Zorro Comic books

I was in Barns in Nobles and i was reading this Zorro #1 Comic Book its very good i haven't read all of the comic books just this one. In the book it talks about where his mother came from, i never knew she was a American Indiana but awesome. So have any of you folks read any of the comics?

51zWRDty7oL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Drifter could you post the title and photo of the Zorro comic books you have been reading? So I can check and see if i can find the comic books where i live please.

Last edited:

DocWhiskey

I seen that issue in my local comic store. I've been wanting to read that and the Lone Ranger. They've been getting very good reviews.

RedeemedChild

I can honestly say that I know nothing regarding the Lone Ranger comics, however I've seen issue 1 through 4 of the new Zorro comics. So I suppose this Zorro comic is just beginning.

DocWhiskey said:
I seen that issue in my local comic store. I've been wanting to read that and the Lone Ranger. They've been getting very good reviews.
Yes my friends and people i meet say i just have to read does Zorro comic books.

Le Saboteur

Once you're finished with the Zorro comics, you can always pick up the Lady Rawhide series. Also: around the millennium, there was "The Queen of Swords" television series that featured a female Zorro-like heroine.

Queen_of_Swords.JPG

I'll have to go find my copy of the original stories, but I'm about 90% sure that Don Diego de la Vega's mother being a Native American (Shoshone) is a reinvention of the character's origin's; he was always high-born. Don't quote me on that quite yet.

RedeemedChild

Le Saboteur said:
Once you're finished with the Zorro comics, you can always pick up the Lady Rawhide series. Also: around the millennium, there was "The Queen of Swords" television series that featured a female Zorro-like heroine.

Queen_of_Swords.JPG

I'll have to go find my copy of the original stories, but I'm about 90% sure that Don Diego de la Vega's mother being a Native American (Shoshone) is a reinvention of the character's origin's; he was always high-born. Don't quote me on that quite yet.

I remember Lady Rawhide as I watched the program quite a bit back in 2004 and 2005, however I'm not familiar with the Queen of Swords series. I'll download the latter and view it on my PSP and tell you what I think later. Is there a Queen of Swords comic or manga series by any chance?

Le Saboteur said:

Queen_of_Swords.JPG

I just watched some of the female Zorro show and it's crappy to me :sick: Guy Williams Zorro never had SEX in it, it was pure to the mind. Don Diego's mother was a Warrior in her tribe in the comic i read. She took Don Diego and his friend who can not speak to her tribe and then she gave Diego the black horse that he (Zorro) rode. And then he had to prove himself as a strong boy to join her tribe. BTW Diego's father knew nothing about him going to his mothers tribe. Don Diego's mother was killed by Pirates.

RedeemedChild

Hopefully Jerry Bruckheimer will create his own Zorro trilogy. I bet if it's anything like Pirates of the Caribbean and the upcoming Big Thunder Mountain it'll be a sure fire success.

I'd like to see either Orlando Bloom, Ben Barnes or the EMO Robert Pattinson cast as Zorro (Don Diego de la Vega) and Johnny Depp or Michael Caine as Butler Bernardo; the prefer the former as to the later actor. And as for Zorro's son I'd like to see receive that role. Nicolas Cage as Don Alejandro de la Vega, Christopher Lee as Commandante, Captain Monastari and Jim Carrey as Sergeant García.

Orlando Bloom as Zorro anyone?

orlando-bloom-i1.jpg

I think Disney's pretty boy looks the part.

That would be great if Orlando Bloom was Zorro (Don Diego).

It better be wholesome and not like that horrific Zorro movie that came out not to long ago. I must say it seems people just don't know how to make wholesome films anymore.

RedeemedChild

IndyWolf15 said:
That would be great if Orlando Bloom was Zorro (Don Diego).

It better be wholesome and not like that horrific Zorro movie that came out not to long ago. I must say it seems people just don't know how to make wholesome films anymore.

It won't be bad. It will be sweeter than sugar water.

Jerry Bruckheimer productions are always clean. I can guarantee that it'd quite good. In fact it'd be Zorro the way it was intended to be if he gets a hold of it. I mean you did see what a great job he did with National Treasure?

I also wager that Tim Burton and J.J. could spin a fine Zorro tale to. How about having Tim Burton adapt a Zorro movie based on the storyline from the classic Disney Zorro episode "Ghost of the Mission"? Eh?

RedeemedChild

LonsomeDrifter I believe that this is the Zorro comic that my sister has been reading at the bookstore. Its available over on Amazon.com

518h%2BflDJRL._SS500_.jpg

Le Saboteur

RedeemedChild said:
LonsomeDrifter I believe that this is the Zorro comic that my sister has been reading at the bookstore. Its available over on Amazon.com.

It sounds very similar to the incredibly bad retelling of Zorro by Isabel Allende.

I read more of the comic book its getting better and better everytime i read it. This time Don Diego met a girl 10 years older than he is, Diego's about 14 at this point and his in love with her. These Lancers are bothering the girl and Diego gets his whip and throws a basket of fruit at the soldiers and grabs her and then they escape. Then she thanks him and you know what comes next A KISS, my friends, and Don Diego drops to the ground blushing, and his loyal servent who can not speak sighs to him asking why was he blushing, and the story ends because my mom picked me up from Books a Million and so i could not finish the comic. It has so many pages so i will be reading for quite sometime. BTW the book is 19.99 so i'm asking my mom can she buy it for me.