Photocaps of the Amiopticist

Gear

I don't pretend to be anything above a noobie photographer, but rather take pictures of and for my own interests while building skill. Here are four of mine I wanted to share that I'm quite pleased with, I may discuss why exactly later. I'm aware the clarity isn't perfect, I used the best medium I have available.

You're free to leave advice, comments, or nothing at all.

1246944221.jpg

1246944288.jpg

1246943937.jpg

1246943730.jpg

Gear

Three more...

1247699642.jpg

1247700158.jpg

1247699390.jpg

(should this thread become too heavy, idunno, someone lemme know or whatever)

DocWhiskey

Heavy?

Is there something wrong with the earth's gravitational pull? :p

Anyway, Yeah, I'm not a photographer either (I took in in high school years ago and got a D) But these look pretty darn cool to me.

Gear

Thanks, Doc.

DocWhiskey said:
Heavy?

Is there something wrong with the earth's gravitational pull? :p

Yeah, y'know, like if it takes forever to load or doesn't do so correctly.

Here's one other.
1246943671.jpg

Gear

I'm still really on the fence with this one. Here's the original, crisp one, as apposed to the surreal, glossy one above. Any feedback?

car2.jpg

This one probably only appeals to myself.

100_0167.jpg

Apple of my AF 3x optical aspheric lens.
100_0121.jpg

deckard24

Nice pics Gear!:hat:

As for the one of the old car in the parking lot, I'd have to say I like the cleaner unedited one. There's just something about that pic that is intriguing and a little creepy at the same time. I really like how slightly decayed everything is, from the chipped paint on the building and the creeping ivy, to the rusted faded finish on the car.

Gear

Hey, thanks.

I'm inclined to agree with you. I also really digg the refractions and subtle color variety in the light that was captured. Plus, the fact that the Falcon's parked in a "NO PARKING" lot adds something, then there's the organism whom I was unaware of watching me until I later examined the picture.

1254529834.jpg

And here's one I captured from my school. Silly, I know, but it isn't staged.
FAIL2.jpg

Last edited:

Gear

Some of my links got broken, these are the two I thought best out of that lot.

1246943730.jpg

1246944221.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

100_0585.jpg

100_0582.jpg

KiKi Kat

4084432375_a6f1932af8.jpg

Here's a spider pic I done..It's one of my favorites.

4085188696_6e1c2e5425.jpg

An old house from down the road.

4085187114_75e2dc192a.jpg

I like this one alot too.

Gear

KiKi Kat said:
4084432375_a6f1932af8.jpg

Here's a spider pic I done..It's one of my favorites.

This one's also my favorite. A little fuzzy and washed, especially on the 'victim', but the shallow depth and envelopment of the blackness make it appear especially wicked, more so on a shot of a spider, one of my favorite subjects.

Like a surprise from a shadowed room.

This thread can be re-named, if you want.

KiKi Kat

Gear said:
This one's also my favorite. A little fuzzy and washed, especially on the 'victim', but the shallow depth and envelopment of the blackness make it appear especially wicked, more so on a shot of a spider, one of my favorite subjects.

Like a surprise from a shadowed room.

Thanks! I wish I could have gotten a clearer shot of the 'victim' but I had to be quick. I love tryin to get the macro shots. I actually took that on on my porch. Those are some nice pics you took of the railroad and creek. My favorite one is the one with the railroad crossin sign.

The_Raiders

My favorite is the photo with the old car. Makes me think back on what it would be like to live in those days. Now I am a realy noob photographer, but heres some I have taken.
(Sorry if they are too big)

PIC_0679.jpg

PIC_0778.jpg

PIC_0980.jpg

PIC_0681.jpg

PIC_0990.jpg

Dr Bones

Really like the pic of the car and the railway cars.

Something just deeply intereseting almost historical about them.