Adventurer Allan Quatermain Coming To Television

Ska

Le Saboteur said:
I apologize for spoiling the entire movie, but hopefully I've saved an hour and a half of your life.

:D

haha

Any news about the upcoming television show? Temple of (No) Skulls left a bad taste in my mouth for Quatermain. Wait, that didn't sound right...

Le Saboteur

I claim this thread for the National Party!

Stoo said:
The group carried zero supplies (other than whatever was supposedly in Quatermain's small rucksack) on their long journey. They walk & walk, come across an animal and stare at it - it stares at them, then they walk & walk some more with more staring. At one point they even walk down a dirt road with tire tracks on it.

His English-to-Zulu dictionary certainly wasn't in that rucksack! For such a mighty explorer, his knowledge of the natives in his own backyard is amazingly slight.

He doesn't even think to take the damn thing off until after the final tussle begins opting, instead, to keep it slung over one shoulder! Surprisingly enough, the lead actor has actually gone onto a bonafide Hollywood career.

Ska said:
Any news about the upcoming television show?

Nothing that I can find. It seems that everything went dark after the initial announcement. I suspect that it's currently filed as in "pre-production."

Stoo said:
Actually, the ONLY thing I enjoyed about this film was seeing more traditional Zulus even though some nit-picking can be done with how they were portrayed (which is odd because I've read that actual Zulu people were hired).

My knowledge of the Zulu, like Quatermain's, is slight to non-existent so thank you for sharing that bit! Being a plains people it does stand to reason that they would have throwing spears of some sort.

And is it just me or did King Zulu trade all of his lands for a not so good looking white chick?