Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (General thread - NO hint requests)

MolaRam2

Nurhachi1991 said:
Great game but no way in hell is it the best game of the year.

Just IMO, I don't play that many games anymore as there aren't alot that appeal to me. I realize GTA 4 is technically a much better game (from what I have heard), but it doesn't appeal to me, so I haven't played it yet. Other games I have played that have come out this year:Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, God of War: Chains of Olympus, and Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword. GOW:COO was great, but very short, same with NG:DS. SSBB was basically a Super Street Fighter II Hyper Mega Turbo Ultimate Edition instead of a whole new game. Mario Kart Wii is decent, but dissapointing. I will be getting Ninja Gaiden II, Devil May Cry 4, and Lego Indy DS soon though. Basically, I don't care for many games outside of the action/adventure games with some sort of fantasy element.

The Tingler

If it's your personal Best Game of the Year, then fair enough! For the rest of us who play more games, good but too simplistic to get better than that.

And besides, how do you know the proper Indy game won't be out by the end of the year? :D

I watched the end credits, and I'm really offended! They didn't include Clint Bajakian in Music after using his brilliant Emperor's Tomb score a few times!

Shortie

I just beat story mode & unlocked invincibilty so it's time for me to find the SW characters (I already found R2) & do everything else.

Kooshmeister

Haven't played it, but someone on YouTube posted all the cutscenes from the game and here are my favorites (WARNING!!! SPOILERS! Read no further if you haven't played the yet and/or do not like spoilers!):

1. Indy losing his team members at the start one by one, either because they run away, or fall down bottomless pits, or get shot by the Hovitos, and he's too engrossed in the map to notice.

2. The fact Satipo survives the temple sequence is interesting, as is the change in story that he was working for Belloq the whole time rather than just being a greedyguts. Also Bellpq demanding the idol and Indy offering him a friggin' rubber ducky was hilarious, as was Belloq's impression of C-3PO.

3. Toht burning his butt, not his hand, on the headpiece. And, when Indy and Marion escape from the burning Raven, they swipe what I'm guessing is the car Toht came in while the driver is drinking hot chocolate!

4. Sallah's antics in the map room and just about anything involving the minor Germans, esp. them trying to carry the Ark up a flight of stairs and dropping it (!), and the gag with the binoculars.

5. Indy trying to catch Marion when Toht throws her down into the Well of the Souls...and missing by a mile. Ouch. That looked like it had to hurt.

6. The headless German mechanic. Need I say more?

7. The implication that Indy uses a can-opener to get inside the U-boat. Also in the same sequence, the one poor German who gets bonked in the head with the opening door.

8. Marion pretending she has to go to the bathroom and Indy whacking her thoroughly confused guard with a frying pan. The change-up of having her be with Indy on the cliff above the bad guys was also interesting....as was the fact Indy is dissuaded from blowing the Ark up not by Belloq's impassioned speech, but by the sudden appearance, from out of nowhere of about twenty Germans....including one guy hanging upside-down from nothing apparently.

9. The ghosts that come out of the Ark are the classic Lego ghosts. Wonderful, just wonderful. Also God apparently doesn't want Marion and Indy to be together because when they try to get smoochy the last ghost flits between them and dazzles poor Indy with what I can only describe as some (harmless) "wrath of God" pixie dust.

10. And lastly, Major Eaton getting lost in the warehouse.

What I didn't like was how they did the truck chase. Two cargo trucks? The troop car is driven by Sallah? Most of the change-ups in the game were interesting but this bugged me. I wouldn't have minded Sallah swiping the troop car to assist Indy, if there'd been a second, German-occupied one (although since I haven't seen the actual gameplay there may very well be a couple - I just wanted to see Lego's rendition of Gobler's chasm fall is all).

Also the melting head effects when the Ark is opened were a bit of a letdown. However prior to that I thought they managed to handle the awe and splendor of the sequence with the characters' expressions (both amazed and, subsequently, terrified) pretty darn well.

Last edited:

EyesofMara

Got my copy of Lego Indy

I got my copy of Lego Indiana Jones for my Birthday yesterday and my brother and I are playing the Raiders co op. Its different to watch lego characters spoof the movies with no dialogue. My brother was Indy and I've been Sapito, Jock, and Marion. (My brother has died trying to whip across things so many times I told him I am the one true Jones lol.)

Anyway, its an interesting and fun game to play. The Tot fight scene in the Raven was interesting, the bad guys break apart whenever you hit them. We're in the Cairo scene now.

A solid game, I give it a 4 out of 5.

Nimbus

Does anybody else like Willie's song at the beginning of TOD? I wish they could've used the "Anything Goes" instrumental, but I think it was funny how she sang. ;)

Dr. Joenes

100%

Finished everything a couple of days ago. I thought it was just really fun from start to finish. There was one puzzle that they very poorly implemented (TOD where you have to move a brick and a parcel across platforms) but overall this was the most fun I've had playing a game in a long while. I can chalk a lot of that up to being a longtime Indy fan and just having fun playing a new game in the original film's settings but I also found it fun, cute and humorous in all the right ways.

One of the three bonus levels was really really great but the other two were pretty uninspired from my point of view but it didn't tarnish the game.

I only wish my 1 billion+ treasure studs could still be used for something lol.

If you are an Indy fan I can't see how this isn't a must play and getting all the hidden stuff is just as much fun as the story mode imo.

MolaRam2

Dr. Joenes said:
One of the three bonus levels was really really great but the other two were pretty uninspired from my point of view but it didn't tarnish the game.

The Young Indy level from awesome and the Ancient City was okay, but the Warehouse sucked. To complete the Warehouse
all you have to do is get in the tank and drive to the target and the other side and keep shooting that target till you complete the level. And yes, I figured this out by myself. It was a joke of an extra level

I wish we could control the raft in ToD as it goes down the mountain and I also wish we could fight Mola Ram on the side of the cliff after the bridge is cut instead of it just being a cutscene. The Motorcycle Escape should have been a more vehicle based level, instead of vehicles just being optional for the most part.

Regardless, I still love, love, love this game and it makes very few omissions to the Indy trilogy unlike SNES's Greatest Adventures (which is still a great game BTW).

Indy Pendant

Would y'all recommend this for someone who's not really a gamer but just wants everything Indy (and kicks butt at Desktop Adventures, which she did pay for back in 1997, thank you)?

xfkirsten

I definitely would. The Lego games are great for non-gamers - they're complex enough to keep you busy and having fun, but still simple enough that you don't have to be the best gamer in the world to do well in them. A great balance. :)

DocWhiskey

Indy Pendant said:
Would y'all recommend this for someone who's not really a gamer but just wants everything Indy (and kicks butt at Desktop Adventures, which she did pay for back in 1997, thank you)?

The game's rated "E" for everyone. And the rating couldn't be any truer. It is seriously for anyone. Anyone could get into it. I'd say you're not an Indyfan if you DON'T have it.

BrodyIsDead

The Lego game platforms

Does anyone know if the Lego Indy game is out or coming out for the general PC/Mac? I don't have any new-fangled consoles and just think it's a waste of money to buy one just for a single game (plus in years to come, it'd be easier to re-play it on a new PC than not having an out-of-date console, right?)

Is it possible they may release it for the PC/Mac at a later date?

QBComics

Finshed Temple, Played Young Indy & the 1st lev. of LC. Need to do 3 levls of TOD to have 100% So much fun!

DazDaMan

I got mine on pre-order, so it arrived two or three days prior to the release date.... and I finished Raiders pretty damn quickly!

It's the most fun game I've played in a long while. I love the fact that, while the game is fairly faithful in certain aspects to the films, it expands upon them as a whole to create a much more playable environment, and adds its own unique humour to the story, too.

I'm stuck on Temple of Doom, though! :eek: