Dark Horse Omnibus volume 1

Tennessee Smith

I got mine from my local comic shop the day it was released. I am amazed with how bad the art is. Its actually disracting when reading it. Now that Dark Horse is relaunching an ongoing series this summer, I worry the artwork will be just as bad.

indy34

Tennessee Smith said:
I got mine from my local comic shop the day it was released. I am amazed with how bad the art is. Its actually disracting when reading it. Now that Dark Horse is relaunching an ongoing series this summer, I worry the artwork will be just as bad.
i know the picture weren't as good as i was expecting:( but it didn't stop me from enjoying it(y)

xVendetta17x

indy34 said:
I actually would prefer to get the old one because in the omnibus you don't get the really cool front cover art:(
THat is true
The downside is that it cost so much more
They can range from 5-15, a comic depending on the quality and were you're getting it at

indy34

xVendetta17x said:
THat is true
The downside is that it cost so much more
They can range from 5-15, a comic depending on the quality and were you're getting it at
well do what ever you think is best(y)

xVendetta17x

Haha I will
I've been getting most of them via eBay
I have all of Fate of Atlantis and Spear of Destiny
And I have 1-3 of Thunder in the Orient and the first of Iron Pheonix
My favourite thus far has to be Spear of Destiny since it's most like the original trilogy

Snakes

I own the omnibus, the first two FoA issues, the first Spear of Destiny, and both Golden Fleese. Out of all Indy comics I've ever read (Marvel included), I defiantly think the Golden Fleece is the best. The art is by far the best (Indy has stubble; looks like Indy), and the writing is very good as well. I strongly recommend this comic to Indyfans who were dissapointed with other comics.

xVendetta17x

Golden Fleece is one i'm having quite the issue of finding
The artwork of FoA is actually not that bad, though Marcus looks nothing like him
The only problem I have is the lack of stubble on Indy

metalinvader

xVendetta17x said:
Golden Fleece is one i'm having quite the issue of finding
The artwork of FoA is actually not that bad, though Marcus looks nothing like him
The only problem I have is the lack of stubble on Indy

If you think Marcus looked bad in the FoA comic just wait till you see how he was drawn in some of the Marvel stories...

xVendetta17x

I have The Further of Adventures of Kindiana Jones #1 just for novelty sakes
And oh sweet god he's horrible looking
He's also really really mean, threatening to fire Indy in first couple panels

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
You got a copy from a comic book store down here, indy34 or did you order online? Just wondering if I should drop by my local comic store tomorrow when I go to uni.

metalinvader

xVendetta17x said:
I have The Further of Adventures of Kindiana Jones #1 just for novelty sakes
And oh sweet god he's horrible looking
He's also really really mean, threatening to fire Indy in first couple panels

They way they drew him in that one is one of the better renditions in the series..No joke.

BTW,I LOVE the old Marvel series...It's a fun series all around.

indy34

Violet Indy said:
You got a copy from a comic book store down here, indy34 or did you order online? Just wondering if I should drop by my local comic store tomorrow when I go to uni.
i got it online but it turns out the comic shop was in Canberra so i picked it up and they had another copy that wasn't on Ebay so i guess they've made it to Australia(y)

i picked it up for $37.50

Last edited:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
$37.50? Crap, that's expensive. I've really got to save up. I was hoping it was $25. The comic store I go to sells their stuff relatively cheaper than the RRP, so I might be able to save. What's even stranger, they're selling the Disney figures at only $14 a piece. :confused: Oh well. I going to have to be as tight-fisted as ever. Lucky my cosplay was pretty much already in my cupboard so I didn't have to buy new stuff.

yodazone

If anyone needs a copy of the new Omnibus, I got an extra MINT copy! Whoever has a hard time finding one let me know.

I'm real surprised the omnibus didn't include the original covers to the comics but it did include the original Dave Dorman cover painting to the rare "Fate of Atlantis" Trade!

ijatpb.jpg

I'm sure Dark Horse has plans for the original covers especially if they're releasing so many new Indy titles this Summer. They can release them as one of their "Panel 2 Panel" books like they did for the Star Wars, Buffy & Aliens books. The "Panel 2 Panel" series collects best cover artwork in an oversized book.

(y) (y) (y)