Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Nurhachi1991 said:
What is wrong with you? :confused:

I could ask the same of you

A date to the prom and all of a sudden you're too big for your britches?:confused:

The guy likes cartoony...do you only get his used games? Are you Marketing and Sales for Lucas Arts?:rolleyes:

If anything maybe he'll pick it up used for Fate of Atlantis...now THAT's cartoony!:hat:

Hatchi, relax...it'll be ok!;)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
P'haps he means the kind of graphics that were used in the latest Prince of Persia?

RedeemedChild

Rocket Surgeon said:
What other game has the kind of style you would rather have?

Thanks for your understanding DocWhiskey and RocketSurgeon.

BTW VP the last Prince of Persia graphics would not have been a bad idea.

800px-PoP_Prince_and_Elika_running.jpg

At lest they appeal to me a bit more than the ones in the screenshots I've seen for Staff of Kings. Howbeit I was hoping that the game would have a bit of a cross between realism and anime like Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts for example. If the game had graphics like those in the cinematic opening cut scene of FF III on DS or of Final Fantasy Advent Children I would have been much more impressed.

Howbeit I plan to wait until the PSP version is unveiled before I make my final decision.

BTW DocWhiskey you have a good point regarding an animated series. Ever since Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was released news has been leaked from Lucasfilm Animation regarding the currently "in development" animated Indiana Jones series. With that in mind I am sure that an anime-esque game is in development and it will no doubt be released along side the animated program just like the Clone Wars games with the SW Clone Wars TV show.
I only hope this leaked animated Indy is not CGI but rather traditional animation mixed with CGI like Naruto or The Prince of Egypt.

Nurhachi1991

Rocket Surgeon said:
I could ask the same of you

A date to the prom and all of a sudden you're too big for your britches?:confused:

The guy likes cartoony...do you only get his used games? Are you Marketing and Sales for Lucas Arts?:rolleyes:

If anything maybe he'll pick it up used for Fate of Atlantis...now THAT's cartoony!:hat:

Hatchi, relax...it'll be ok!;)

All I'm saying bub is that a realistic Indy game should be a good thing. After all the movies were realistic right?

Would you want an Indy game like this?

cartoonindy.jpg

Nurhachi1991 said:
All I'm saying bub is that a realistic Indy game should be a good thing. After all the movies were realistic right?
Would you want an Indy game like this?

I agree, although some of the renders of his face are creepy...sort of like "The Uncanny Valley" that roboticists have been debating for over 35 years.

In 1970, Japanese roboticist Masahiro Mori, introduced the concept ; it implies that whereas cartoonish or other abstract human figures draw immediate empathy, robots or animations that appear similar to humans (but not identical) provoke a sense of unease.

Not to heap more fuel to the I hate SoK, (I can't wait to play it)...but the animations fall head long into the uncanny valley as far as I'm concerned.

Lego was fine/fun and I'll be picking up the new one too.

Would I like that version of Indy in a game? Possibly, but it depends on so many things. I think those Playskool Adventure Heroes are very cool and have "deformations" that aren't creepy. A game in their style might be VERY cool.

Nurhachi1991

Rocket Surgeon said:
I agree, although some of the renders of his face are creepy...sort of like "The Uncanny Valley" that roboticists have been debating for over 35 years.

In 1970, Japanese roboticist Masahiro Mori, introduced the concept ; it implies that whereas cartoonish or other abstract human figures draw immediate empathy, robots or animations that appear similar to humans (but not identical) provoke a sense of unease.

Not to heap more fuel to the I hate SoK, (I can't wait to play it)...but the animations fall head long into the uncanny valley as far as I'm concerned.

Would I like that version of Indy in a game? Possibly, but it depends on so many things. I think those Playskool Adventure Heroes are very cool and have "deformations" that aren't creepy. A game in their style might be VERY cool.

I can't wait to play SOK either my only complaints were really about the lack of Nazi's and the health bars but I have put those aside and hope the game will be good.

Yeah the adventure heroes are awesome and a game in that style would be pretty cool...... Wait they should of made an adventure heroes style game for the Wii and Ds and PSP and release the Big Boy version of SOK on the 360,PS3 and PC

Damn Lucas arts........

RedeemedChild

Rocket Surgeon said:

I did not say that I hated Staff of Kings. I only said that I was turned off by the realism of the character designs. Nor did I say that I was ditching the game. I'm an Indiana Jones fan and I intend to try the game out when it is released. I have nothing against the game nor those of you who like the character designs. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion and I respect that.

Star Wars The Force Unleashed was great and I enjoyed all the hoopla surrounding it and I enjoyed the book adaption along with the comic adaption (graphic novels). I sure hope that LucasArts and Lucasfilm will give Staff of Kings the same kind of big promotional push they gave to SW: TFU because I'll be sure to pick up a Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings comic book tie-in.

Furthermore I hope that George Lucas and friends will devote their time to giving the archeologist in the Fedora big media pushes and campaigns to increase it's popularity and accessibility because Indiana Jones has had nowhere near the kind of promotionalism that Star Wars has been given. (BTW I know promotionalism is not a REAL word, I simply created it to get my point across.)

I think that Indiana Jones is just as good and enjoyable as Star Wars and Dr. Jones needs a big "surge" in popular culture around the world or perhaps I'm suffering from Indiana Jonesy fanboy nostalgia?

Nurhachi1991

Indy get the same treatment as Star Wars?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Oh man HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH That's a good one

If Indy got the same treatment as SW he would of had a Next Gen game........

AlivePoet

Nurhachi1991 said:
Indy get the same treatment as Star Wars?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Oh man HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH That's a good one

If Indy got the same treatment as SW he would of had a Next Gen game........

This would be very funny if in fact you laughed out loud with all of those "HAHA"s. Tape yourself and we'll get a few lol's here ourselves, for real. :hat:

Nurhachi1991

AlivePoet said:
This would be very funny if in fact you laughed out loud with all of those "HAHA"s. Tape yourself and we'll get a few lol's here ourselves, for real. :hat:

What are you going on about bub?

The Tingler

Nurhachi1991 said:
I can't wait to play SOK either my only complaints were really about the lack of Nazis and the health bars but I have put those aside and hope the game will be good.

If you check out the latest videos, the health bars are often missing. It's looking possible that LucasArts may have relented and let us turn them off. It should've been an easy enough option to implement.

indyjones2131

Ok so I read the Nintendo Power review. Apparently they gave it a 7.5 mostly due to the fact that the context sensitive buttons presses are a bit of a pain. Looks like you can only jump or shimmy in CERTAIN small spots and lining Indy up to into position to get the button press is a pain.

They seemed to like it a lot besides this though, sayin this by no means breaks the game and it is a fun, very Indy-ish adventure.

indyjones2131

Really wish I could scan it. I read it at the store.

It was just a half page review too, which kinda sucks.

Oh and they don't mention the missing satchel...