Could Shia's character be an Indy type?

joelwatts

I previously posted that it would be unlikely for Mutt to be a college student. However, we saw Mutt in shirt and tie in the warp video. It occurred to me that if you saw Indy in his get-up, you wouldn't take him to be a college professor. And since somebody said that one of the pins on Mutt's jacket is an honor society pin, could it be that he is like Indy in that he has two distinct personas?

Indy is the professor/adventurer. Might Mutt be the student/ rebel? Could make sense, especially if he's Indy's son.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
According to the book descriptions (that is the junior books), for "Meet Mutt", he has failed prep school, after prep school after prep school because he's more interested in his motorbike. Maybe he does become a student of Indy's but he's failing coz he's simply not interested (and if Marion's son, the reason why he has "Williams" as his last name, to make sure Indy doesn't link him to Marion) and perhaps after this adventure, he becomes interested in archaeology thus passing the torch. However this might be a bit too much to put in the film, considering that the MacGuffin is the crystal skull and not Indy's son that Indy didn't know existed.

I hope that Mutt turns out to be just a rebellious greaser with no connection to the good doctor. I hope the series doesn't rely on any more family links. This is high adventure, not soap opera.

No Ticket

herr gruber said:
I hope that Mutt turns out to be just a rebellious greaser with no connection to the good doctor. I hope the series doesn't rely on any more family links. This is high adventure, not soap opera.

It would be a great and welcomed surprise if Mutt just turned out to be a kid who looks up to Dr. Jones (a student of his perhaps)... but I don't think that will be the case.

deckard24

No Ticket said:
It would be a great and welcomed surprise if Mutt just turned out to be a kid who looks up to Dr. Jones (a student of his perhaps)... but I don't think that will be the case.
I like that idea, but I agree it will most likely not be the case!(n)

oki9Sedo

I reckon Mutt is Marion's son, but not Indy's.

Anyway, presumably he'll be the 1950s "Rebel Without A Cause" greaser type. Why you'd get the fairly geeky Shia Le Boeuf to play that, I don't know.

Deckard

I just talked to George Lucas himself who has informed me Shia is the son of an Alien named Clacdorr VII. Shia will speak a language no one can understand and it will not be subtitled. This of course infuriates Indiana Jones who learns Marion has already married said alien and Indy decides to stay home and fingerpaint instead of assisting the russians. I cant wait. (y)

No but seriously, I think he'll become more like Indy the more he is with him and the more they experiance.

1ord3vil

Deckard said:
I just talked to George Lucas himself who has informed me Shia is the son of an Alien named Clacdorr VII. Shia will speak a language no one can understand and it will not be subtitled.
Sounds like Jar Jar Binks, an abomination he actually DID include in some of his other movies...

oki9Sedo

trippweeder said:
Shia is Belloq's son - and thus a total bast@rd.

Who, like his father before him, has a propensity for fly-eating, getting captured women drunk and standing knee up with his sweaty groin in Indy's face.