General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

wombocombo

Interesting didn't know that you knew me that well... You obviously don't understand the concept of tongue in cheek or being sociable. Didn't realise people were that unfriendly on here. Btw been married for 20 years and created and signed many nda's, so there. On topic he knows something (his tweets), but it seems to me that they are all playing their cards close to their chest - the question is why?

Montana Smith

wombocombo said:
On topic he knows something (his tweets), but it seems to me that they are all playing their cards close to their chest - the question is why?

The screenplay is written and ready. They're waiting for Harrison to shuffle off his mortal coil so they can cast an actor to play a credible 'action hero' for another ten or so Indiana Jones movies.

The delay is Harrison's fault.

Montana Smith said:
The screenplay is written and ready. They're waiting for Harrison to shuffle off his mortal coil so they can cast an actor to play a credible 'action hero' for another ten or so Indiana Jones movies.

The delay is Harrison's fault.

Well they would need to wait at least 20 years before Harry goes trust me...!!

I've found out by a credible sause that Harrison when they went to him about the new star wars he said......."I'm not doing more Star Wars....but we need you Harrison..Ok ill only do it if you agree in writing to give me one last Indiana Jones film..."

They agreed they had too. He's filmed episode 7 is in great shape now. Skript as been worked on ever since..but they need to see how Star wars is received and how Han is welcomed.

AndyLGR

Túrin Turambar said:
He's filmed episode 7 is in great shape now. Skript as been worked on ever since..but they need to see how Star wars is received and how Han is welcomed.
I've heard that statement somewhere before, but Star Wars is going to be a success no matter what IMO.

Indy's brother

Túrin Turambar said:
.....I've found out by a credible sause that Harrison when they went to him about the new star wars he said......."I'm not doing more Star Wars....but we need you Harrison..Ok ill only do it if you agree in writing to give me one last Indiana Jones film..."

They agreed they had too. He's filmed episode 7 is in great shape now. Skript as been worked on ever since..but they need to see how Star wars is received and how Han is welcomed.

Your credible sausage being "Jedi Master Squirrel"....sounds legit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hanselation

Indiana Jones 5 Story-Outline

Indy's brother said:
Your credible sausage being "Jedi Master Squirrel"....sounds legit.

...What did happen was an agreement was made wherein an outline would be developed by the end of calendar year 2014,...

Welcome to 2015: So meanwhile they should have at least an outline ?!?

Finn

Staff member
Hanselation said:
Welcome to 2015: So meanwhile they should have at least an outline ?!?
They should, unless that piece of intel was pulled out of some wannabe insider's backside. Which is what I think was implied.

Udvarnoky

The outline could just as easily exist, with Disney's appraisal of it being one of the following:

1) We don't like it, but we fulfilled our side of the bargain. Project cancelled!
2) We like it! Anyway, let's table this and get around to revisiting it right around the time Harrison Ford is a headstone.

Option 2 is naturally the same thing as Option 1 in result.

IndyForever

Lucas gave an interview few days ago about his new animated movie....no Indy questions though the only interesting thing was he planned to direct EP7 then sell to Disney AFTER directing it. Which tells me he was not even working on Indy 5 when he said he was after all :eek: as no way he would do EP7 + Indy 5 around the same time.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2015/01/12/george-lucas-strange-magic-movie/21624493/

Unless someone ask's Lucas about Indy 5 in the next few days while he is doing PR for Strange Magic I doubt he is going to be available to ask as he is quite reclusive from public events recently. I really think he is retired forever so Indy5 with Harrison is only Spielberg/Ford knows whats going on right now (probably nothing whatsoever....again).

IndyForever

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movi...-plans-to-make-but-not-release-two-new-films/
Lucas is working on 2 new films neither are Indy 5 so sounds like he is done forever with the series unless its a smokescreen like he did with Star Wars EP7 where he said no more then suddenly a new trilogy appears :rolleyes:

In these new interview's a clearly bitter Lucas insults most of Hollywood so its hard to imagine him ever working on another Indy now :rolleyes:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/george-lucas-slams-oscars-a-764345
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/georg...emy-has-nothing-to-do-with-artistic-endeavor/

Duaner

IndyForever said:
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movi...-plans-to-make-but-not-release-two-new-films/
Lucas is working on 2 new films neither are Indy 5 so sounds like he is done forever with the series unless its a smokescreen like he did with Star Wars EP7 where he said no more then suddenly a new trilogy appears :rolleyes:

In these new interview's a clearly bitter Lucas insults most of Hollywood so its hard to imagine him ever working on another Indy now :rolleyes:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/george-lucas-slams-oscars-a-764345
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/georg...emy-has-nothing-to-do-with-artistic-endeavor/

I think that when he sold his company to Disney, that meant he was "done forever" with both series. Lucas is not doing the new Star Wars and will have no influence on whether there is a new Indy.

IndyForever

Duaner said:
I think that when he sold his company to Disney, that meant he was "done forever" with both series. Lucas is not doing the new Star Wars and will have no influence on whether there is a new Indy.
Lucas has a strong & annoying indirect influence as Spielberg will only do another with Lucas's storyline or creative involvement he has said this many times & Ford is highly unlikely to make another without both Spielberg + Lucas attached so Lucas even retired or not interested anymore has the fate of a Ford starring Indy 5 in his hands still.....sadly!

AndyLGR

IndyForever said:
Lucas has a strong & annoying indirect influence as Spielberg will only do another with Lucas's storyline or creative involvement he has said this many times & Ford is highly unlikely to make another without both Spielberg + Lucas attached so Lucas even retired or not interested anymore has the fate of a Ford starring Indy 5 in his hands still.....sadly!
Does that still hold true now that Disney own it?

Finn

Staff member
AndyLGR said:
Disney ownership pretty much guarantees that the character will return eventually. Only those who wish to see Ford in it might be in for a disappointment.

Which they might have been even if things had stayed as they were.

Z dweller

Finn said:
Disney ownership pretty much guarantees that the character will return eventually. Only those who wish to see Ford in it might be in for a disappointment.
Yep, that's how I see it too.

AndyLGR

Finn said:
Disney ownership pretty much guarantees that the character will return eventually.
Indy is too iconic not to be rebooted or remade at some point in the future. The question is wether they want to squeeze in another with Harrison.

IndyForever

AndyLGR said:
Spielberg will only be involved with Lucas involvement he has said this many times & Ford is unlikely to play the part without Spielberg & or Lucas involvement...so the infinite wait goes on!

I think its truly over now 2015 & not a single solid piece of evidence to suggest Indy 5 + Ford is ever going to happen. Ford would be 74/5 by the time it released if filmed tomorrow.......

Toht's Arm

Now that there are yet more rumours of another Indy film, perhaps without Ford and most likely without Lucas, does anyone actually know if Disney is required to talk to Spielberg? Does he have right of first refusal? Can they do whatever the hell they want? Any clues?