Sideshow KOTCS Indy Premium Format Figure!

UIMJ

I'm sure it'll be a great sculpt, but I just don't like the Sideshow body. If the Sideshow Exclusive Indy is any indication it's joints are a bit flimsy and sort of awkward in comparison to both the Hasbro and Medicom pieces.

Still, I'm glad to see more Indy stuff coming...

UIMJ

tnswman said:
Oh good lord...I am all over that!!! Maybe even two so I can have one in my office too.

Well, if anything it'll probably be in tighter scale to the original Sideshow Indy versus the Medicom stuff which are slightly thinner or... less substantial maybe?

RaidersoftheArk

IND it's a premium format, a special statue. I want to see more,the pose looks wichked but i'd rather had a temple statue or last crusade

tnswman

UIMJ said:
Well, if anything it'll probably be in tighter scale to the original Sideshow Indy versus the Medicom stuff which are slightly thinner or... less substantial maybe?

? These things are not Figures per-say...They are pre-posed.

The KOTCS Medicom figure is the PERFFECT 12" figure..Sure it is on a skinny body but WHO CARES!! The face sculpt and accessories are wonderful!!

UIMJ

tnswman said:
? These things are not Figures per-say...They are pre-posed.

The KOTCS Medicom figure is the PERFFECT 12" figure..Sure it is on a skinny body but WHO CARES!! The face sculpt and accessories are wonderful!!

OOHhhhh... lmao! I only glanced the image and thought that it was a premium formate figure - didn't realize it was a statue! HA! (y)

7193_600x400.jpg

Rhys135

A nice suprise. I like the pose, but I'm not too sure on the face yet. It'll probably look better in newer screen's.

xxIndyxVogelxx

The figure looks a bit older than how Indy looks in KOTCS.... I have the figure of Indy that's supposed to resemble him from the first three movies, and I personally think that he looks better in that figure than the KOTCS one. Does this figure come with any artifacts?

tnswman

WTF??? That is NOT Harrison Ford!! SIDESHOW!! LOOK TO THE MEDICOM SCULPTERS!! Their Indy figures look EXACTLY like Harrison. I swear, I am soo sick of sideshow RUINING good ideas with bad sculpts or like with the 12" Indy figure Bad Painting!!

It's a JOKE!! Medicom has it down!!

mfisher

It isn't the sculpt... it is the paint app... look at the same thing unpainted... if you don't think THAT is Harrison... well.. we all know you're full of hot air anyway...

3410506308_1fe17c81ed_o-1.jpg

tnswman

mfisher said:
It isn't the sculpt... it is the paint app... look at the same thing unpainted... if you don't think THAT is Harrison... well.. we all know you're full of hot air anyway...

3410506308_1fe17c81ed_o-1.jpg

Yeap..just like the 12" figure..the painting screwed it up...Yes..But my Hot air is dependable and straight forward instead of other's hot air which blows around like a fart...Denny Crain!

mfisher

you are contradicting yourself all over the place... first you say that sideshow's sculpts are bad.. see here :

I am soo sick of sideshow RUINING good ideas with bad sculpts

But then we I post the unpainted sculpt you agree that the sculpt is good and now it is just a bad paint app... see here :

just like the 12" figure..the painting screwed it up..

Which proves my contention that you are, in fact, full of hot air... ( which obviously is not straight forward and dependable considering you just just changed your absolute assertion regarding these sculpts like the breeze... :rolleyes:

mfisher

Just some more evidence of your blatant contradictions...

In regards to sculpts and painting you state:

It's a JOKE!! Medicom has it down!!

Then in your own thread about the Medicom KOTCS skull Indy.. where everyone pretty much says, good sculpt but factory paint is not all that great... ( especially the fact that your Indy is COCKEYED :p )
You respond to another member that states the paint app is bad and you agree with him by saying :

I am PERFECTLY happy with this figure but I see what you mean

Then the obvious point that his hair is not grey and the paint app lacks stubble, you say :

I would LOVE for his hair to be greyer and I may actually buy a second one and drybrush the hair to match Harrison. The face is so spot on that it truly just needs the hair color to make it near perfect. yea, stubble would be nice.

so much for "dependable" hot air (n)

The truth is.. it is rare to find factory applied paint apps that really bring out the good work the sculptors are doing.. Hot Toys is one of the few companies that put out really nice factory paint jobs..I still wish they had landed the Indy license... but the price tag would have hurt... regardless.. nothing will ever look as good as custom work right out of the box... put that sideshow PF sculpt in the hands of a talented painter and I guarantee you guys will be picking your jaws off the floor.. sideshow's Indy sculptor has some serious talent.. ( as does the Medicom sculptor )..