Yet another newbie Brit!

Dana Scully

Hi all,

I'm Sarah from the UK and I'm new around these parts. I was also having trouble registering but a quick email was all it took to get me sorted so thanks to the mod(s) that helped me out. (y)

I've been a big fan of the Indy franchise for years, ever since I saw TOD when I was a little kid and it scared the the everloving crap out of me, ha. I was born in '85 so was unfortunately too young to have experienced Indy mania back in the '80s which is probably why I have such a soft spot for KOTCS, I actually got to experience the hype first hand and see it on the big screen which was great. Yes I'm one of those Indy fans that loves KOTCS, I actually rank it as my second favourite of the series behind ROTLA (*gasp*)... I look forward to no doubt getting into heated debate with some of you on the subject. :p KOTCS also features my second favourite character in the whole series (behind Indy of course), Col. Irina Spalko. :cool: I have a weakness for tough women who kick butt, as you may be able to tell from my screen name.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I hope to stick around for a while and chat with you all about this wonderful franchise that has given us all so much enjoyment over the years. :hat:

welcome...

Hi, welcome to the raven, in my short time here its proved to be a friendly and informative forum.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

XanaduEli

Hey! I am a UK fan, too. :)

Irina Spalko is my favourite character so I'd love to talk to some more in that aspect.

I hope you enjoy your stay. I am a returning member after a few years of inactivity. I plan to stay though so I hope we can become friends.

:whip:

Dana Scully

Thanks for the welcome guys! Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been able to access the boards for the past couple of days, I don't know if anyone else has been having the same problem?

Hi XanaduMel! Can I call you Mel? Is that even your name? ;) It's fantastic to already meet another Spalko fan, I've immersed myself in some good Spalko fanfiction this past week and now I love her even more. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I have a huge crush on Cate Blanchett, lol. :D I'll definitely be posting some discussion about her as soon as I've managed to finish formulating the many reasons why I love her beyond 'she's hot'. :p

XanaduEli

Hi! Which fanfics have you read? :) I write them on occasion.

I've been the same, hopefully its fine now. Pm me though if you would like my email address though. I'd like to keep Irina fans close.

I really love Cate, but I love Irina in a separate way to her. :)

My name is Elijah. So you can call me Eli. I've been here for a while now so naturally, I have an embarrassing old username!

I am so glad to meet you and expect me to join in your discussions. Welcome! (y)

Dana Scully

XanaduMel said:
Hi! Which fanfics have you read? :) I write them on occasion.

I've been the same, hopefully its fine now. Pm me though if you would like my email address though. I'd like to keep Irina fans close.

I really love Cate, but I love Irina in a separate way to her. :)

My name is Elijah. So you can call me Eli. I've been here for a while now so naturally, I have an embarrassing old username!

I am so glad to meet you and expect me to join in your discussions. Welcome! (y)

Pleased to meet you Eli! (y)

I just posted a thread about Spalko in the KOTCS forum where I've linked to some of my favourite fics. Check it out, I didn't originally intend for the post to be that long but somehow it ended up that way. ;) I just love the character and it ended up being quite cathartic to ramble about her for a little while.

You write fic? I wish I had the patience! What's your pen name?

XanaduEli

I am actually very shy of my stories. I wrote many of them when I was very young. I must have been about..14 years old. I used to be friends with a girl who was completely fixated on Irina having an abusive past. I wasn't very good either but we'd work together to write some stories. When she got bad reviews, she ended up making several accounts. (denying this to me of course)

Fans ended up getting frustrated and with myself included, we ended up calling out on it and making new stories to bring the character the justice she deserved.

I could not stand the idea of her being weak and pathetic like my ex-friend suggested, so seeing these was definitely a breath of air.

I've since been attempting to fix my past mistakes. I am also writing my own story currently. My pen-name is xXSchmayXx - I'm mostly popular for

"Talisha Spalko"

I really love to talk about her, so I feel like we will be good buds. :)

Dana Scully

Ah, fandom. Don't you love it? ;) I've been a part of the X-Files fandom since the late 90's (although I'm not nearly as active as I once was, unfortunately I'm an 'adult' with a full time job now :p ) and I well know the feeling of looking back on your 14-year old self and cringing! If you ever want someone to look over your story, let me know. :)

XanaduMel said:
I really love to talk about her, so I feel like we will be good buds. :)

(y) I'd love to hear your thoughts in the Spalko thread, always nice to hear from another fan!

XanaduEli

Sorry for the late reply. I've been working as part of my college course.

It was a good five years ago and I honestly still wonder why I was so silly back then. I guess my life changed a lot and I got much more mature. I will send you a link to my story in PMs.

I will mosey on over there now and have a look!