Worst movie ever!! Whats your opinion?

|ZiR|

metalinvader said:
Exorcist 3 is one of the most underated Horror films of all time.

I could not agree more.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bPJoEd6WrE0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bPJoEd6WrE0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ResidentAlien said:
Return of the Living Dead is on my list... has been for years. One of these days I'll see it...

You really must. It's so awesome.

metalinvader

|ZiR| said:
I could not agree more.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bPJoEd6WrE0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bPJoEd6WrE0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

My god.What a fantastic scene.Here's the other scene I love.....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dbz20o8YCkY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dbz20o8YCkY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

40 seconds into it...:eek:
Brad Dourif was fantastic in this.

Iandiana

Woah I sense this thread is on the verge of becoming a battlefield but kudos to everyone for keeping it so peaceful this long!

In response to my including the Ring: Although the story was more cohesive it just felt flat in terms of story, atmosphere and the deep, dark sense of forboding the original had.

I, personally couldn't get into LOTR. I remember watching Fellowship on DVD and cursing not seeing it on the big screen after 5 minutes. Then the rest followed. The acting was atrocious (from some talented thesps!) and the CGI became obvious and clunky after a while. I saw the second on DVD and the third at the cinema. In all I... I just don't "get" it. However...

Star Trek 5 has a bad rap. The effects are crap but I like the family fun of the flick. Can't beat KHAAAAAAAAN though.

I own The Adventures Of Ford Fairlane. I know it off by heart. Sure it's dumb but I wouldn't change it.

Blade Trinity (extended) was awesome. By this point I was anti-snipes for certain rumours I heard. But it made me want a Nightstalkers movie. Dracula, pun oh so cleverly intended, SUCKED!

Total Recall is a horrible film but as far as fun and delivering the lines along with it it's better than most. "Howdy Quaid!"

I also bought the Allan Quartermaine films (with Dick Chamberlain) because I remember them being trashy crap but they were a part of my childhood.

And thanks for reminding me to add....

21-24. Scary Movies 1-4
25. Not Another Teen Movie
26. Epic
27. Date
28. Superhero Movie
29. Meet The Spartans
30. Whatever the next lame spoof film is with out of date Tom Cruise/Paris Hilton jokes...

Sorry for the long post - I really like this thread!

yodazone

Halloween 3-6
Omen 2 & 3
The Fly 2 ('89)
Always
Alan Quartermain and the Temple of the Skulls
Ghost Rider
Fantastic Four

(n)

jonesissparrow

Iandiana said:
Woah I sense this thread is on the verge of becoming a battlefield but kudos to everyone for keeping it so peaceful this long!

In response to my including the Ring: Although the story was more cohesive it just felt flat in terms of story, atmosphere and the deep, dark sense of forboding the original had.

I, personally couldn't get into LOTR. I remember watching Fellowship on DVD and cursing not seeing it on the big screen after 5 minutes. Then the rest followed. The acting was atrocious (from some talented thesps!) and the CGI became obvious and clunky after a while. I saw the second on DVD and the third at the cinema. In all I... I just don't "get" it. However...

Star Trek 5 has a bad rap. The effects are crap but I like the family fun of the flick. Can't beat KHAAAAAAAAN though.

I own The Adventures Of Ford Fairlane. I know it off by heart. Sure it's dumb but I wouldn't change it.

Blade Trinity (extended) was awesome. By this point I was anti-snipes for certain rumours I heard. But it made me want a Nightstalkers movie. Dracula, pun oh so cleverly intended, SUCKED!

Total Recall is a horrible film but as far as fun and delivering the lines along with it it's better than most. "Howdy Quaid!"

I also bought the Allan Quartermaine films (with Dick Chamberlain) because I remember them being trashy crap but they were a part of my childhood.

And thanks for reminding me to add....

21-24. Scary Movies 1-4
25. Not Another Teen Movie
26. Epic
27. Date
28. Superhero Movie
29. Meet The Spartans
30. Whatever the next lame spoof film is with out of date Tom Cruise/Paris Hilton jokes...

Sorry for the long post - I really like this thread!

That is blasphemy that anyone say that LOTR is one bit least atrocious, it is probably one of the greatest films of all time and I give anyone a bad horror movie murder if they say otherwise.

Most movies I've seen have been mediocre at best but some were actually horrendous and I didn't even bother watching the rest.

captainblood06.jpg

I saw this on TV and it bore me so bad I couldn't watch the rest of it. It is an insult to the classic Errol Flynn film with bad actors and bad dialogue.:dead:

horrors.gif

This one was bad, it felt like it couldn't make up its mind whether its a sexploitation, horror, science fiction, or a romance picture. Warning: Do not watch this without the accompaniment of Mystrey Science Theater 3000, I watched this after watching the movie to get the bad taste out of my mouth.:sick:

the-cat-in-the-hat.jpg
A HUGE Crime against Dr. Seuss!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

chicken_little.jpg

Chicken Little made me lose faith in animated cartoons, the only people who do it right nowadays is Pixar.

Iandiana said:

Yeah, I agree. Jackson shoulda stuck to directing horror/comedies. It was the right niche for him.

Niteshade007

Someone mentioned Big Fish. I love that movie. One of the few that can actually make me cry. I've actually seen a couple movies on here that I liked. Makes me sad.

Yeah, Epic and Date movie were both awful, as was Superhero movie, now that I think about it. I'm sure there are others that I can think of later that qualify under "worst movies ever."

fixer79

Talking about bad movies...
Out here in Belgium there's a festival called 'Nacht van de Wansmaak' (Night of Bad aste) which is a film festival of all the worst movies of all times.
In fact, the films shown there are so bad they become hilarious!
Most of the time, the title pretty much says it all... How about "Angel Above, Devil Below" (in which a girl gets sexually abused by the devil and henceforth has talking private parts), "The Naked fist", "The Mighty Peking Man", "Oh Schreck mei Hos' is weg" (which prety much means 'Darn, I lost my pants'), "Flesh Gordon" (an erotic version of Flash Gordon), "Beim jodeln juckt die Lederhose" (you don't even wanna know) or "The Brain of Planet Arous"?

:whip:

Zorg

For every decent movie at least ten bad ones are made.

But, you should see some recent Finnish movies. Just awful stuff...

xelaman

|ZiR| said:
Oh God, I've got to add Batman Forever.

even worse- the sequil- batman and robin- niple suit, a teenage hot head evil robin, 15 minuite heroin batgirl, arnies rubbish puns (ice to see you bat man), the worst verison of bain they could possibly do, george cloony, purple ape henchmen... the list goes on forever

Iandiana

ResidentAlien said:
Yeah, I agree. Jackson shoulda stuck to directing horror/comedies. It was the right niche for him.

I love Bad Taste and Braindead (or Dead Alive whatever you call it) and remember them fondly. Then The Frighteners came out and I thought it was his best ever. I wondered why it didn't feel like a Peter Jackson film though as it didn't have anything mildly gross or rubbery.

Then I watched the excellent DVD documentary and found all of his usual rubber gubbins were in deleted scenes. All these moments put back into the film would have killed it for me.

I really respect PJ as he refuses to leave his home country and gets Hollywood to come to him. Plus he has proven himself as a director and overcome the impossible task of bringing the LOTR to the screen in it's entirety. But I JUST DON'T GET IT!

"Mister Frodo!" Sean Astin was lame. But I respect your opinions.

ReggieSnake

jonesissparrow said:
captainblood06.jpg

I saw this on TV and it bore me so bad I couldn't watch the rest of it. It is an insult to the classic Errol Flynn film with bad actors and bad dialogue.:dead:
But you have to remember that without Errol Flynn's Captain Blood the Horatio Hornblower series would never have been written!

C.S. Forester, the writer of the series, had been hired to write a pirate movie about the same historical events that Captain Blood evidently was about : When he got out to California from England the movie folded because Captain Blood was being made already. The story goes he took the long way home around the cape and was inspired to write Horatio Hornblower.
Iandiana said:
"Mister Frodo!" Sean Astin was lame. But I respect your opinions.
And I appreciate that. It seems most people who did get into the series already loved the books(discounting the Orlando Bloom girl-fan crowd:eek: ), if you haven't read them I definitely recommend them, classic pieces of literature in the best sense of the word.
I Hate Snakes! said:
Four words: The Sound of Music.
Why?

oki9Sedo

Meet the Spartans, Epic Movie etc. Basically any film thats just a cheap, tacky and unashamedly lazy parody capitalizing on the success of a vastly superior film.

As for famous bombs like Wild Wild West and Godzilla, well, at least they attempt to come up with something new. Even if the story is derivative, thats still better than shamelessly capitalizing on the success of a big movie by doing a parody of it, and a churned out, half-assed parody at that.

Stick in a fart/p*ss/sh*t/boob/p*nis/gay gag here and there and you'll be grand, and that general line of thinking.

kongisking

I disagree so hottly with so many many comments on this thread that I probably should not bother to defend the unfairly condemned such as Cloverfield, Blair Witch, Terminator 3, Batman Returns, etc. And of all the crazy ideas, HOW THE FLICK CAN YOU CALL THE LOTR TRILOGY BAD?????????? Impossible! Unimaginable! Atrocious! Ridiculous! Unbelievable! Insane! Crazy! Whack-job! Kooky! Unfathomable! Unfair! Unjust! Astounding!

Shall I go on? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Anyway, my pic for terrible movie of the decade would be Alvin and the Chipmunks. Those furry little monsters make Jar-Jar Binks look like a somber, poignant and deeply four-dimensional study in characterization by comparison. :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

oki9Sedo

kongisking said:
Anyway, my pic for terrible movie of the decade would be Alvin and the Chipmunks. Those furry little monsters make Jar-Jar Binks look like a somber, poignant and deeply four-dimensional study in characterization by comparison. :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

But that film is made for 5-year olds, and 5-year olds love it.

G-Man

xelaman said:
even worse- the sequil- batman and robin- niple suit, a teenage hot head evil robin, 15 minuite heroin batgirl, arnies rubbish puns (ice to see you bat man), the worst verison of bain they could possibly do, george cloony, purple ape henchmen... the list goes on forever
Gotta agree, Batman and Robin and the Avengers top my list. Man, Uma Thurman makes some really bad movie choices...

Iandiana

I don't hate LOTR. I don't get it. I'm more than happy for others to watch it and blather on about Orcs and Ents and whatnot but in a society that slates The Phantom Menace yet accepts films with talking trees....

I can't finish that sentence. Anyway....

My major gripe is this: The guy from Lost, Billy Boyd and Andy Serkis. These guys who were nothing suddenly showed up at EVERY AWARD CEREMONY going and accepted awards on behalf of Jackson. Elisha Mr Frodo and Sean Astin I'd understand, hell even Sean Bean, but the lesser Hobbits and a guy who voiced a CGI man... ridiculous.

However, I will read the books. I'm meeting you halfways you stinking Hippies!