zeppelins!

indy34

wouldnt it be great if they brought back zeppelins like the size of the Hindenburg
300px-Hindenburg_at_lakehurst.jpg
:D

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Accidents are one thing, but some are more preventable than others, and offer far lesser odds of survival if something does go wrong.

I'm all for forgiveness and recognition of the constant potential for accident in life, but there are some things that are just unreasonable, and reintroducing flying death balloons is one of them.

Gear

Over the summer I went to the movies with some friends and at the end of the show, after my friends had left, I saw a Good Year Zepplin. (y)

Niteshade007

Attila the Professor said:
Accidents are one thing, but some are more preventable than others, and offer far lesser odds of survival if something does go wrong.

I'm all for forgiveness and recognition of the constant potential for accident in life, but there are some things that are just unreasonable, and reintroducing flying death balloons is one of them.

I was being sarcastic. I'm all for keeping those things out of the air.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Niteshade007 said:
I was being sarcastic. I'm all for keeping those things out of the air.

Eh, sorry...I've been on edge and occasionally taking it out on Raveners. I respect you, truly, and just took your statement at face value since it's not exactly of a sort foreign to the Raven. My apologies.

And, needless to say, what gear guardian saw was a blimp, filled with non-flammable helium, and not something with a capacity of about 100 people.

indy34

i was just saying wouldnt it be good to see one for real and i do agree they are flying death baloons alot more went down than people know:dead:

otto rahn

ClintonHammond said:
We need faster air travel, not slower
Aren't they talking about bringing airships back for bulk transport rather than passenger service ? I thought that the idea was that they would be a lot cheaper than aircraft for cargo, but still faster than a ship.

otto rahn

indy34 said:
i was just saying wouldnt it be good to see one for real and i do agree they are flying death baloons alot more went down than people know:dead:
Just about every nation that had a rigid airship at one time or another lost one (or more) in an accident. "R101" (Britain), "Akron" and "Macon" (U S A),"Dixmude" (France), and of course, most publicly, "Hindenberg" (Germany) (I think that the Italians lost one in the Arctic as well, but i've forgotten her name).

Stoo

Transplant from the thread: "Indiana Jones and the Norse Gods"

otto rahn said:
Oh yes "Stoo" We need more airships in period adventures ! "Last Crusade" had one so I doubt that "Indy 4" will, but it was good to see the "home made" looking airship in "The Mummy Returns" !
Rent "Flyboys" if you haven't done so already. Plus, "The Red Tent" is a film about Gen. Nobile and the fate of the "Italia" crew.

otto rahn

Stoo said:
Transplant from the thread: "Indiana Jones and the Norse Gods"

Rent "Flyboys" if you haven't done so already. Plus, "The Red Tent" is a film about Gen. Nobile and the fate of the "Italia" crew.
I've seen both of those (and remembered "Italia" AFTER I had posted). Just remember adventurers DO NOT devour the liver of any polar bears that you shoot !