Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods !!!

Tennessee Smith

This really is rediculous. I guess the real question is wether or not they'll even do any more stories after this one. I mean with all the delays and last of a descent promotion it looks like they'll probably shelve Indy after this is finished.

JimmyPSHayes

Tennessee Smith said:
I mean with all the delays and last of a descent promotion it looks like they'll probably shelve Indy after this is finished.
THAT would be a crime!!! We should get an organized letter campaign to Dark Horse going or something.

yodazone

Dark Horse finally posted the Tony Harris cover to issue #3 with final logos & titles!

indy3gm6.jpg

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/15-503/Indiana-Jones-and-the-Tomb-of-the-Gods-3

bender_dance2_animate.gif

(y) (y) (y)

DIrishB

Tennessee Smith said:
This really is rediculous. I guess the real question is wether or not they'll even do any more stories after this one. I mean with all the delays and last of a descent promotion it looks like they'll probably shelve Indy after this is finished.

Just the opposite, actually. Dark Horse is releasing at least 3 more Omnibus volumes (collecting the Further Adventures comic series and the film adaptations), and at least another volume in the Indiana Jones Adventures series. It seems they're keeping the Indy stories coming out on a regular basis, probably as a cross promotion type thing for when the Staff of Kings videogame is released late next year. I'm sure around that time you'll see A LOT of related Indy comics, novels, etc.

Keep your eyes peeled, 2009 will be a big year for Indy releases, including new comics.

The Magic Rat

DIrishB said:
Just the opposite, actually. Dark Horse is releasing at least 3 more Omnibus volumes (collecting the Further Adventures comic series and the film adaptations), and at least another volume in the Indiana Jones Adventures series. It seems they're keeping the Indy stories coming out on a regular basis, probably as a cross promotion type thing for when the Staff of Kings videogame is released late next year. I'm sure around that time you'll see A LOT of related Indy comics, novels, etc.

Keep your eyes peeled, 2009 will be a big year for Indy releases, including new comics.

You, sir, had better be right! But the way everything is shaping out, yeah, I think 2009 could be a very, very good year...:D

DIrishB

The Magic Rat said:
You, sir, had better be right!

I'll be right about it concerning next year. After that, the jury's still out. But Crystal Skull was a major financial success, and if Staff of Kings does half as well, the Indy franchise/related merchandise should hold strong for at least another couple years.

But the way everything is shaping out, yeah, I think 2009 could be a very, very good year...:D

Agreed.

Dr.Sartorius

I look forward to all the new releases next year.

But back to Tomb of the Gods...I can't even remember what the story was, its been so long. I'm going to have to go back and read the first two issues when the third one FINALLY is released. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lambonius

The Magic Rat said:
You, sir, had better be right! But the way everything is shaping out, yeah, I think 2009 could be a very, very good year...:D

...Unless you're collecting the Hasbro lines...;) But you never know, miracles can happen...

JimmyPSHayes

OK, I'm a comic retailer, so I'm biased, but I REALLY hope that some of you comic fans are going to give Indy comics to some people for Christmas. It makes sales go up and THAT'S what will make Dark Horse notice!!!
-I'm giving a couple people the Indy Omnibuses and issues 1-3 of Tomb of the Gods along with the DVD and some toys. I hope some of you will pick up some Indy stuff to give for Christmas.

indyclone25

JimmyPSHayes said:
OK, I'm a comic retailer, so I'm biased, but I REALLY hope that some of you comic fans are going to give Indy comics to some people for Christmas. It makes sales go up and THAT'S what will make Dark Horse notice!!!
-I'm giving a couple people the Indy Omnibuses and issues 1-3 of Tomb of the Gods along with the DVD and some toys. I hope some of you will pick up some Indy stuff to give for Christmas.

i know im giving at least the first three issues of tomb of the gods to a friend of mine as a gift for xmas along with the complete soundtracks

YouNeverKnow

DIrishB said:
This is really starting to get ridiculous. Each week, they're delayed another week?

I'm inclined to agree. I don't like to discredit hard-working artists here, but the art isn't really THAT great. We have the Star Wars series, which manage to put out quality issues in a timely manner every month, and yet it is taking forever to freaking get this issue out. I don't know what they are doing that ties up this process, but someone over at DH needs to get stricter with deadlines. This is getting really frustrating.

yodazone

yea, Dark Horse has been seriously slacking on the whole "Indy-Line" this year. It's November and there's only been 2 new issues released and 1 "Adventures" book.

They've been promoting "Hellboy" alot more with loads of books and spin-offs but their "Indy" line is hardly getting anything.

(n)

Dr.Sartorius

We need to start sending complaints to Dark Horse. We love and appreciate the new Indy series but the delays are killing the fun.

JimmyPSHayes

Dr.Sartorius said:
We need to start sending complaints to Dark Horse. We love and appreciate the new Indy series but the delays are killing the fun.
That's right! But remember, we shouldn't YELL at Dark Horse, because then they think we're a bunch of pissed off crazy fans and they won't pay attention. If you write, write politely, but let them know that you ARE very frustrated with the delays.

YouNeverKnow

Not to mention letting them know that the delays are going to completely ruin the chance of more casual readers keeping up interest, and thus sales would go down, I'm sure. Appeal to their pocketbooks, people!

yodazone

JimmyPSHayes said:
That's right! But remember, we shouldn't YELL at Dark Horse, because then they think we're a bunch of pissed off crazy fans and they won't pay attention. If you write, write politely, but let them know that you ARE very frustrated with the delays.

Yes, totally!

And also post "Indy-centric" threads here on the Dark Horse forums where the editors and creative teams on the "Indy" books will usually give updates on the books:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Help/Boards/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=595fd9e768dc5a63cdf90183576a8be3

The Dark Horse forums needs more vocal Indy fans from the Raven here...(y) (y)(y)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
yodazone said:
Tomb of Gods into one collected trade paperback!
February 18, hopefully. I know it doesn't help sales to wait for it, sorry, but that's what I'm doin'.

Edit: That's 3 days after Further Adventures Omnibus 1!

Last edited: