Indy V wish list

muttjones

kongisking said:
Title: Indiana Jones and the Fangs of Morvock
MacGuffin: The Fangs of Morvock, a collection of teeth from the corpse of a dragon which, when mixed in a magical potion, will resurrect a real fire-breathing dragon to unleash on the world. The creature cannot be harmed by modern weapons, and will lay waste to the entire planet.
Year: 1959
Returning Characters: (asterisk cameos) Henry Sr. in a flashback.
New Characters: (and/or actors) Actors: Anthony Hopkins (sorceror villain), Megan Fox (sorceror's daughter)
Indy girl: (for whom?) Mutt's girl would be the sorceror's rebellious daughter, who is having second thoughts about her allegiances and has grown a crush on Mutt. She later defects and joins the good guys.
Sidekick: Mutt Williams
Champagne villain: (and motivation) Same as below (sorceror would be a combo of champagne and menacer!)
Menacing villain: (and/or his army) An evil sorceror that wants to use the Fangs to resurrect a living dragon to conquer the Earth
Critters: a swarm of baby sharks
Locations: (in order) ???
Opening: Indy as a kid learning the legend of the Fangs of Morvock
Sets and setpieces: Can't think of sets, put here are setpiece ideas: Another Mutt sword duel, more elaborate and swashbuckling this time; a battle with a Kraken, a one-on-one fight between Indy and a strong foe; a helicopter battle (taking place inside, around, under and behind the chopper), a machine-gun fight; a whip-versus-sword confrontation; and as the grand setpiece a HUGE battle scene inside the Garden of Eden!
Vehicles: Mutt's bobber, ATV (were they around in the late 50's?), jet fighters
Grisly death: The opposite of Donovan: Rapid youth! All the way from adult to teen to toddler to baby to fetus to sperm to POOF! Nothing left!
Finale: a visit to the Underworld.
Last shot: Indy, Mutt ride off into sunset...when Mutt's sillouhet falls over and slips off his horse! LOL!

This just slapdash on-the-spot speculation. Not my final vision of my dream Indy V.

SIK DOG BRO

muttjones

my wish for Indy V is that the bad guy has the intensity and craziness of Mola Ram who is a cult type figure like him but is still part of christian religion.
It could be a crazed vatican high priest who believes that finding the macguffin (the tablet of destiny) will give him the power to punish all non-believers of god by destroying the universe. He believes that

So the american government sends Indy off to stop them along with a young female archaeoligist and Mutt.
This would take the best elements from all the indy films and put them together with his biggest adventure yet.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Not bad. I believe the champagne villain is born of necessity once you've settled on a MacGuffin. His conversations with Indy are where you dump all your research into what the MacGuffin does or might do and what it represents. Then your good and evil teams each have their reasons to chase it.

This competition founded on familiar desires makes the supernatural elements more digestible to skeptical viewers.
Example: "The grail makes daisies sprout from one's head."
"You're insane. And I won't let you possess that kind of power!"

Indy~Annie

probably my Indy % wish list at this moment is they do make Mutt afraid of girls that would be great.:D he he

and i cant remember who made that up on here in the raven.:(

DetectiveFork

Has Ford, Spielberg or Lucas said anything lately about Indy V becoming a reality? I know they all said it was a possibility back during the premiere of Indy IV, but I haven't heard or read anything since then. Now that the movie has been successful, I'm anxious to get an update.

foreignerfred

DetectiveFork said:
Has Ford, Spielberg or Lucas said anything lately about Indy V becoming a reality? I know they all said it was a possibility back during the premiere of Indy IV, but I haven't heard or read anything since then. Now that the movie has been successful, I'm anxious to get an update.

Ditto that.

muttjones

Indy~Annie said:
probably my Indy % wish list at this moment is they do make Mutt afraid of girls that would be great.:D he he

and i cant remember who made that up on here in the raven.:(

i did.

then there could be funny awkward moments with mutt, the girl and indy.

ps: and im not lying. i think i said it in this thread and others.

tastethecourage

Title: Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Hope Diamond
MacGuffin: The Hope Diamond (This is rooted in fact - "The legend is said to begin with a theft. Several centuries ago, a man named Tavernier made a trip to India. While there, he stole a large blue diamond from the forehead (or eye) of a statue of the Hindu goddess Sita. For this transgression, according to the legend, Tavernier was torn apart by wild dogs on a trip to Russia (after he had sold the diamond. This was the first horrible death attributed to the curse.)")
Year:1958
Returning Characters: (asterisk cameos) Mutt Jones, Marion Ravenwood*
New Characters: (and/or actors) Gavin Haj (Closest thing to a new sidekick - offers Indy lots of lore behind the cursed Diamond (which was stolen on its route to the Smithsonian in 1958, but more on that later.)
Indy girl: (for whom?) Mutt meets an Indian beauty named Daya (Mutt and Indy travel to India to investigate)
Sidekick: Mutt Jones and partially Gavin(We don't need 4-5 sidekicks this time around)
Champagne villain: (and motivation) N/A
Menacing villain: (and/or his army) Taran Opek - a self proclaimed "Chaos Agent", and "Sent from the depths below to acquire the anti-diamond, a diamond imbued with a power devastate men's lives". The guy is a real nut job, not far off from Mola Ram, but he is much less a comic-book villain and is capable and smart. He is in cahoots with the Chinese government, sort of an "arms dealer" in a way - but not so much in the form of "guns." And he's got a bunch of Chinese mercenaries to support his cause. Views the cursed diamonds as a "gift from the Gods."
Critters: We've seen it all.... except for piranhas. And I want a nice gross-out **** roach scene... we all hate **** roaches.
Locations: (in order) 1) Opens in Alaska (snowy mountains) where Indy is just winding down.... on VACATION! He with his family when he is ambushed, leading up for a great set-piece outside of the two-story log cabin he resides in. (Hint: it involves henchmen tumblings off of the roof and Indy hanging on with his whip.) 2) Washington, DC - Indy is informed by Smithsonian brass that the Cursed Hope Diamond was stolen - they will put up a fake one in their display as it was a popular and planned attraction - but they need Indy to find it, and quick. Indy is informed of the legend and why it must be kept out of the wrong hands.) 3) Mutt & Indy travel to India where they meet up with Gavin and Mutt meets Daya. 4) Southern China - Indy has a lead on where the diamond may have been taken to - and Taran knows this. This is where Taran and Indy first meet face to face (and a spectacular set piece in a forest). Indiana receives the Diamond - but it *IS* cursed, and Mutt is taken captive and held for ransom as Taran flees. 5) Eastern India - Indy's harrowing escape from China leads him back to India. This is where Indy encounters killer paranhas along the way to where he and Taran will face off for the finale outside of a flooded ancient temple.
Opening: Already covered up there.
Sets and setpieces: The China set-piece will, oddly enough, put Indy and Mutt on horseback against Taran & some sort of Chinese samurai. It sounds silly, but it can be grounded and serious. Mutt *will* receive some sword play - but not before he is taken and captured by Taran. The biggest cliff-hanger? Indy, seconds away from being be-headed by three samurai (a tri-beheading!), narrowly saved by Mutt before he is captured. And the final set-piece, back in India, which I am still working on (more info later if you guys like my ideas)
Vehicles: Horses, Jeep, Plane, Van, Boat
Grisly death: Taran (of course) - death by vicious fish attack as the once-flooded Temple (which was un-flooded during the adventure) is once again taken in by water, swallowing back up the Diamond, disintegrating it.
Finale: ^^^ See above.
Last shot: TBD. Involves Indy & Mutt for sure, not sure on Marion.

My goal for this Indy film would be a much more grounded Indy film - more believable. And I would really play up the Mutt taken captive (Gavin joins Indy as his sidekick at this point.) I want this film to have emotional weight.

And I want Taran to be villanous and taunting. As in, when he captures Mutt and realized Indy has the diamond - he knows he can go wherever he needs the diamond brought and Indy will follow. Plus, the diamond *is* cursed. On Indy's own trail, he may meet his demise. Indy cannot destroy the diamond or throw it away, and cannot return it to America. He can only follow the trail of his son, because the diamond is his only hope, however "cursed" it may be.

Last edited:

clorrificus

i would just like to see indy go up against an adversary that his equivalent in resourcefulness and strength. someone who is like an evil indy. similar to belloq but not as "french"

DetectiveFork

clorrificus said:
i would just like to see indy go up against an adversary that his equivalent in resourcefulness and strength. someone who is like an evil indy. similar to belloq but not as "french"

Like perhaps his brother, played by Kevin Costner?

Jonesy9906753

Title:Indiana Jones And The Of Palace of Minos

MacGuffin:Gold of king minos

Year:1962,Beginning of Vietnam War

Returning Characters:Indy,Sallah,Marion,Mutt,Ox,Jock

New Characters:the villiain,menacing villain,man wong with museum,other people

Indy girl:girl for pre-army mutt? Marion for Indy

Sidekick:Sallah

Champagne villain:Some sort of Competetive American Archeologist to Indy?

Menacing villain:Man that likes to use surgery tools on his victims,he will be the reason old indy has eyepatch in young indy series

Critters:Snakes,Bugs,Saltwater crocodile

Locations:Arizona(Indy),Barnett College(Indy),Indy's Home,Marine Corps
Recruit Depot Parris Island(Mutt),Egypt(Indy and Sallah),Vietnam (Mutt),Knossos,Greece(Indy and Sallah)

Opening:Indy in a car chase with competetor towards a mountain range in Arizona looking for a Native American Artifact.

Sets and setpieces:Elstree Studios,Arizona Desert,Marine training Base?,Cambodia(used as jungles of vietnam),Pasadena(Indy's Home),

Grisly death:Indy kills menacing villain,champagne villain killed by minatar that guards treasure

Finale:Greed gets the best of villain and he gets killed for it,and indy gets gold for museum of antiquities say,Mutt comes back home after being wounded,Indy and co.visit Mutt in hospital

Last shot:Indy and co. leave,Mutt's love interest comes to see him,mutt gives her same charm that his old man has and they kiss into the credits

passing torch not needed
no ford,no indy

made a couple of mistakes ^

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Besides the usual struggle between good and evil, there has to be some conflict between the main characters. If Indy 5 comes after KotCS, it should probably involve some unfinished business. If the conflict entertwines thematically with the story, all the better. The character most unfinished is Mutt (unless Indy, like his father, has his own undisclosed lifelong quest). As in the Back to the Future sequels, the older generation was set right, but would the younger continue to deviate? Surely Indy would not prefer his own become a daredevil or playboy or both. At the same time, they have to get on a plane and go somewhere.

Anyway, here's my approach.

Zoetrope

There's a new article at Times Online about George Lucas, and he also speaks about another Indy movie.

Quote: Lucas is also considering what to do about the fifth instalment in the Indiana Jones franchise, which he has produced from the outset. The most recent film, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, has taken almost $750m (£375m) at the international box office, and the whip-snapping archeologist remains in high demand, even though his own days as a whippersnapper are behind him (Harrison Ford is two years older than Lucas).

?We were hoping for box-office figures like that, which is, ultimately, with inflation, what the others have done, within 10%,? Lucas explains. ?So, we squeaked up there. Really, though, it was a challenge getting the story together and getting everybody to agree on it. Indiana Jones only becomes complicated when you have another two people saying ?I want it this way? and ?I want it that way?, whereas, when I first did Jones, I just said, ?We?ll do it this way? ? and that was much easier. But now I have to accommodate everybody, because they are all big, successful guys, too, so it?s a little hard on a practical level.

?If I can come up with another idea that they like, we?ll do another. Really, with the last one, Steven wasn?t that enthusiastic. I was trying to persuade him. But now Steve is more amenable to doing another one. Yet we still have the issues about the direction we?d like to take. I?m in the future; Steven?s in the past. He?s trying to drag it back to the way they were, I?m trying to push it to a whole different place. So, still we have a sort of tension. This recent one came out of that. It?s kind of a hybrid of our own two ideas, so we?ll see where we are able to take the next one.?

http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle4386319.ece

Kingsley

Great quote!
And it clarifies why Kotcs ended being the way it ended being.
Having a glimpse of Lucas 'future' I am hoping for much more Spielbergs 'past' in Indy V!!

EddyW

Every time I read about George Lucas telling how part 4 came together I can't help but be amazad about how arrogant he seems to be about it all.
"He?s trying to drag it back to the way they were, I?m trying to push it to a whole different place." He really has no clue at all, has he? What a donkey.

muttjones

WillKill4Food said:
TAblet of Destiny is too close to Spear of Destiny. :rolleyes:

no but the tablet of destiny has the power to control the universe while the spear of destiny is just a holy grail type artefact

finding the tablet of destiny could be Indy's biggest adventure yet!

The Man

EddyW said:
Every time I read about George Lucas telling how part 4 came together I can't help but be amazad about how arrogant he seems to be about it all.
"He?s trying to drag it back to the way they were, I?m trying to push it to a whole different place." He really has no clue at all, has he? What a donkey.

It's that fundamental misunderstanding of HIS OWN CREATION that sank Indy 4. Oh, how I wish he could somehow be frozen out of any eventual Indy V. Give Spielberg carte blanche, bring in Larry Kazdan and tuck George into his cot for the duration of the shoot. 'Inter-dimensional beings', indeed...

deckard24

Zoetrope said:
There's a new article at Times Online about George Lucas, and he also speaks about another Indy movie.

Quote: Lucas is also considering what to do about the fifth instalment in the Indiana Jones franchise, which he has produced from the outset. The most recent film, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, has taken almost $750m (£375m) at the international box office, and the whip-snapping archeologist remains in high demand, even though his own days as a whippersnapper are behind him (Harrison Ford is two years older than Lucas).

“We were hoping for box-office figures like that, which is, ultimately, with inflation, what the others have done, within 10%,” Lucas explains. “So, we squeaked up there. Really, though, it was a challenge getting the story together and getting everybody to agree on it. Indiana Jones only becomes complicated when you have another two people saying ‘I want it this way’ and ‘I want it that way’, whereas, when I first did Jones, I just said, ‘We’ll do it this way’ — and that was much easier. But now I have to accommodate everybody, because they are all big, successful guys, too, so it’s a little hard on a practical level.

“If I can come up with another idea that they like, we’ll do another. Really, with the last one, Steven wasn’t that enthusiastic. I was trying to persuade him. But now Steve is more amenable to doing another one. Yet we still have the issues about the direction we’d like to take. I’m in the future; Steven’s in the past. He’s trying to drag it back to the way they were, I’m trying to push it to a whole different place. So, still we have a sort of tension. This recent one came out of that. It’s kind of a hybrid of our own two ideas, so we’ll see where we are able to take the next one.”

http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle4386319.ece
Wow this article just says it all! "Steven wasn't that enthusiastic", yeah that showed!!

Come on Lucas, nobody wants to see some radical departure for Indiana Jones! Spielberg had it right with looking back to the past films!