Wouldn't this make a cool Temple of Doom ride?

Goonie

Ok, Disneyland's got the Temple of the Forbidden Eye, Tokyo DisneySea has the Temple of the Crystal Skull, and Disnayland Paris has Temple of Peril.

But wouldn't this make a great Temple of Doom ride with a little re-theming?
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/09/d23-expo-special-report-hong-kong_22.html

It's Hong Kong Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain/Grizzly Peak hybrid with a touch of Animal Kingdom's Expedition Everest. It's supposed to be built in the coming years. The concept was revealed at the D23 Expo last week.

Replace the bears with Mola Ram and Thugee animatronics and the village with Pankot Palace, and you got one cool Temple of Doom ride! (don't forget the collapsing water tower) (y)

deckard24

Yeah, I could definitely see that! The funny thing is, old wooden roller coasters always make me think of Temple of Doom, even though the tracks in the movie were steel.

I'm kind of surprised they never made a TOD themed ride?

Perhilion

I think that's because ToD was the least popular Indy movie.
But I agree, I think it would make a great ride. Actually, I had an idea of how it would work.
It would be a sort of ride/show combo, where the line is outside Pankot palace. Once you get in you are given a tour by Chatar Lal, then shown to a room where you are to wait for dinner. So all the people are waiting in the room when suddenly Indy bursts through the door fighting with a Thuggee. He takes him out, then explains how the Thugee want all the riders for a sacrifice and they all need to follow him if they want to get out of here. He opens a secret passage (like in the movie) and leads everyone through the dark, creepy tunnel. This could be a sort of haunted-house area, with cobwebs and "bugs" and creepy sounds and corpses. So everyone follows Indy through the tunnel and into a room when suddenly, after everyone is inside, the door rolls shut behind them (I think you can see where this is going). Indy tells everyone not to move as he looks for a way out. Suddenly gears start moving and the ceiling starts to lower (maybe some sort of optical illusion could be used for this). Of course everyone would start freaking, so Indy has to keep them all calm while trying to disarm the trap. The "Bug Tunnel/Death Trap" music starts playing from the movie and just when they're all about to be crushed Indy disarms the trap.
So after that Indy leads everyone through the main temple area, which is empty but you can see everything from the movie. They go into the mine area and suddenly they are confronted by more guards. Indy starts fighting them and another guide (Shorty or Willie or something) leads the people to the mine carts as Indy fights of the guards and there's shooting and explosions and a whole bunch of stunts. Everyone gets into the carts and they start moving and Indy drops into them from a rope or something. Then the rest of the ride would be a roller coaster through the mines.

deckard24

Perhilion said:
I think that's because ToD was the least popular Indy movie.
But I agree, I think it would make a great ride. Actually, I had an idea of how it would work.
It would be a sort of ride/show combo, where the line is outside Pankot palace. Once you get in you are given a tour by Chatar Lal, then shown to a room where you are to wait for dinner. So all the people are waiting in the room when suddenly Indy bursts through the door fighting with a Thuggee. He takes him out, then explains how the Thugee want all the riders for a sacrifice and they all need to follow him if they want to get out of here. He opens a secret passage (like in the movie) and leads everyone through the dark, creepy tunnel. This could be a sort of haunted-house area, with cobwebs and "bugs" and creepy sounds and corpses. So everyone follows Indy through the tunnel and into a room when suddenly, after everyone is inside, the door rolls shut behind them (I think you can see where this is going). Indy tells everyone not to move as he looks for a way out. Suddenly gears start moving and the ceiling starts to lower (maybe some sort of optical illusion could be used for this). Of course everyone would start freaking, so Indy has to keep them all calm while trying to disarm the trap. The "Bug Tunnel/Death Trap" music starts playing from the movie and just when they're all about to be crushed Indy disarms the trap.
So after that Indy leads everyone through the main temple area, which is empty but you can see everything from the movie. They go into the mine area and suddenly they are confronted by more guards. Indy starts fighting them and another guide (Shorty or Willie or something) leads the people to the mine carts as Indy fights of the guards and there's shooting and explosions and a whole bunch of stunts. Everyone gets into the carts and they start moving and Indy drops into them from a rope or something. Then the rest of the ride would be a roller coaster through the mines.
Sounds awesome!

So when does construction begin? ;)

Le Saboteur

This reminds me of...

...Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril at Disneyland Resort Paris. Originally, there was supposed to something very close to a ToD mine cart ride at the "Indyland" that was supposed to be "hidden" within Adventureland. The resort's financial woes in the early nineties put the kabosh on all of that, of course. Instead, we got this

192_350.jpg

s_8135433.jpg

2790206311_e1e14a79ed.jpg

which is the worst of the Indy themed rides, and not nearly as cool as the 'rip-off' in Tokyo DisneySea, Raging Spirits.

313622738_788128b524.jpg

img0195d.jpg