Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Just finish the levels in story mode and treasure mode and the bonus levels once, and make sure you get true adventurer on all of them.

michael

Attila the Professor said:
I just don't see any implication in the game that you would. Quick Play is the means of entering the levels from the warehouse menus, right? They're still the same levels.
I only ask because in the Quick Play part of the Creator Hub, when you finish a level, it places a check mark on that level. Just wondering why it would be there. Kinda like the Super Story Mode from Lego Star Wars, you had to finish those to get the 100% completion, I always thought that was just a waste of time, but then again, we are talking about video games, right? :whip:

VP

Moderator Emeritus
You only get percentage from the Build Your Own Adventure section in the Creator hub.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
michael said:
I only ask because in the Quick Play part of the Creator Hub, when you finish a level, it places a check mark on that level. Just wondering why it would be there. Kinda like the Super Story Mode from Lego Star Wars, you had to finish those to get the 100% completion, I always thought that was just a waste of time, but then again, we are talking about video games, right? :whip:

Ah, gotcha. Well, at any rate, VP is right.

Rhys135

I borrowed the 360 version of this from my cousin the other week, as after hearing a lot of mixed views, I wanted to 'try' before I buy, and am I glad I did. :(

This is an embrassment compared to the 'Original Adventures' which I'm a big fan of. The main adventure levels are short, very short infact, and mainly involve just defeating a number of enemies to progess. Where's the exploring, puzzle solving, general platforming and deep long stages?? When I came across my first vehicle level, I thought it was an improvent compared to the original, but after doing the second and third vehicle level and so on, it became apparent that all you had to do in all of them was again defeat a number of enemy vehicles to progess, sigh. The cut-scenes were not funny either and did not have any charm or attention to detail like the original cut-scenes had. Not a big fan of the hub world either, as the stuff you did here had nothing to do with the Indy universe. I'd say the majority of the effort went into building hub worlds and tasks to do in them, instead of on the main adventure. A big disappointment.

chr0n0naut

Hi all,

Not sure I'm posting in the right thread here. I posted in the Hints thread but got no response. My thinking is that the other thread is for Indy LEGO 1. Anyways here my question:

Was wondering if anyone knows what I have to do to get 100% on the Creator Levels?

I'm on 37% but am not that much into building levels and would rather just get the 100%. At the moment I'm just playing around and guessing what might count towards that 100%.

Can anyone help?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
chr0n0naut said:
Done that. Stuck on 37%. :(

Fiddle around with it some more, then. There's different categories of things to buy in each of the different environments, perhaps even (this I don't recall) different between interiors and exteriors.

chr0n0naut

Attila the Professor said:
Fiddle around with it some more, then. There's different categories of things to buy in each of the different environments, perhaps even (this I don't recall) different between interiors and exteriors.

Mkay, I'm up to 66%. Can't find anything else.

Technically if I go to every theme (of which there are about 30) with every map type (of which there are about 15) I am looking at 30*15=450 potential templates - each of which may have slight variations in the available items.

That's really annoying. :mad:

VP

Moderator Emeritus
You only have to create six levels in one playset, one for each level of the game. Once you create a level you'll have to edit the six themes for each of the levels, it's only 36 levels and most have duplicates. Took me like 15 minutes to buy all of them. Here's a few pics:

legoij2_creator1.jpg

Create a level for each of the game's levels.

legoij2_creator2.jpg

Edit each of the six themes and buy everything you can.

chr0n0naut

VP said:
You only have to create six levels in one playset, one for each level of the game. Once you create a level you'll have to edit the six themes for each of the levels, it's only 36 levels and most have duplicates. Took me like 15 minutes to buy all of them. Here's a few pics:

<...pics omitted to reduce size of quote...>

Create a level for each of the game's levels.

<...pics omitted to reduce size of quote...>

Edit each of the six themes and buy everything you can.

Got it! Thank you VP. :D

By the way... on what platform do you have LIJ2? I assume it's PC otherwise you wouldn't be able to take such smooth screenshots?

FedoraHead

Let down with it so far but only played about 15min. I got my son this second one cause he LOVES the first one. He is only 4 but can really play the first one. However this is so much harder. He can't do the aim the whip thing. Why did they ADD THAT! It's a kid game right? I can still do it but I miss "go to light and hit the button to swing" sure that wasn't much fun but to a kid it was great. Also I could play faster the old why.

RedeemedChild

Could someone help me please?

I don't want to have to buy LEGO Indiana Jones 2 off of the internet simply for a cheaper price.

I've been trying to find it brand new at stores in my area for $19.99 but it is still $29.99 and GameStop does not even have it used or new in my area. It seems as if this game is a hot item still. I mean LEGO Indiana Jones The Original Adventures is everywhere used and new for less than $19.99 but LEGO Indiana Jones 2 is impossible to find. I guess we have to wait until the end of the year for a price reduction?

The Tingler

FedoraHead said:
Let down with it so far but only played about 15min. I got my son this second one cause he LOVES the first one. He is only 4 but can really play the first one. However this is so much harder. He can't do the aim the whip thing. Why did they ADD THAT! It's a kid game right? I can still do it but I miss "go to light and hit the button to swing" sure that wasn't much fun but to a kid it was great. Also I could play faster the old why.

I do agree, it is a strange addition but works after a while. I think this one's aimed a little higher than 4 years old. You'll just have to help him!

After disliking the game at first (no Freeplay? What the hell?) I must admit it's grown on me significantly since then. I love actually properly going back to levels (the Night of the Living Dead level in KOTCS is a wonderful homage to the 50s B-movies the film was attempting to mimic) and having them be different than before, and the hubs are all great to explore.

brainofj21

RedeemedChild said:
Could someone help me please?

I don't want to have to buy LEGO Indiana Jones 2 off of the internet simply for a cheaper price.

I've been trying to find it brand new at stores in my area for $19.99 but it is still $29.99 and GameStop does not even have it used or new in my area. It seems as if this game is a hot item still. I mean LEGO Indiana Jones The Original Adventures is everywhere used and new for less than $19.99 but LEGO Indiana Jones 2 is impossible to find. I guess we have to wait until the end of the year for a price reduction?

The game has not been out that long for a huge price reduction. It will probably drop to 20 bucks after the summer or around the time the Lego Harry Potter game comes out.

Mr Jones

I Loved this game.
The first is still better but I like what they did with The whole KOTCS Thing,It was Way better than The actual movie in My opinion.
One of My favorite Lego Games :D