Customizing Indy Figures

Lance Quazar

What the hell is wrong with me?!? I've been away from this thread for too long, lots of catching up to do!!!

Charlemagne -

Really nice job with the German mechanic! Excellent use of parts, that really does look so much like the character. I think the waist/hip discrepancy is barely noticeable at all, I would never have seen any kind of problem if you hadn't pointed it out. (Okay, I still really don't.)

Very, very nice work, it looks extremely cool and bad-ass.

Nick Turner

Wow, what are the parts you used for your Marion and Nepal Thug? The soft goods are really terrific. I can't place the Marion parts, please let us know! She looks great, only nitpick is she's just a little on the shiny side.

Soft goods so seldom work at this scale, particularly in customs, but you've pulled off the (nearly) impossible here. Wow, really really fine work there.

Sprywalker

Wow, that Ultimate Toht is a crowning achievement! So many fantastic accessories and gear! Including the coat hangar!!! And a trenchcoated version, too! Too much great stuff. WOW!

Just incredible work, if only we had gotten something half this cool from Hasbro!

Excellent, excellent job!!!

Inky Skin

Your extraordinary figures just keep getting better and better. This one is really remarkable.

I am amazed at the likeness from the comic pack figure. Just change the hair and you have an amazing Marcus, the resemblance is greater than many of Hasbro's actual efforts (cough, cough, MARION!, cough, cough.)

Your sculpt and paint apps are absolutely flawless, this figure looks like it could have rolled out of the Hasbro factory. It's clean and gorgeously put together, just flawless.

The level of talent and enthusiasm on this board is truly inspiring.

Really wonderful stuff, everyone. It take the sting out of the death of the line when we still get to see so many incredible "new" figures!

Keep the dream alive!!!!

Billy Ray

inky_skin said:
For your consideration...Marcus Brody (Iskenderun):

3816935323_9fe255c5c0.jpg

Awesome Brody Inky! Any chance you could provide us with the recipe?

inky_skin

Billy Ray said:
Awesome Brody Inky! Any chance you could provide us with the recipe?

Head - Ganner Krieg (Imperial Knight) with modded hair
Torso - Indy (LC)
Jacket and arms - Sirius Black with modded button, hankerchief and pocketwatch detail
Shirt cuffs - Dovchenko
Legs and feet - Belloq
Hat - Indy (Crystal Skull) with modded brim and pinch
Binocular case - 21st Century Ultimate Soldier Tank Commander
Base - Indiana Jones Titanium Line

Thanks for all of the kind words, all.

Re: Marcus - Just incredible work, Inky. The head is perfect and the Belloq legs work beautifully.

Last edited:

NickTurner

Luke Sprywalker: The thug is a "The Corps" figure that I got from Walmart, 3 in a pack with motorbike, the wheels of which were used on my sidecars. Nice bulky look works well for this figure, though I suppose the arm joints may too un-modern-Hasbro-like for some. Didn't bother me so I used the whole figure. I picked him for the big nose. To be honest I now wish his face was wider, but when I first picked him based on the dark screen captures his big nose was perfect!

Marion is Hasbro's Marion with new hair 'bits' added. You can see un-painted photos on my site : http://home.comcast.net/~IndianaJonesToys/index.htm

I can re-post some here if you like, but I have to re-size them as they are too big for the forum. The headpiece I made with Super-Sculpey, trying to sculpt in the design. Looks OK I guess except the size. (It will do for now.)

Lance Quazar: Check my site - extra pics lurk there! Marion is Leia General (spederbike version) and Marion head - plus epoxy putty. She looks OK in person, but out in the sun, which is where I like to take the pictures, she really looks shiny. I'll fix that when I get the chance! The cloth bits on the thug I glued down and painted, so I guess technically they are not "soft" anymore LOL! Blends in with the plastic better though, huh?

inky_skin: Fantastic Brody! I have a real soft spot for the Brody character, so I was thrilled to see this!

hemble

Hi All

inky_skin - Great work on Marcus mate everything looks excellent and the face is spoton well done indeed.

Ron

Luke Sprywalker

I am still working/deciding what to do with my first version of Nepal Marion. I was able to finish up a few customs over this rainy weekend. So now I give you Nepal Indy...

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0053-1.jpg

DSC_0057-1.jpg

DSC_0061-1.jpg

I also made a kinda crappy version of the wad of money Indy gives Marion that you can see in the gloved hand in the first pic. I took a close up of it but it didn't turn out...

pipecito2112YYZ

Luke Sprywalker said:
I am still working/deciding what to do with my first version of Nepal Marion. I was able to finish up a few customs over this rainy weekend. So now I give you Nepal Indy...

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0053-1.jpg

DSC_0057-1.jpg

DSC_0061-1.jpg

I also made a kinda crappy version of the wad of money Indy gives Marion that you can see in the gloved hand in the first pic. I took a close up of it but it didn't turn out...

that's the best RAVEN BAR ever!!!! i dreamed with that Indy for weeks!!! congratulation :hat:

NickTurner

I'm very impressed with the Indy's holster repaint - it really looks like dirty leather, whereas the original is - well I'm not even sure it's Hasbro's!

I would suggest one more accessory - Indy's second gun, the automatic.

inky_skin

Nice work Spry. I really like this take on Indy...in fact it was my first ever custom way back in summer 2008 :)

raven_indy_2.jpg

However, your cool accessories elevate your customs to a whole other level...

Lance Quazar

Spry, the figure is good, but the backdrop/diorama looks INCREDIBLE!

When are we going to see some good pictures of that????

Can't wait!

Kevin

Luke, I really like your Raven Indy, your attention to detail shows (gloves in pocket, etc). How did you manage to get the jacket closed around the body? Also, the bar playset is looking great from what I can see, I'm sure it will surpass our expectations (which, after the temple playset, are quite high).

Luke Sprywalker

Kevin, glad you are noticing the little details, that is where it's at for me now. I want my figures to have all the accessories. I had to reduce the size of his stomach and sides before I put the jacket on.

Lance, thanks man and glad you are liking my little dio.

Inky, I remember your version and love it. Your customs and a few others were the inspiration for me to take a break from SW and do some Indy customs. That and the line ending and the fact that many faces needed repainting.

Ron, thanks for the kind review. I have compared my face paint to yours and some screen shots and think the cheeks might be a bit too rosy but other than that I am pleased.

Pipceto and Lao Che and everyone else sorry but that is not the raven bar. It is Jabba's Box from SW EP 1 made the year the movie came out. I knew photographed right it would be a good stand in for the bar. I didn't know it would fool everyone...

lao che & sons

Luke Sprywalker said:
Pipceto and Lao Che and everyone else sorry but that is not the raven bar. It is Jabba's Box from SW EP 1 made the year the movie came out. I knew photographed right it would be a good stand in for the bar. I didn't know it would fool everyone...

well we raveners are pretty easy to fool, as most of us know:rolleyes:

NickTurner

You guys have probably all seen these by now, but I don't think I ever posted these here. I call them, rather un-originally, but accurately, the four horsemen.

Four_hosemen_2_medium.jpg

hemble

Mate you can never get tired at looking at great customs even if you've seen them before, again fantastic work on all the figures.

Ron

lao che & sons

yep. I've seen those before on your site. but still great. Henry is the best but sallah and marcus are great too.

Indy on the other hand just seems a little off or maybe over done. :D :p :rolleyes: