indy movie.ok uh when i saw it at the theater i loved it! but i had to admit to myself it didnt really feel like an Indy movie,but now since i seen it at home it felt more Indy~ish

do you understand what i mean?

but did anyone have the same feeling as me?

maybe its cause i never seen Indy at the theater just at home....hmmm...

You raise an interesting point. I believe anyone who was sat on the fence re. KOTCS, will feel more positive towards it after watching the DVD. Those who have disliked it from day one, will probably only have their opinion reenforced.

MaxPhactor23 said:
Got it...hate it even more. I suppose I'm an exception, but then I'm a firm believer in people coming to hate it the older it gets.

This is not to enflame or create argument… But I know you have always disliked the movie and have been adamant about the issues you have with it (which is your prerogative)... so I'm curious to know why you purchased/secured the DVD? I may have misunderstood, but you’ve never appeared ambivalent towards KOTCS. Surely the risk is that you are just lining the pockets of Lucas/Spielberg, and helping fuel an inevitable Indy V - which will be conceptualized and produced in the same manner?

The Man

No plans to buy it. Its inherent flaws are not the kind overcome by multiple viewings. A poor script is a poor script.

I'll see it again at some stage, though...

TheMutt92

I thoroughly enjoyed the film watching it again last night. The film itself up until they enter the interior of the graveyard is Indy gold, on par w/ some of LC and ROTLA's finest moments. From that point on to the end of the jungle chase, its on par w/ the 'fun' sections of the trilogy. But I still agree the film's weakest section is the last 1/3.

Big plus for the second viewing is that I found Mac to be a more enjoyable and well written character (w/ the exception of his demise). Quick question though, did Mac die or was he taken into the 'space between spaces'? I mean, when he lets go of the whip, he flies back screaming into that mess of flying debris. How he would have successfully made it out, I don't know.

Darth Vile

TheMutt92 said:
I thoroughly enjoyed the film watching it again last night. The film itself up until they enter the interior of the graveyard is Indy gold, on par w/ some of LC and ROTLA's finest moments. From that point on to the end of the jungle chase, its on par w/ the 'fun' sections of the trilogy. But I still agree the film's weakest section is the last 1/3.

Big plus for the second viewing is that I found Mac to be a more enjoyable and well written character (w/ the exception of his demise). Quick question though, did Mac die or was he taken into the 'space between spaces'? I mean, when he lets go of the whip, he flies back screaming into that mess of flying debris. How he would have successfully made it out, I don't know.

Agree. Like TLC, the weakest section of the movie is the last 1/3 (or inside Akator).

Darth Vile

The Man said:
No plans to buy it. Its inherent flaws are not the kind overcome by multiple viewings. A poor script is a poor script.

I bet you've ordered it on both Blu-ray and standard DVD and you're simply not tellin' ;)

The Man

Darth Vile said:
I bet you've ordered it on both Blu-ray and standard DVD and you're simply not tellin' ;)

Oh, I did consider a Blu-Ray buy, Darth. But for now...no.

We'll have the quadrilogy hi-def package in the near-future anyway...

tastethecourage

I really think people should relax about KotCS. It's no inherently worse than ToD, but people around here treat it like the ugly fourth step-child just because it's something "different". Everything has to be the same as it was before, right down to the type of curvature to the rim of the fedora or else it's terrible and unacceptable.

Forgive me in advance for my embarrassingly bad forthcoming analogy : If you ate the same pepperoni pizza every single day for 19 years, I think it's you add some black olive & anchovies just to try it out. Maybe it makes you gag. But it doesn't make it a bad pizza. I'm sure others would love it.

I digress. My point is that it's unfortunate you didn't like the route Indy 4 took, but it doesn't make it a bad movie. It doesn't have a perfect screenplay (how many films these days do?). It does have unnecessary characters that sometimes become clutter and at times it is a bit too talky. But at least it tried to be different and unique in the Indy saga.

I love it. I didn't like it after my first theater viewing, but that's because it came out of left field. I wasn't sure what to think of it or how to perceive it. It has gotten better with every viewing since and I'm loving it more and more.

It's pure escapism. Fast paced, far-fetched escapism. It has some of the best cliff-hanger moments of the Indy movies. It's fun & offers a lot of nostalgia.

Bring on Indy 5. :whip:

caats

i felt the same. but i did think, "man i wanna see this on a bigger screen." i think people will tone down the hate with more time. for the most part i've already seen it elsewhere on the internet.

Darth Vile

caats said:
i felt the same. but i did think, "man i wanna see this on a bigger screen." i think people will tone down the hate with more time. for the most part i've already seen it elsewhere on the internet.

I've got a 50" screen, so when you are sat right in front of it, it appears bigger than most cinema screens (and clearer). :D

sneakertinker

It def feels more like an Indy movie when I watched it on DVD...

Especially the scene where Indy is in his house looking at the pictures of his dad and Marcus...That really felt like the older movies to me for some reason...

One thing I noticed is that the CGI doesen't seem to be as bad when I watched it at home...Maybe it was because of the digital projectors at the theaters or something I don't know...

WeAreGoingToDie

I get what you're saying. To me, the Indy and Star Wars films truly became canon once they hit my DVD shelf. Seeing them all physically together makes the individual films even more a part of a complete series.

sspx0101dv5.jpg

(y)

Major West

The Man said:

You should probably move onto another subject really.