Sasha Spielberg in Diner Scene

Stoo

One of Spielberg's kids is in "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"! Sasha Spielberg is listed in the credits as "Slugger".
Without a doubt, she is the girlfriend of Joe College:

Sasha.jpg

Sasha_Punch.jpg

YouNeverKnow

She was really distracting the later times I saw the movie. In fact that whole table gets really annoying and I know that's not what I should have been paying attention to but it's what I did. Specifically the sweatered dude. His acting is too over the top and you can tell they weren't really having a conversation. I dunno. It's not that big a deal except that the shot keeps them in focus the whole time and you know it was to get Ms. Spielberg in the shot. :gun:

Forbidden Eye

Since she's also the daughter of Kate Capshaw, she could be Indy's lost daughter!

Just think of the coincidence! Indy and his lost son and daughter from different mothers in the same room! ;)

Last edited:

caats

Forbidden Eye said:
Since she's also the daughter of Kate Capshaw, she could be Indy's lost daughter!

Just think of the irony! Indy and his lost son and daughter from different mothers in the same room! ;)

haha awesome

Joe Brody

Good to hear the Spielberg clan had a blast making the film. That's what the film was all about, right? Forget about quality film making. It's all good times, old friends and family.

Everything you need to know in life you learn in Kindergarten. Whoever owns the ball, gets to make the rules.

caats

Joe Brody said:
Good to hear the Spielberg clan had a blast making the film. That's what the film was all about, right? Forget about quality film making. It's all good times, old friends and family.

Everything you need to know in life you learn in Kindergarten. Whoever owns the ball, gets to make the rules.

yaawwwn :rolleyes:

Goodsport

Stoo said:
One of Spielberg's kids is in "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"! Sasha Spielberg is listed in the credits as "Slugger".
Without a doubt, she is the girlfriend of Joe College:

Sasha.jpg
She was born a year after I graduated high school (Sasha herself, not her character in the film) and now she's a grown woman... damn, I'm old! :(

Stoo said:
The look on Indy's face, particularly in the second pic. :D

-G

Benraianajones

I didn't realise it was his daughter in the movie, I remember seeing her and thinking "Some extras are so lucky, I wonder how they managed to land a part in Indy!" ...by her dad I guess! I like when Mutt dips his comb in the drink, and she pulls a face.

So she is Kate's daughter? Strange knowing "Willie/Kate" is "in" the movie in a way. (Along side Willies photograph!)

sandiegojones

Benraianajones said:
I didn't realise it was his daughter in the movie, I remember seeing her and thinking "Some extras are so lucky, I wonder how they managed to land a part in Indy!" ...by her dad I guess! I like when Mutt dips his comb in the drink, and she pulls a face.

So she is Kate's daughter? Strange knowing "Willie/Kate" is "in" the movie in a way. (Along side Willies photograph!)
Yeah, she's 18 and she's SS and Kapshaw's first daughter.

Niteshade007

Joe Brody said:

I wasn't wowed by the film either, but his daughter having a small part in the movie didn't ruin it for me, especially considering I didn't find out until this was posted.

Now, had Sasha been cast in a leading role, I could definitely see the argument.

Vance

Forbidden Eye said:

Just think of the coincidence! Indy and his lost son and daughter from different mothers in the same room! ;)

You realize how much of a double-take I just did when doing the math that Cate and Steven's daughter would be that old now? ... damn.

Lance Quazar

Niteshade007 said:
I wasn't wowed by the film either, but his daughter having a small part in the movie didn't ruin it for me, especially considering I didn't find out until this was posted.

Now, had Sasha been cast in a leading role, I could definitely see the argument.

I didn't like the movie, but I liked the scene she was in. She was funny for all of her 4 seconds of screen time.

And, you know, hot.

Joe Brody

sandiegojones said:
Lucas gave all of his kids little cameos in the SW prequels. None of them were distracting.

Coppola on the other hand....

But to Ms. Coppola's credit -- she works to make an engaging film.

Niteshade007 said:

I totally agree. However, I take the family presence -- coupled with Frank Marshal's comments (about Indy films being like a family get together) -- as evidence that the making of an Indiana Jones movie is no longer about making a quality film. For Spielberg, Kennedy, Marshall and Lucas -- making an Indy film means a time to relax, kick the brain in neutral, and escape the rigors of normal filmaking.

Last edited:

Kingsley

Joe Brody said:
I totally agree. However, I take the family presence -- coupled with Frank Marshal's comments (about Indy films being like a family get together) -- as evidence that the making of an Indiana Jones movie is no longer about making a quality film. For Spielberg, Kennedy, Marshall and Lucas -- making an Indy film means a time to relax, kick the brain in neutral, and escape the rigors of normal filmaking.
I agree. But even in neutral they could make a better movie than Kotcs.
The sad thing is that they don't care about the quality of the script either.