Cars Land

roundshort

OK, who has been? (Pale?) I have heard that it is an amazing addition to DL. In the area for work in a few weeks, shoudl I extaned a day to check it out?

Anyone? Buller...

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Haven't been. Though I feel I should correct you and say that Cars Land is not part of Disneyland per se, but actually part of DCA (Disney's California Adventure). :p

Although, if you get those multiday passes like we have both times that we holidayed in LA, you can visit both.

I do wonder what they'll do with Autopia now, as last time I went over, Autopia had been re-themed in the line up area to have those Cars hologram windows.

Le Saboteur

I also haven't been. Ask again in about 17 days and I can offer an opinion. I can say that I'm still opposed to the idea of creating/naming/whatever an entire land after a single franchise -- no matter how successful -- to be misguided at best. Why not fold the entire thing into the underused Condor Flats area?

California has a long standing history with the need for speed, and almost single handedly endeared the country to "the open road" so the history's already there.

Of course I'm still holding out for The Rocketeer: The Ride.

Violet said:
I do wonder what they'll do with Autopia now, as last time I went over, Autopia had been re-themed in the line up area to have those Cars hologram windows.

Are you sure those weren't the Chevron Techron cars? It's been a couple of years since my last visit, but I believe that partnership is still under contract.

Actually, I lied. I was at Disneyland a couple of weeks ago, but didn't set foot in the park.

This information is old, but I remember reading that Honda & Disney had inked a partnership/sponsorship that was to be in place once the deal with Chevron ended. Part of that deal included re-theming the Autopia, and supplying it with newer and faster electric cars. Whether or not things have gotten that far, I don't know. I do recall seeing adverts for Honda around Downtown Disney, though.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Yep. :)

Took in Dinner at the Carthay Circle Restaurant. I'll say this, Andrew did well here, in every aspect. I love the wine coves, though with child, we had a standard table.

We walked though Carsland, stayed a while admiring it. 2+ hour lines for everything seemed a bit much for regulars like us. We'll go on the off season. There were people waiting for almost three hours for a ride (racers) that wasn't even running while we were there.

The land itself is stunning. We are the type that could spend hours on the backside of Flo's, watching the world go by.

You'll love it. And, yes, get into Carthay. And Keep Calm and Chive On, works there...

P.S. PM me, a meetup might be in order.

russds

Like Pale Horse, i'm a regular attender, annual pass-holder. Myself, I haven't been (just been busy), but my wife, sons, my sister, most of my family, etc have all been, and the consensus is that it's fabulous addition (along with the other improvements to California Adventure), extensive attention to detail, but wait times are horrendous, (2+ hour waits for rides). I'll probably also wait for the offseason to go and really experience it, and go on the rides. Find an offseason day (Oct, Feb ish) and go when the park happens to open early (8am) and you'll feel like you have the whole park to yourself.

InexorableTash

We hav annual passes expiring in August so will try and use them one more time. I doubt the Cars Land lines will be shorter by then, but perhaps the rest of the DLR will be less crowded.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Le Saboteur said:
Are you sure those weren't the Chevron Techron cars? It's been a couple of years since my last visit, but I believe that partnership is still under contract.

Actually, I lied. I was at Disneyland a couple of weeks ago, but didn't set foot in the park.

This information is old, but I remember reading that Honda & Disney had inked a partnership/sponsorship that was to be in place once the deal with Chevron ended. Part of that deal included re-theming the Autopia, and supplying it with newer and faster electric cars. Whether or not things have gotten that far, I don't know. I do recall seeing adverts for Honda around Downtown Disney, though.

I don't know- the holograms are definitely Cars (went back to my home movies to confirm this)- The last time I went was back in Christmas '09 so it's been a few years for me. I do vaguely remember about Chevron now that you mentioned it. Though I found nothing different about the cars compared to my prior visit in '06. I wouldn't be surprised if it's changed since then. It does need re-theming regardless.

roundshort

That is what I have heard, it seems it is even off limits to cast-members until September.

Pale, I am there do a Staff training at Carthy Circle. I am not sure how much free time I will have, but maybe a Drink at Trader Sams Tiki Bar?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
You work for the mouse and now, I'm working for the wabbit, who'd have thought it? :p

So do you get any perks? Like free entry or anything?

Nurhachi1991

Violet said:
You work for the mouse and now, I'm working for the wabbit, who'd have thought it? :p

So do you get any perks? Like free entry or anything?

I have been there since 09 and yeah I get free entry whenever I want and can get 3 people in at a time 16 times a year. I have been like 3 times since I started working there haha

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
That is what I have heard, it seems it is even off limits to cast-members until September.

Pale, I am there do a Staff training at Carthy Circle. I am not sure how much free time I will have, but maybe a Drink at Trader Sams Tiki Bar?

Say When...

Dr. Gonzo

roundshort said:
Evening of the 19th?
Pale Horse said:
Done. Traders Tiki Bar... details to follow, yes?

P.S. don't waste time on Luigi's Tires....

I'm blocked for all of July but it would be great if us three amigos (or any other California Raven patron) could rendezvous sometime in late August.

It's about time we got that drink Horsey.