New Acquisitions!!

phantom train

Michael, thanks very much for your great reviews of the 12" "Cairo Swordsman" and "German Soldier". I got both of these 12", and wasn't disspointed - though they're not perfect, for $20 I felt I got my money's worth (and, each of these is far better than the 12" talking Indy, which looks terrible).
I was also pleased/surprised that Hasbro decided to feature these characters in the 12" collection since they're from the older films.

Anyway, hopefully they'll come out with more 12" figures down the road, though that will of course depend on how well these sell. It would be cool to see a 12" Belloq w/ceremonial outfit, 12" Marion (in Raven bar outfit), and/or a 12" Mola Ram.

bonoferox

12" Mola Ram would be beautiful if handled correctly by Medicom or Sideshow...I just don't think Hasbro will be able to do it justice with a $20.00 figure.

Billy Ray

michael crawfor said:
I opened it quickly last night to ensure it wasn't broken. I haven't put the various pieces together yet (you attach the hat and whip yourself), but it does look very nice. It's larger than you expect, even when you realize it will hold four dvds. I was a little disappointed in the paint though, which I thought was a bit cheap looking for something in the $50 range. Perhaps once I get the hat and whip on it and have a little more time to look at it, it will impress me a bit more.

Michael, thanks for the quickie review. Guess I will head to BB and see what I can see.

tnswman

Here are my pick-ups for the week.

I ordered the Novel from amazon and they sent me the comic adaptation LOL!
indy001-14.jpg

indy002-11.jpg

indy003-11.jpg

the Updated paint apps on spalko ( i have seen 5 of these painted just alike )
indy005-11.jpg

I am posting spoilers from the comic in the spoilers section

IndyKate

phantom train said:
Anyway, hopefully they'll come out with more 12" figures down the road, though that will of course depend on how well these sell. It would be cool to see a 12" Belloq w/ceremonial outfit, 12" Marion (in Raven bar outfit), and/or a 12" Mola Ram.

OMG I would LOVE to see a 12" Marion! (y)
I wish they had done the little Marion in that outfit, she kicks so much more butt at The Raven than she does in Cairo...

And I agree with Bonoferox - a 12" Mola Ram would be awesome but Hasbro may not be equipped to handle such a character. (y)

Indy Black

A 12 inch Marion would be sweet(y)

tnswman where did you find the jr novel of KOTC? and you should play the lotto withe great luck you've been having snagging those autograph cards. Lucky you:hat:

doesitmatter

Went to Amok Time today. Finally found a Sallah!

Stopped by the Wal-Mart. Got an extra Crystal Skull Indy so the RPG one can have a hat. And got my son the rest of the Adventure Heroes with Mutt/ Irina and Indy/ Ugha. Why don't the Crystal Skull Indys in Adventure Heroes have grey hair?

metalinvader

I picked up 'Taters of the Lost Ark" today.It's a pretty charming figure.This is one of the items I had no interest in but I caved in.;)

Club Obi Wan

I've had no trouble finding any of the 3 3/4" figures or vehicles in the Chicagoland area. I wasnt going to start another toy collection at first but when I saw them in the store it was hard not to buy them up. I just started shopping around this Monday and finished the entire 3 3/4" collection yesterday. Target and Wal-mart were well stocked regardless which one I went to. K-mart had limited to no stock and Toys-R-Us has one tiny section in the front of the store with at best 3 pegs of figures. Anyway you've all seen these before but here are my new Indy acquisitions in the last few days! :)

Club Obi Wan

And for fun this afternoon I decided to pit Indy against my B.Smithi (Same exact species as the ones on Indys back in the beginning of ROTLA.) It was a fierce staring competetion but in the end it turned out to be a draw. ;)

tnswman

Ok, You must be banned for 1. OWNING A SPIDER...Are you a SERIAL KILLER OR SOMETHING!! and 2. SUBJECTING an Indy figure to the Giant Spider of DOOM!! What is wrong with you man?? do your Neighbors know how dangerous you are?

However, welcome and congrats on joining the finer side of life :)

Munkeewrench

Nice spider pics...

Now if we can work in heights, sharks, werewolves and getting blood taken into this thread all my fears will have been accounted for...:dead: ...

Yeah...Werewolves...

Club Obi Wan

Marty Jones said:
False. Four local stores restocked today with fresh shipments and the paint applications were just as bad (if not worse) on those that came out of revision cases. I saw no less than three different kinds of cases today (different stamps), and each one was filled with crappy figures. I actually saw an Indy who's eye was painted on his cheek today. Seriously...

I walked away with only the Jungle Cutter and a Spalko (which I'm still debating over). Hasbro is churning out some real trash from the factory these days. And it's inexcusable. Mass produced doesn't mean something should look like it was painted during a tornado.

:mad:

I would have loved to see a pic of Indy with an eye on his cheek. I would have bought it just for the laugh factor. :D I guess i'm not picky when it comes to the paint jobs really. I would never pass up a figure I didnt have yet due to a few paint imperfections. And if I came across the same figure later with better paint i'd just get the double. The only thing I regret is buying all the 3 3/4" figures in a few days and having nothing to hunt for until July when the new wave comes out. :(