A Question about Temple Of Doom...

In the beginning of the movie, when Indy and the gang are all on the plane, where did they get their change of clothes? I'm probably just nitpicking, but this has kinda been bigging me.

bob

Well i suppose Shorty could have had it.

But seriously ToD's opening is a warren of plot holes (i.e. why did Willy go with them?)

monkey

Bob is quite right. If one were to use gastronomic references, then the opening of TOD is truly a fine, aged, Swiss cheese.

Indy1936

The third seat on the plane was reserved for Lo Han, the waiter. Willie only goes wit them because Indy drags her along to get the antidote. Shorty has the bag with Indy's gear, either that or Weber, the individual who booked the flight (played by Dan Aykroyd), took the liberty of having Indy's bag placed on the plane to eliminate having to stop and get it. Willie only stays with Indy because Lao Che would most definately have "ended" her usefullness at his club.

MP3

Indy1936 said:
The third seat on the plane was reserved for Lo Han, the waiter. Willie only goes wit them because Indy drags her along to get the antidote. Shorty has the bag with Indy's gear, either that or Weber, the individual who booked the flight (played by Dan Aykroyd), took the liberty of having Indy's bag placed on the plane to eliminate having to stop and get it. Willie only stays with Indy because Lao Che would most definately have "ended" her usefullness at his club.

You've got some very good points there. Not to be too nitpickety, though, but the "waiter"'s name is Wu Han, not Lo Han. ;)

Oh, and by the way...
Welcome to the Raven, Where Paths Cross (©2003 00Kevin)
Welcome to The Raven, Where Threads Grow Like The Pueraria Lobata (©2004 MP3)

bob said:
Well i suppose Shorty could have had it.

But seriously ToD's opening is a warren of plot holes (i.e. why did Willy go with them?)

Lao flat out declares that Indy can keep Willie...he'll get another...:dead:

Little Indy

Indy's gear was in the bag that Shorty was carrying. Once Indy changed he gave his pants and jacket to Willie who then changed into them. She actually carries her dress from Paris through much of the movie.

Lance Quazar

Shorty is indeed carrying their gear and Indy's change of clothes.

Indy also has a tweed jacket and bow tie in his bag, since he wears that at the Pankot Palace dinner - but not, apparently, an extra shirt or pants since those are his traditional adventuring duds.

He gives Willie his tux, which she wears from the plane ride through their arrival at the palace.

Indy often barks at Shorty to "get our stuff" and later admonishes him for, apparently, misplacing his razor, which is why he doesn't shave for the big dinner (and remains appropriately scruffy through the rest of the film.)

And, as others have said, Willie goes with him to get away from Lao, who probably would have her killed.

Little Indy

Lance Quazar said:
Indy often barks at Shorty to "get our stuff" and later admonishes him for, apparently, misplacing his razor, which is why he doesn't shave for the big dinner (and remains appropriately scruffy through the rest of the film.)

I always imagined Shorty lost it in a card game or something.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Lance Quazar said:
Indy also has a tweed jacket and bow tie in his bag, since he wears that at the Pankot Palace dinner - but not, apparently, an extra shirt or pants since those are his traditional adventuring duds.
[Emphasis mine.]

Hmm, you're right; I'd never realized that he wasn't wearing a full suit in those scenes.

DocWhiskey

He also had no time to prepare for this adventure. He was approached by someone in every film that basically gave him his "mission" except in ToD. The end of one adventure (Club Obi Wan) lead straight into another one(India) without ever slowing down. ToD has a crazy pace. I still love it to death though.

arkfinder

Ok, hold on a moment.

1. Willie went with them because of the scuffle that broke out. She may have thought that Indy was her best bet to make it out alive.

2. Indy was on a mission. That said he would have had a suitcase with him for a change of clothes.