Did they find the holy grail?

Finn

Staff member
WillKill4Food said:
Are you saying you want Clint back?
Why?
He was an obnoxious troll, though sometimes respectable.
I'm not saying I want anyone back, I said I regret the fact that reconsidering certain issues is so damn hard.

And if the archaeology section's the only place you've looked for traces of Clinton, I'd recommend you to keep your trap shut. He was a regular pain in hide when discussion veered into certain greatly controversial topic, but despite that he stayed with us for nearly half a decade before we were forced to get rid of him. We wouldn't have let him stay aboard that long, had he been nothing but an "obnoxious troll".

WillKill4Food

Finn said:
I'm not saying I want anyone back, I said I regret the fact that reconsidering certain issues is so damn hard.
Sorry. I thought you meant "It's a shame that I can ban someone easier than I can bring them back."
Finn said:
And if the archaeology section's the only place you've looked for traces of Clinton, I'd recommend you to keep your trap shut. He was a regular pain in hide when discussion veered into certain greatly controversial topic, but despite that he stayed with us for nearly half a decade before we were forced to get rid of him. We wouldn't have let him stay aboard that long, had he been nothing but an "obnoxious troll".
To appease you Finn, I?ll post some more of Clint?s words, from OTHER forums besides Archaeology:
ClintonHammond said:
So apparently obtuse just comes naturally to you.... noted.

But then you expect me to treat you like a real person? Why would I?

Their responses, their emotions, are THEIR responsibility, not mine.

Religion is all you need for good people to do evil.

There is NO 'supernatural'... People who believe in such are just a bunch of deluded little dupes....

Then maybe you aughta keep your blinkered stupidstition to yourself....
Yes, he did have good input at times, but he was offensive and often said that he didn't care about those that he offended.

Just wondering - why did Clinton get removed?:confused:

Stoo

WillKill4Food said:
Yes, he did have good input at times, but he was offensive and often said that he didn't care about those that he offended.

Just wondering - why did Clinton get removed?:confused:
WillKill, you've already answered your own question. Do we really need a review (amongst all the rest of the clutter)?
Jerks are jerks and will get what's coming to them. We are here, I think, to talk about Professor Jones.

That aside, WillKill, I must say you are an exceptionally bright, well spoken/written young man/woman and
it's not surprising that you are top of your class!:hat: "You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!"

My first exposure to the Grail legend was through Monty Python. "Excalibur" came out the same year as "Raiders"
so it was fun to see the Grail become the aritifact for Indy down the road.

In answer to the question of the thread's title? No.

Gary2880

but Gary2880's posts are constantly hateful and violently degrading.

I'm lovely everywhere else (y)

Only to those that deserve it. Not my fault if you fall in to that catagory. Very easy for you to find the light and take up the one true path for redemption ;) Although you do seem to be going to a lot of trouble in trying to convince the moderators to ban me. Well, Christians trying to get rid of people that disagree with them..... not exactly like anything new is happening here then.

Think that clint chappy sounds like my kind of guy. Only one of his posts so not sure what he did to get banned. Is one to surmise there is a tradition of hounding out people that finally talk straight to you people. Sadly seems so.

So apparently obtuse just comes naturally to you.... noted.

But then you expect me to treat you like a real person? Why would I?

Their responses, their emotions, are THEIR responsibility, not mine.

Religion is all you need for good people to do evil.

There is NO 'supernatural'... People who believe in such are just a bunch of deluded little dupes....

Then maybe you aughta keep your blinkered stupidstition to yourself....

The messiah!

I want his babies. We could have been so happy together :(

Vance

I had always heard about the Grail Legend as a 'gypsy' or.. more correctly 'dirty' legend, something that the 'lesser-bloods' (of which I was one) told one-another but wasn't part of the true doctrine.

As far as I remember, the Grail Legend was bardic, probably lifted from a variety of Pagan sources in the dark ages, before it was 'scribed for eternity' as part of the Arthurian legends. It's definitely a chivalric legend, though.

In the Bible, the 'Grail' isn't given any specific significance, except for the symbolic one at the last supper. No other attention is given to the cup, nor are any powers bestowed upon it. There is no mention that anyone caught Christ's blood.

It could be in the Apocrypha, though, but I know little about those works.

Paden

Vance said:
It could be in the Apocrypha, though, but I know little about those works.
In what little spotty research I've done, I've yet to stumble across any mention of the Grail in any canonical or apocryphal Biblical books. The Gospel of Nicodemus (or Acts of Pilate) contains reference to Joseph of Arimathea being imprisoned by Jewish authorities. He is miraculously delivered from the prison in the account and returns to Arimathea. Most scholars seem to believe that this work, which also includes an account of Pontius Pilate converting to Christianity, was primarily written as speculation and for religious entertianment, not as a literal representation of actual events.

In his Arthurian writings, Robert de Boron apparently altered the story from The Gospel of Nicodemus/Acts of Pilate. In Boron's version, Joseph is sustained during his imprisonment by the powers of the Grail, which is in his possession, and is eventually freed. At an unspecified time, Joseph (or one of his sons) later took the Grail to England.

WillKill4Food

Stoo said:
WillKill, you've already answered your own question. Do we really need a review (amongst all the rest of the clutter)?
Jerks are jerks and will get what's coming to them. We are here, I think, to talk about Professor Jones.
The reason I asked was because Finn took up for ClintonHammond and said that there was much more to him than his, um, trollish-ness. If he was something more than a troll, why did he get banned? That was my question.

Gary2880 said:
Only to those that deserve it. Not my fault if you fall in to that catagory. Very easy for you to find the light and take up the one true path for redemption Although you do seem to be going to a lot of trouble in trying to convince the moderators to ban me. Well, Christians trying to get rid of people that disagree with them..... not exactly like anything new is happening here then.
Think that clint chappy sounds like my kind of guy. Only one of his posts so not sure what he did to get banned. Is one to surmise there is a tradition of hounding out people that finally talk straight to you people. Sadly seems so.
Glad to know that I deserve to be tortured in your ironic, moronic, little Inquisition.
I do not want the mods to ban you, and I don't recall saying that. I did compare you to ClintonHammond, however, and I suggested that you "heeded the warning given to you by mods," which I wish you would do. Hate is not something that should be directed towards anyone.
Those hateful words of his were actually a combination of several of his posts, not a single post. I combined them so that they would be easier to read. And those quotes were just the tip of the iceberg.

And now, I ask that some revered moderator come and close this thread. It has lived past it's usefulness. The original question of thread has been answered time and time again, and, by a consensus of those that have posted: THERE IS NO HOLY GRAIL. Most of the recent posts have been direly off-topic, and yes, I myself am guilty of that, and this thread seems to now be just a breeding ground for hate. Please close this thread before the divide becomes greater.

Stoo

Like the Grail itself in "Last Crusade"...just let it go. This isn't worth your energy!
We're here to talk about our favourite whip-crakcing professor.:whip:
The new movie is right around the corner, my friend!:cool:

Finn

Staff member
WillKill4Food said:
If he was something more than a troll, why did he get banned? That was my question.
A member who is banned is banned is banned and that's about it. Each case is individual and the only person we feel responsible in explaining our actions is the one targeted. If you still have an opinion once the situation has been dealt with, keep it to yourselves.

Last edited:

Eric Solo

I tried to get clinton hammond to explain on myspace. He won't. And maybe that's for the best.

Last edited:

WillKill4Food

Finn said:
A member who is banned is banned is banned and that's about it. Each case is individual and the only person we feel responsible in explaining our actions is the one targeted. If you still have an opinion once the situation has been dealt with, keep it to yourselves.
Okay, okay. I was just trying to understand why that he was banned.

Now, I return one of my earlier pleadings:
And now, I ask that some revered moderator come and close this thread. It has lived past it's usefulness. The original question of thread has been answered time and time again, and, by a consensus of those that have posted: THERE IS NO HOLY GRAIL. Most of the recent posts have been direly off-topic, and yes, I myself am guilty of that, and this thread seems to now be just a breeding ground for hate. Please close this thread before the divide becomes greater.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
If you ever want to read why someone was banned, look them up in the member list and "find more posts by" them. Their final activities should tell you plenty.

Don't worry, these archaeology threads sputter out before you (and after I) know it.

WillKill4Food

Moedred said:
If you ever want to read why someone was banned, look them up in the member list and "find more posts by" them. Their final activities should tell you plenty.

Don't worry, these archaeology threads sputter out before you (and after I) know it.
Thanks, but no thanks, for the advice. I had already done this but thanks for the advice.
His last few posts that I read weren't really as bad as his other posts, so I suppose he was banned because of something he had done previously and it just took a while for him to get his, um, "just desserts," perhaps?
But, in reality, I suppose it doesn't matter why he was banned. There was reasoning behind it and I will just have to let what is be.

otto rahn

Holy Grails are a bit like Spears of Longinus. The question is not "did they find it" but "which one did they find" !;) Bloody things are all over the place !

indy93

has anyone here heard of rosslyn chapel? its in scotland and about 10 miles from my house and is regarded by many to be the home of the holy grail. There are medieval tunnels about a mile away and the one leading to the chapel has been blocked and there is meant to be a vault under it, unfortunatly since it is a historic site nobody can see if its under there.
it also has ties to the knights templar and the ark of the covenant is supposed to have spent time there.

Goodeknight

Oh yeah, that original topic from many years ago.... The Grail!!

Yes, the Valencia Grail is one contender. There are others. Someone mentioned Wikipedia should certainly be able to tidy this up quite neatly.

And they do....

Four contenders for the Holy Grail:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Chalice#The_Genoa_Chalice

I'm also intrigued by the Hawkstone Grail, purported by some to (perhaps) be the vessel that Mary Magdalene used to anoint the feet of Jesus. It's got a lot of codes and clues that make for a great treasure hunt. Not on the list of four, because no one claims it was the cup from the Last Supper.

http://www.grahamphillips.net/newgrail/newgrail1.htm

Fun stuff with that one.