Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

DIrishB

Its nice to see as more info is released concerning the game, more and more people seem to be accepting what they see with a positive attitude...a nice change from a few weeks or months ago when almost everyone was convinced this game would suck. :rolleyes:

Granted, it still may, but look at the vids/screen shots! I don't doubt this will rank almost as good a game as Fate of Atlantis.

Morning Bell

If it's even half as good as ET then I'll be happy. I enjoyed that one quite a bit and I liked IM, although I never got very far in it. I really need to dig it out and try again one of these days.

Dewy9

blueseattle said:
Does anyone know if the PS2 port will work on PS3s?

Depends on your PS3. Some of the earlier versions have it, the ones out now don't (to my knowledge). Just Google PS3 backwards compatibility and your hard drive size and you should find what you're looking for.

Insomniac

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="545" height="327" id="viddler_21193696"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/simple/21193696/" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/simple/21193696/" width="545" height="327" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" name="viddler_21193696"></embed></object>

I'm having problems trying to watch this video.

It's all jittery!

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings Interview

By Wesley Yin-Poole

LucasArts has kept much of its latest Indiana Jones adventure, The Staff of Kings, shrouded in mystery, but at a recent press event in London it took the shackles off and allowed us some much-needed hands-on with the Wii version. Not only that, but LucasArts' voice director David Collins was on hand to give us even more details on the whip-cracking adventure.

VideoGamer.com: The game is being developed by A2M. Who came up with the story?

Advertisement
David Collins: LucasArts came up with the story a few years ago. It was a collaboration between several people. There were some key producers and team members at LucasArts, including vice president at the time Peter Hirschmann, and what they would do is meet in strike teams and come up with that story, and then they would take it to George (Lucas). He's the master storyteller. So getting his input, he just has this insight that nobody else has, obviously it's his universe. We pushed hard to make new characters, new adversaries for Indiana Jones, new friends of his that you're introduced to, like Maggie O'Mally, the love interest, she's a photojournalist from Ireland. Archie and Susie Tan, who are Chinese from San Francisco, they help you out. An old professor of yours, an archaeology professor named Kingston has gone on looking for this (Staff of Moses) before you have and so you are looking for him as well. Then you see Magnus Moeller, who used to be a student with you, and now of course is working for the other side. We're very careful about when we set it. We're set in 1939, a year after Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, so it's right in that historical backdrop. Basically we had that story outlined, we had all that ready to go, then A2M started to build the game.

VideoGamer.com: Is meeting George Lucas to get story approval an incredibly nerve-racking thing?

DC: I'm sure it is. I wish I could say I was invited into the room! To be clear, George Lucas is a very busy man. They put out a press release saying he's working on a World War II movie which they're calling Red Tales right now. Of course while we were in development on this, he was in development with Steven Spielberg on Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. We were able to go to him every once in a while but he also tries to give us a certain amount of autonomy in order to build these games. But we were lucky on this one to be able to get his input. Those meetings... I mean I helped set it up! I mixed the trailer for the thing, or some pre-visualisation movies for that, as well as Star Wars: Force Unleashed. And we would go in and basically talk to him about these projects. The feedback that they got, I mean you just can't get it anywhere but the source. It really helps. I think that's why in those cinematic moments that you see it just feels very Indiana Jones. The idea of him always being up against insurmountable odds and always trying to do the right thing, but not necessarily in the neatest way, it really comes across in The Staff of Kings.

VideoGamer.com: Is it Harrison Ford's voice?

DC: It's not. In all languages we have a Indiana Jones sound-a-like, for a variety of reasons, and some of which honestly I'm not even privy to. It's mostly availability, time, he's a very busy man. Having a sound-a-like in there means we can go to him with any pick-ups any time we need to, or go through the tutorial and get a lot of variations of 'press the A button'. So it worked for us to have a sound-a-like. It's John Armstrong, he was actually the voice of Han Solo in Star Wars: Empire at War. He's from that same area of the Midwest, the Chicago area, he just has that sort of swagger to him. Indiana Jones is a huge loveable character and so we wanted to be true to that feel.

http://www.videogamer.com/psp/indiana_jones_and_the_staff_of_kings/preview-1691.html

AlivePoet

Interesting, I had not realized that A2M was developing this game, nor that I've been living pretty well next door to an Indiana Jones game under development.

Stoo

AlivePoet said:
Interesting, I had not realized that A2M was developing this game, nor that I've been living pretty well next door to an Indiana Jones game under development.
Tell me about it! They are right there on deMaisonneuve and I have 2 friends (modellers) who worked on the game.(y) Lucky dogs!

DIrishB said:
Its nice to see as more info is released concerning the game, more and more people seem to be accepting what they see with a positive attitude...a nice change from a few weeks or months ago when almost everyone was convinced this game would suck.:rolleyes:
No kidding. It was really sad reading all that. I think it looks like a lot of fun and will probably be buying one of the systems so that I can play it and not miss out. The question is: which one? I'll wait for people's reviews before deciding.

The Tingler

There's still a possibility that it will suck. It could be two hours long for a start. Don't go the other direction and hype it up too much. At least keeping your expectations low will mean that if the game surpasses them you will enjoy it - set your standards too high however, and you'll only be disappointed.

Morning Bell

That video clip looks GREAT. The graphics and the gameplay both appear pretty smooth and immersive. Waiting for the next few weeks is going to be to tough!:)

DocWhiskey

Nice new Website!

www.staffofkings.com

Has a cool scavenger hunt game, some new pics, and I'm guessing new videos as we get closer to the release.

And in Indy's tent....is that his satchel?

EDIT: I'm playing the scavenger hunt and among the cool avatars and wallpapers you could unlock, I just unlocked exclusive footage of HAN SOLO in SoK!

Hopefully the link works:http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000793.html

EDIT 2: Now I'm angry because I only have 1 more level in the scavenger hunt (Istanbul) yet it takes me to the facebook page with no game! Bah! I want to unlock the flash game and fan kit!

Last edited:

dr.jones1986

DocWhiskey said:
Nice new Website!

www.staffofkings.com

Has a cool scavenger hunt game, some new pics, and I'm guessing new videos as we get closer to the release.

And in Indy's tent....is that his satchel?

EDIT: I'm playing the scavenger hunt and among the cool avatars and wallpapers you could unlock, I just unlocked exclusive footage of HAN SOLO in SoK!

Hopefully the link works:http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000793.html

awsome the two best harrison ford characters in one game...sweet!

Nurhachi1991

I'm getting sick and ***** tired of Lucas Arts need to include a damn Star Wars referance in everything!!!!!

You did not see an unlockable Indy in the force unleashed now did you?

Perhilion

There's some interesting information on this wallpaper:
Indy_StaffOfKings_Panama-4_1024x-1.jpg

First of all, what's on the pillar? It seems to be that jade sphere mentioned in the story walkthrough video. So how is it projecting these notes on the wall?
The notes mention guardians of the staff and four "shepherds" which seem to be needed to find the staff. There's also coordinates on the bottom right. Anyone know what location it is? There's also mention of a cistern on the top left, a "trek of thousands of miles" on the top right, and something that looks like the headpiece to the staff of ra on the right. Very interesting...