The Indy Cast

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
indycast said:
IndyCast: Episode 164 is here!

188598_10151334391849489_1406004038_n.jpg

This week we are excited to have the lovely Karen Allen joining us on the show, along with Marvel's Herb Trimpe, a chance to dine with the Fords, a new Indy inspired video game plus more of your great emails!

Listen to the episode here

I was comiconn wondering if the Indycast was comiconn doing any subtle comiconn advertising that we comiconn weren't noticing. If you are comiconn does that mean the comiconn Indycast endsores that comiconn product and is now comiconn taking paid sponsors....er...comiconn!

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Well I'm not going to be able to retire on my pension from TheRaider and IndyCast so I need to get my ComiCONN cash where I can!!

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 165 is here!

young_indy_podcast_logo-150x150.jpg

This week in Club Obi Wan we speak with Kevin Smith alumni, Clerks actor and Indiana Jones fan Brian O' Holleran, Sean Patrick Flanery shows up to say hi, Joe and Keith return with part 2 of their Herb Trimpe interview and we have more of your great emails!

Listen to the episode here!

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 166 is here!

raiders8_episode_podcast_logo-150x150.jpg

This week we debut a new segment looking at the inspiration and rip-offs of Indiana Jones in cinema, Star Wars gaming gets a new deal, but what about Indy?, Joe and Keith return with a cool give-away in the Further Adventures of Indiana Jones and as usual we have more of your great emails! Listen to the episode here!

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 167 is here!

skull_episode_podcast_logo-150x150.jpg

This week we celebrate the 5th anniversary of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Joe and Keith not only return in the Further Adventures of Indiana Jones for a special edition of the segment with a special guest but they also have a trip back to some of the locations of Crystal Skull, plus as usual we have more of your great emails!

Stoo

Re. Episode 166

indycast said:
This week we debut a new segment looking at the inspiration and rip-offs of Indiana Jones in cinema,
The new "Indiana Clones" segment is right up my alley so I listened to it straight away last week and must ask Mitch: Why on earth did you premiere with the HORRIBLE film, "Doc Savage"?:confused: Anyway, I agree that the opening was a possible inspiration for a part of Marvel's "Gold Goddess" story. It's way too similar to be a coincidence. (Take note, Joe & Keith!;))

Great name for the segment, by the way! Who came up with that? I'm looking forward to the rest and will be listening with an expert ear.:)

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Hi Stoo

Actually Ed was going to start off Indiana Clones (Ed's name for it) with the High Road to China starring Tom Selleck but had something come up. I stepped in at the 12th hour (literally watching Doc Savage at 11:00pm off Amazon Instant video for $2.00 a day or so before that weeks IndyCast was getting ready). And yes it was HORRIBLE. I recorded my segment 2x as the first version I sounded like I was on suicide watch as that film sucked the life out of me.

There will be more Indiana Clones reviews -- but none as bad as Doc Suckage

micsteam

Did Ed think High Road to China was bad or you Mitch ?? I thought it wasn't too bad, Selleck made the movie watchable. Overall I liked High Road but def. not on par with Raiders. Between High Road and several Magnum episodes he was playing homage, if you will, to the role he almost had. You guys should talk about the Richard Chamberlain Allan Quartermain movies, those were soo bad they were almost entertaining !!!(y)

micsteam

Listen all Raven members, I propose we all take up a collection for RaiderMitch for the money he spent on Doc Savage... no man should have to endure such a $2.00 burden as that !!!! If anything Doc Savage owes you money !!!;)

Stoo

RaiderMitch said:
I recorded my segment 2x as the first version I sounded like I was on suicide watch...
Bwa-ha!:D You should have submitted your 1st version instead! George Pal must have been senile when he made that film (which was his last). The best thing about "Doc Savage" is when Doc's teeth sparkle.
micsteam said:
Did Ed think High Road to China was bad or you Mitch ?? I thought it wasn't too bad, Selleck made the movie watchable. Overall I liked High Road but def. not on par with Raiders. Between High Road and several Magnum episodes he was playing homage, if you will, to the role he almost had. You guys should talk about the Richard Chamberlain Allan Quartermain movies, those were soo bad they were almost entertaining !!!(y)
Hi, Chris. If you ever feel like talking more about "High Road to China", check out this thread: High Road to China

Funny that you mention the Chamberlain movies because I was going to ask Ed & Mitch if they wouldn't mind if I did an Indiana Clones segment for ALL of the Allan Quatermain films. I'm the man for the job. Being an avid & knowledgeable fan of that character, I have all of the movies (including some rare ones) and would just LO-O-O-OVE to contribute to this. (It would just be 1 or 2 segments. One for all of the "King Solomon's Mines" adaptations and another for the rest.)

So guys, whaddya think? Can I? Can I? Eh? Eh? Can I? Please, please, pretty please? If not, and you guys would prefer to do them, no problem. I can handle the rejection.:cool:

As for donations to Mitch: Call it the 'Doc Savage Relief Fund'!:D

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Donate the $2.00 to theRaider! Maybe we can release a bonus of the 1st Doc Savage review.

I'll ask Ed. We can always you a few more good Idy segments.

indycast

Stoo said:
Funny that you mention the Chamberlain movies because I was going to ask Ed & Mitch if they wouldn't mind if I did an Indiana Clones segment for ALL of the Allan Quatermain films. I'm the man for the job. Being an avid & knowledgeable fan of that character, I have all of the movies (including some rare ones) and would just LO-O-O-OVE to contribute to this. (It would just be 1 or 2 segments. One for all of the "King Solomon's Mines" adaptations and another for the rest.)

So guys, whaddya think? Can I? Can I? Eh? Eh? Can I? Please, please, pretty please? If not, and you guys would prefer to do them, no problem. I can handle the rejection.:cool:

As for donations to Mitch: Call it the 'Doc Savage Relief Fund'!:D

Hey Stoo, that would be great - it means I don't have to sit through them again! In fact, this is the only film I walked out of the theatre for - but then walked back in as my ride was picking me up at the end of the movie....

Will be interesting hearing about the character and his other appearances - from Stewart Grainger to Sean Connery.

No rush either.

micsteam

Thanks for the link to High Road Stoo !! As for the Quatermain Movies, there was a newer version added back in 2003 with Patrick Swayze and Alison Doody that I own that I liked. Anybody know the movie I'm talking about ?? It was made for tv for the Hallmark Channel.

Stoo

indycast said:
Hey Stoo, that would be great - it means I don't have to sit through them again! In fact, this is the only film I walked out of the theatre for - but then walked back in as my ride was picking me up at the end of the movie....

Will be interesting hearing about the character and his other appearances - from Stewart Grainger to Sean Connery.

No rush either.
Thanks a million, Ed!(y) It's been started already since I'm in the mood right now.;)

Which reminds me, a couple of months ago I went to listen to a much older IndyCast from about 2 years ago and couldn't access it, even from your main site. Are the old episodes being deleted?
micsteam said:
Thanks for the link to High Road Stoo !! As for the Quatermain Movies, there was a newer version added back in 2003 with Patrick Swayze and Alison Doody that I own that I liked. Anybody know the movie I'm talking about ?? It was made for tv for the Hallmark Channel.
You're welcome, Mr. Micsteam. Yes, I have the DVD of the 2003 version and will be covering that one as well. It's been discussed here at The Raven before, in a few of the MANY Quatermain threads:

Adventurer Allan Quatermain Coming To Television
Allan Quatermain... The ultimate hero?
King Solomon's Mines
Allan Quartermain and the Lost City of Gold
Improve The Allan Quartermain films
Indy Biters....riding on the Indy release! (Welcome back Allan Quatermain!)
Sam Worthington is Allen Quartermain
Book Classics: H. Ryder Haggard and Crichton

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 168 is here!

raiders_episode_podcast_logo-150x150.jpg

This week Official IndyCast correspondent Mitch Hallock chats to the team behind the fan film True Adventure; the Key to Eternity, we have an interesting Indy 5 rumour, more cool custom Indy dioramas, Joe and Keith return with the Further Adventures of Indiana Jones and we have some great feedback for you on our last few episodes!

micsteam

Ever since the mention of High Road to China it stirred some moths in the attic so I went off and ordered it on Blu-Ray from Amazon it came today .... watching it now Lol !!! :gun:

micsteam

Holy ### !!!! I totally forgot about that one !!! WOW !!! I haven't thought about that movie since it came out !!! (Probably for a good reason) :hat: