Outlaw Foie Gras

Doc Savage

temple of john said:
This made me think of that scene from "Police Academy" when The guy who makes all the sounds is kung-fuing the thief who was beating up the Asian food grocer...

"Ahhh, not on bwocolli"

"Ahh, not on colifwower"

If you could hear me, you'd discover I'm laughing maniacally. Even snorting once or twice. That was hilarious.

Joe Brody

roundshort said:
Your a big New Yorker Joe, you must have had some decent foie before?

Well I guess its better than that raw hamburger-in-a-bowl some of the steakhouses serve.

roundshort

Joe Brody said:
Well I guess its better than that raw hamburger-in-a-bowl some of the steakhouses serve.

LOL that is great! with a little raw quail egg on top. YUMMMMMMMYY Actually one of my favorite restaurants near where I live, Press, has the BEST Tartare ever, with quail egg! I am heading there in a few hours and Yes, I think I will have to have the Tartare, a nice hunk of meat, probablyt he New York Strip, and have them top it with a nice hunk of Foie Gras, and Truffle butter!

Now that is life

then I will have a mild heart attack . . .

roundshort

temple of john said:
I need to climb into your pants for a day roundshort.

yeah, could ya rephrase that, like walk in my shoes for a day . . .the whole you in my pants . . .

nothing personal . . .

just not really into it .. ..
We will have western times in Philly!

Joe Brody

Joe Brody said:
Foie Gras: the Raven's new bestiality. Let's see how long this lasts.

Joe Brody in the Movies you loved as a kid. . . . thread said:
What's not to like [about Red Dawn]?

Guns, mountain living (with women, plural), and large American made trucks?

temple of john in response said:
Was it just me or was anyone else hoping that Jennifer Grey and lea Thompson were gonna dike it out in the desert and then C. Thomas Howell was gonna hop on.

There's my answer. [Jokingly] And here I was talking about an action movie with a little gender equality.

etobicoke indy

well....now my 2 cents..foie gras RULES!!!!! i wish they could force feed every animal...could you imagine...Panda gras...seal gras....blue whale gras....bald eagle gras...the possibilities are endless....YUMMMY i say!!!!

roundshort

etobicoke indy said:
well....now my 2 cents..foie gras RULES!!!!! i wish they could force feed every animal...could you imagine...Panda gras...seal gras....blue whale gras....bald eagle gras...the possibilities are endless....YUMMMY i say!!!!

Why are we comparing eating soemthing that is not on the endangered list to things that are? I mean Canada still has baby seal clubbing parties . . .I woudl love to see that stopped before the end to foie gras!

etobicoke indy

roundshort said:
Why are we comparing eating soemthing that is not on the endangered list to things that are? I mean Canada still has baby seal clubbing parties . . .I woudl love to see that stopped before the end to foie gras!

ouch...well,the reason i said that is to **** of the tree huggers,as they think foie gras is such a horrible thing....animals ARE MEANT TO EAT!!!! in this world, EAT OR BE EATEN!!!!!....guess that these animal lovers,want us to maybe eat....soya gras???? sounds real appetizing...lol:sick:

roundshort

etobicoke indy said:
ouch...well,the reason i said that is to **** of the tree huggers,as they think foie gras is such a horrible thing....animals ARE MEANT TO EAT!!!! in this world, EAT OR BE EATEN!!!!!....guess that these animal lovers,want us to maybe eat....soya gras???? sounds real appetizing...lol:sick:

lol, sorry, I must have misunderstood your tone, very easy to do on the internet, I meant no harm! yes go have some steak for me!

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
I like foie gras a lot. I actually bought one last weekend when I was in the south of France. I've seen the process of force feeding several times, it's a really special technique and it really doesn't look like the animals suffer. But in the end foie gras is indeed a sick liver.

Foie gras is absolutly wonderful with a golden wine like Sauternes (my personal all time favorite), Montbasillac or Jurançon. It's also great with a touch of raspberry or apercot, it really lifts up the flavors.

the best foie gras is geese, but it's harder to make so it's much more expensive (45$ for 200g), duck is still really good and much more affordable (20$ for 200g).

roundshort

vaxer said:
I like foie gras a lot. I actually bought one last weekend when I was in the south of France. I've seen the process of force feeding several times, it's a really special technique and it really doesn't look like the animals suffer. But in the end foie gras is indeed a sick liver.

Foie gras is absolutly wonderful with a golden wine like Sauternes (my personal all time favorite), Montbasillac or Jurançon. It's also great with a touch of raspberry or apercot, it really lifts up the flavors.

the best foie gras is geese, but it's harder to make so it's much more expensive (45$ for 200g), duck is still really good and much more affordable (20$ for 200g).

finally someone who really can love foie gras! A frenchie!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
roundshort said:
I would probably have a cat. Cats are amazing.
A friend did the Peace Corps in Africa and found it to be greasy and gamy, like dog. He ate just about everything, and now it's endangered. There's not much point in preparing an omnivorous, skinny animal... sort of like shelling crawdads when you can have lobster.

I'm reminded of a swollen, yellow, hardened human cirrhotic liver I encountered in the lab. Late one night. I know this is not the same as a migratory bird liver, which expands naturally to store fat. Though it did smell like COGNAC! :eek:

roundshort

Moedred said:
A friend did the Peace Corps in Africa and found it to be greasy and gamy, like dog. He ate just about everything, and now it's endangered. There's not much point in preparing an omnivorous, skinny animal... sort of like shelling crawdads when you can have lobster.

I'm reminded of a swollen, yellow, hardened human cirrhotic liver I encountered in the lab. Late one night. I know this is not the same as a migratory bird liver, which expands naturally to store fat. Though it did smell like COGNAC! :eek:

No as a pet not to eat. . .big fan of cats

Pale Horse

Staff member
FOIE-GRAS with out the fowl, say it ain't so!

That's like vodka without alcohol, beer without hops, drinks without roofies, and Indiana Jones movies without a plot. It just shouldn't be.

|ZiR|

It may be cruel, but has anyone here been near an actual goose before? They're mean ass bastards. If they could, geese would kill you and everyone you've ever loved.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The Presidio of San Francisco, a national park and home of ILM and Lucasarts, was declared a foie gras safe zone, defying the ban which started this month. Hopefully a California wine boycott in France can be averted through continued disobedience...

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Moedred said:
The Presidio of San Francisco, a national park and home of ILM and Lucasarts, was declared a foie gras safe zone, defying the ban which started this month. Hopefully a California wine boycott in France can be averted through continued disobedience...

Is that a foie gras burger!? :whip: That's for blasphemy! ;)

Pale Horse

Staff member
Stay one step ahead of the long arm of John Q. Law

o-FOIE-GRAS-BUBBLE-GUM-570.jpg