Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods !!!

DIrishB

Sweet! Can't wait for next Wednesday. I'll definitely be reading through all four issues of this amazing series, then I'll follow it up with some Lost. Ah, good times!

DIrishB

Rob Williams said:
Definitely out next Wednesday, guys. Got my copy through yesterday so it exists.

Also, if you'll forgive the blatant pluggery, my first comic series, Cla$$war, is finally coming out in hardcover trade paperback, and a very pretty package it is too.

If you liked Tomb Of The Gods, you might want to check it out.

http://www.robwilliamscomics.co.uk/

http://comxcomics.blogspot.com/

From your amazing work on Tomb of the Gods, I'm sold on Cla$$war.

Please, do everything in your power to write more Indy...TotG was easily the best Indy tale since Last Crusade. You, sir, are the man.

Thanks Rob

for that amazing run on Indy. I can't wait for issue 4. Any plans for future adventures with Dr. Jones?

I have to say, you're probably the first to make me feel like I was reading an Indy story that was equivalent to one of the movies. I have all of the U.S. Indy comics (Marvel run, all of the previous DH runs). They had some amazing stories, but I was always disappointed in the pacing. The stories seemed a bit drawn out over the (mostly) six issue mini-series format. TotG with its 4 issue arc, was paced perfectly. The only complaint was the wait between issues, but if it was to maintain the quality of the story, I guess I can't be too upset, right?

Thanks again.

yodazone

Tomorrow's the day!!!

Issue #4 of the first completed Indiana Jones mini-series since the release of "Sargasso Pirates" in 1996!

http://previewsworld.com/public/default.asp?t=2&m=1&c=6&s=428

I'll be celebrating with re-reading the first 3 issues and the cool "Indiana Jones Adventures" Vol. 1. :D

:whip: :gun: (y)

(Hope there's a mention of the next "Indy" series in the "last page/letter columns" section of this issue....will post here if I see anything)

DIrishB

LawgSkrak said:
Well it's about freaking time.

Longest miniseries EVAH!

Pfffttt. Not at all. Ever read anything by Mark Millar? Heck, Damon Linelof's Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine had like a 3 year delay between issues.

JimmyPSHayes

DIrishB said:
Pfffttt. Not at all. Ever read anything by Mark Millar? Heck, Damon Linelof's Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine had like a 3 year delay between issues.
I think the current record holder is Kevin Smith's Daredevil:The Target :D

indyclone25

just got done reading the last issue --- pretty good --- it kinda ended to quickly --- art was ok --- kinda reminded me of howard chaykin , indy didnt look like harrison at all , all in all out of four stars i would give it 3 stars.

Nurhachi1991

I just finished it now ending was kinda meh. Actually the whole series was kinda meh. Hopefull the next Indy comic series will be better.

yodazone

Just picked up my copy but haven't read it yet.

I jumped to the last pages to see if there was a "Next Series" blurb or a letter column and there was........NOTHING! Nein Nein Nein!!!!!!! :mad:

Just a "The End" at the last panel. (n)

I'm giving the whole series a read tonight. Bart Sears' artwork looks nice. :whip:

DocWhiskey

Just finished reading it. It was okay. I think it needed another issue or two just to flesh out the characters. The villain was so stock and boring. And the Indy gal was just blah. Nothing sticks out about any of them. The 'lil blade dew hickey that popped out of the villain's sleeve was cool.

A pretty bland story arc all around.

SPOILER
The whole arc hypes up about what this keys unlocks and makes it sound so epic and important and when we're finally introduced to the idea...well..the writer didn't seem to have an idea what it was either. "Oh, it so evil! It's the beginning of the end!" Everyone died to protect it's secrets. And Indy just throws a lil bag of dynamite into the portal thing and that's it?

Lame.

END SPOILER

DocWhiskey

To confuse the hell out of the reader and say "Wait...that's it?"

People are not thankful enough for KOTCS. It may have had some corny parts here and there and a few underdeveloped characters but it grabbed your attention and had a cohesive story.

There could've been worse.

MUCH worse.

Snakes

Hey, I dunno about you fellas, I really loved this miniseries. (except for the delays) I thought this was quite possibly the best Indy comic ever put on paper. (I haven't read all the marvel issues though, so I guess I could be wrong on that one) It was the only one that really seemed to nail every aspect of the films. Aint perfect but hell, what is? (besides Raiders) Great work to everyone who worked on it. (although I think Rob Williams is the only one who's on this forum)

James

DocWhiskey said:
People are not thankful enough for KOTCS. It may have had some corny parts here and there and a few underdeveloped characters but it grabbed your attention and had a cohesive story.

I was thinking the same thing. If nothing else, at least Lucas and Spielberg never skimp on the MacGuffin's payoff. After revisiting the comics over the past year or so, I was surprised at how many of them were so thin and anticlimactic.

KIND'VE A SPOILER BUT NOT REALLY

Tomb's finale actually reminded me of some of the 'suggestions' for how KOTCS should've ended. For example, don't really show anything, but just have Indy kind've realize that there could have been something there...etc.

BUT YOU WERE WARNED ANYWAY

Now, having said all of that, I did like the big door. :whip:

YouNeverKnow

The run could have ended on a higher note but, oh well. Still love it all. I agree there should have been some kinda evil force/creature/power/god payoff at the end. But Indy was still Indy to me, I thought his character was spot on. I'll read all 4 sometime over the weekend.

DIrishB

Nurhachi1991 said:
I just finished it now ending was kinda meh. Actually the whole series was kinda meh. Hopefull the next Indy comic series will be better.

I haven't read the last issue yet (have had to work late the past two days so couldn't make it to the shop before it closed), but on the basis of the first three issues alone, this story is golden. I hope the last issue isn't that bad!

Rob Williams

"I agree there should have been some kinda evil force/creature/power/god payoff at the end."

Well, when Von Hassell is pushed into the tunnel at the end by Indy, you can just see something starting to come around the corner at the bottom. A shame that wasn't a little clearer on the page.