Here it is ! Closeup of Sideshow's Indy sculpt !!

Maybe.Not Today

Can't wait to see your upgrades!

One thing I'm worried about with this figure is the faux leather strap on the bag. It looks like the same material that was used on the belt for the sideshow Hellboy that I have, which sadly broke. It was an easy fix, but it's still always sad when accesories are very fragile.

barranca

Yeah noticed that too, hoping its just the prototype. The cut of the jacket is great, but the fabric looks 'plasticky'. Sideshow's prop guys do some nice fine leatherwork. So hopefully these issues will all get worked out.
Either that or I'll borrow my Toys Mccoy jacket, get the bookbinding leather out for the strap and no doubt pop on a pair of Newline Aldens!

Deckard

Yea the jacket could be better, but they want to keep it affordable. The strap needs attention tho, that thing will break.

deckard24

What an incredible two days! First the teaser trailer, now this!

Awesome job Trevor and Sideshow!:hat:

Anybody have a clue when this will be up for pre-order?

Deckard

deckard24 said:
What an incredible two days! First the teaser trailer, now this!

Awesome job Trevor and Sideshow!:hat:

Anybody have a clue when this will be up for pre-order?

Oh, Sideshow made an announcement that you wouldn't be allowed to purchase this fgure and anyone caught buying one for you would be persecuted... prostituted... I mean prosecuted. And no not yet.

Billy Ray

Trevor, thanks for the high rez pic! Loving the headsculpt,best likeness of HF yet IMO. I was wondering, do you know what material the fedora id made out of and, did you sculpt it as well? It really came out perfect!

Billy Ray

Speculation around the 1/6 scale figure forums is that, judging by the neck joint in the picture, Indy is on a new body as well! Sideshow has been hinting at coming out with a new body for some time now, what better figure to start with?

Trevor G

TR.N Staff Member
that neck does look suspicious, doesn't it? ;)

thanks for the kind words! I'm anxious for more shots
Trev

Little Indy

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!! When I saw this I fainted. After I came to, I looked at it again and passed out a second time. FEB has been awesome. Met with Deborah Landis, my birthday, the teaser trailer, Hasbro figs and now this. I'm as giddy as a school boy. It just keeps getting better. I'm loving the gloves and the head sculpt is spot on. LOVE IT :whip: (y)

Billy Ray

Awesome Trevor, thanks! Can't think of a better figure to debut a new body on than Indy! Any intel on the fedora?

deckard24

There's no doubt in my mind I'm getting 2 of these!

I'm curious though if the jacket will be more beat up and distressed like his fedora? It's looking a little too clean for him to have been adventuring in it.

Katarn07

I might need two as well if this is indeed on a newer, more poseable body. The fedora looks like plastic to me. And I'm hoping that the gloved hands aren't an exclusive bonus. I hope that's a standard accessory. I'm holding out for something more impressive as the exclusive bonus item.

deckard24

Katarn07 said:
I might need two as well if this is indeed on a newer, more poseable body. The fedora looks like plastic to me. And I'm hoping that the gloved hands aren't an exclusive bonus. I hope that's a standard accessory. I'm holding out for something more impressive as the exclusive bonus item.
Yeah, I too hope the gloves come as a standard accessory and not as one of the exclusive items. The exclusive stuff should be something along the lines of the idol, his glasses, and the little notebook he uses in the map Room at Tanis!(y)

Katarn07

Actually, the gloved hands would be a better bonus than the idol. That should definitely be a standard accessory. I wonder if that crate has any significance to this figure or if it's just a prop the photographer decided to use.

deckard24

Katarn07 said:
Actually, the gloved hands would be a better bonus than the idol. That should definitely be a standard accessory. I wonder if that crate has any significance to this figure or if it's just a prop the photographer decided to use.
Yeah I guess your right!

Maybe the bag of sand as an accesory, with the idol or headpiece as standard?

Or maybe the idol, headpiece, notebook, glasses, and bag of sand for the exclusive edition, with the gloves and either of the two artifacts as standard accessories?

Katarn07

Crazy thought. Check out the standard and exclusive version of Taylor (Charlton Heston) for the PotA line:

7503.jpg
75031.jpg

The standard (left) was limited to 4000; the exclusive (right) to only 500. Maybe we'll get a battle-ravaged Indy from Temple of Doom or something. The limitedness would have to be altered. Indy is gonna sell far better than those damn dirty apes!

Let's take a look at Sideshow's track record for completely different outfits/head sculpts as the exclusive version. Taylor was one of 3 characters to get this alternate outfit treatment. Doctor Zaius came in two different outfits (one from the original movie, the other from the first sequel) and the astronaut from the second movie came in two different outfits (one in an astronaut outfit, the other in his slave). Goldeneye's 006 came with a non-scarred face for the exclusive version in addition to the standard scarred one.

I for one don't like this marketing practice because you might miss out on it. I don't own that exclusive Taylor and really would have liked to! But at the same time, it's good for Sideshow because it makes die-hard fans buy two right away without hesitating in fear that they'll miss out.

Deckard

Katarn07 said:
Crazy thought. Check out the standard and exclusive version of Taylor (Charlton Heston) for the PotA line:

7503.jpg
75031.jpg

The standard (left) was limited to 4000; the exclusive (right) to only 500. Maybe we'll get a battle-ravaged Indy from Temple of Doom or something. The limitedness would have to be altered. Indy is gonna sell far better than those damn dirty apes!

Let's take a look at Sideshow's track record for completely different outfits/head sculpts as the exclusive version. Taylor was one of 3 characters to get this alternate outfit treatment. Doctor Zaius came in two different outfits (one from the original movie, the other from the first sequel) and the astronaut from the second movie came in two different outfits (one in an astronaut outfit, the other in his slave). Goldeneye's 006 came with a non-scarred face for the exclusive version in addition to the standard scarred one.

I for one don't like this marketing practice because you might miss out on it. I don't own that exclusive Taylor and really would have liked to! But at the same time, it's good for Sideshow because it makes die-hard fans buy two right away without hesitating in fear that they'll miss out.

It would be stupid for them to do that, when instead they can just include something like the idol for an exclusive Raiders Indy, which going by the fact that he includes gloves, this is. It would be bad for them to do it your way and for us, bcuz Im sure in a few months were going to get a ToD and LC Indy the same way Sideshow has already made 4 Luke Skywalkers and No Darth Vaders.