TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Films
User Name
Password

Old 02-24-2004, 09:40 PM   #1
00Kevin
Indyfan

Thumbs up

Okay, it's not really a movie, it's a TV show, but each season takes place in a day (each episode=1 hour) and so it's like 1 BIG adventure every year...just like a film, only better then most films we get nowadays

fans of noir, anti-terrorism, action, suspense and slightly violent films will love it!

the Show revolves around the character of Jack Bauer, a former US army elite, now working for a counter terroism Unit in LA. In season 1, he saved himself, a presidential candidate and his family from an enemy of one of his former missions, but his wife was killed by a mole in his office (CTU). season 2 he had to stop a nuclear attack and then go against the rest of the government to prevent a war...All in a days work, literally. now it's season 3, just another day at the office, now he faces a huge chemical terrorist threat, one of his co workers may already be dead...but if anyone can save the day, it's James Bond........or Jack Bauer

the series has great suspence and actions, amasing twists and turns with moles and main characters dieing off left and right. plus a little romance, intrique, great plots.....alot of elements from films....but mostly it'd a noir/action/drama/suspense.

I can say, you guys will love this show! the series is taking a month long break and be back march 30th

anyways....anyone here watch 24? Tonight's Ep was the best in a year!
00Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 12:13 PM   #2
Canyon
IndyFan

Location: Originally from the UK but now living in Pennsylvania, USA!!!
Having just recently discovered 24, I have to say, I find the show both interesting and gripping.

They have just started showing season 3 on Sky in the UK and I would like to get hold of the first two seasons at some stage.
Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 02:03 PM   #3
Aaron H
Moderator Emeritus

I hear that a movie may be in the works, but unless they want to make a 24 long movie I don't see how it can work.

I liked season 2 a lot, but I haven't had a chance to catch season 3.
Aaron H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 02:09 PM   #4
00Kevin
Indyfan

movie: yeah, I've heard it, but it's either a 2 hours movie spread over 24 hours or a 2 hour movie in real time...which arn't 24 at all. I don't think a movie would really work unless they changed the formula, so I'm not in favor of it really.

the first 2 seasons were AWESOME! I love this show.....but the 3rd season started out kinda weak, but the past few eps have been amoung the best in the series
Old 02-25-2004, 04:32 PM   #5
Kate
IndyFan

Location: The Wild, Wild West (though there are places I'd rather be and a certain place I left my heart)
I have never seen this show, but I ahve heard that it's great. Can anyone tell me what channel it's on and at what time?
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 09:01 PM   #6
Strider
IndyFan

Arrow

I know it's on Fox, I don't know the time though. I've never whached 24 but I two have heard it's good.
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 04:04 PM   #7
00Kevin
Indyfan

Strider...the word is too

It's on Fox at 9:00 PM tuesdays.....as I said, the next episode is march 30th
Old 02-27-2004, 01:28 PM   #8
Kate
IndyFan

Location: The Wild, Wild West (though there are places I'd rather be and a certain place I left my heart)
Thankyou! I'm glad it's on Tuesdays because if it was on Thursdays, I wouldn't be able to watch it? Why? "ER!" I watch it every week without fail. Anyone else here like it?
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 02:06 PM   #9
Finn

24... a.k.a. how did I stop worrying about traffic in Los Angeles and find out that I can make my way from the other end of the city to another in less than quarter an hour.

Not a bad show.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 02:11 PM   #10
Pale Horse

Bwahahahaha, Don't I know it!
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote