Evil Dead 4?

DIrishB

ResidentAlien said:
I take it you're a big Brisco County Jr fan? Buy the DVD set on DeepDiscount.com. They're like $20-something last I checked. Got mine months ago and love it.

I've been meaning to pick up the Brisco DVDs for awhile now. I know they only recently came out on DVD...recent as in past few years...yeah I'm slacking a bit.

I loved that show as a 10-11 year old kid. Lots of good memories of it.

Burn Notice I hear is fantastic... just been too busy to catch up on it. Me and TV don't mix... I never can seem to bring myself to turn the damn thing on.

Same with me. I usually DL TV shows a season at a time (after hearing good things about them) and will watch them as time allows. Burn Notice is now on my DL list. ;)

The Man

Raimi Wants It Done Right. Not Like Indy 4...

?I hope to, yes. Every time I say I would like to [revisit the films], people say, ?where the hell is it!?!? But I?m just glad people are still interested. But yes, I would really like to do [another ?Evil Dead? film]. I?ve just got a commitment to make ?Spider-Man 4? right now though.?

?I think there should be an end to everything,? he responded when asked whether the character of Ash is worthy of more movies. ?I mean, did anyone really want ?Indiana Jones 4′? The answer is no. I?ve taken a poll in about seven theaters now. Of 300 people, three hands go up. You are bound to disappoint.?

caats

that's actually a Campbell quote. an incorrect statement by him too. but i mean...campbell can't really talk about quality of movies. but whatev, i know you like to spin stuff.

The Man

caats said:
that's actually a Campbell quote. an incorrect statement by him too. but i mean...campbell can't really talk about quality of movies. but whatev, i know you like to spin stuff.

Such quotes should be taken with a wink. After all, does anybody really want Spider-man 4..? Was the last one really done right..?

caats

i hear ya on that one. though...spider-man 3 was probably one of the most fun moments i've ever had in a theatre. everyone just laughed and made fun of it.

i still dig raimi. i recently watched evil dead for the first time with friends and we can't wait to finish the trilogy. i feel like Spidey 4 could keep drifting into the overly campy type though. especially the rumors he wants Morbius(the vampire).

DocWhiskey

The Man said:
Raimi Wants It Done Right. Not Like Indy 4...

You know what's hilarious? I went to a screening of "My Name Is Bruce" and Bruce came out after the film for a Q and A and he basically said exactly what that quote says in that article about Indy 4. He said, "Honestly, who really wanted Indiana Jones 4?" and my friend and I raised our hands and cheered. We were the only ones. Bruce cut us down lol.

I love Evil Dead. I love Bruce Campbell.

But, Bruce, you shut your mouth about Indy.

caats

Raimi said today he's got 9 pages written for Evil Dead 4. seems like it might be his movie post spidey 4.

The Man

The Evil Dead...just will not f*cking die! Groooovy!

Raimi's long-time editor Bob Murawski is heading to Michigan to start work on a fourth instalment, news that'll thrill Deadheads everywhere. Murawski is promising "a small indie thing like the first two." Bearing in mind the super-low budget ethos of The Evil Dead involved Raimi building cameras out of birchwood and dead racoons, we'd hope not quite as small and indie.

Murawski's news is corroborated by Bruce Campbell's tweet (@GroovyBruce, twitterati): "Believe in the remake, dawg! The project is real. In the works. Cool as hell. Scary as hell."

Indy's brother

Sooo. 3 out of 4 Evil Dead flicks will be the same movie. How many times does this need to be remade? And without Campbell in the lead? Snore.

The Drifter

If they did make it a sequel to Army of Darkness, I wonder which ending they would have spawned it from?
The apocolyptic future, or the "Shop smart, shop S-Mart" versions?

Pale Horse

Staff member
Campbell also tweeted: "Go Diablo, go! Write like the wind!"

Diablo Cody eh? I wonder how much T&A there'll be...Might wind up playing like a Rob Zombie film...no pun intended.

The Man

Pale Horse said:
Diablo Cody eh? I wonder how much T&A there'll be?

T&A is acceptable. But she'd better not write a part for Jennifer's Body 'star' M&F. That 'woman' is disgusting...(n)

The Drifter

Indy's brother said:
Sooo. 3 out of 4 Evil Dead flicks will be the same movie. How many times does this need to be remade? And without Campbell in the lead? Snore.
I have been reading that Bruce has said that he will indeed return as Ash Williams in Evil Dead 4 (not the remake). I would post a link, but have no idea how to do so on this cell, and my internet for my PC has been gone for months.

mattzilla2010

So has anyone besides me seen the remake yet? It can't really compare to the original (or the sequels), but I had a blast watching it. Say what you will about no Ash or lame dialogue or what have you, I thought it was a hell of a lot of fun. A fun modern polish on an old idea. Downright... groovy. ;)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BHDJm1D2ELw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>