Harry Johnson Indyesque comic

-ND-

It was a comic book that coppied Indiana Jones in everyway. It starred a hero who wore Indy's hat, shirt, and pants. He did not have a leather jacket, but had brown over-all straps. He carried a revolver. He had a "Marion copycat" for a sidekick. The comic was set in the 1930s. The duo went after many treasures and went through tombs. Without reading it, you can guess that story involved the heroes running into a rival treasure hunter or a military officer who commanded a legion of troops.

All in all, there was almost nothing original about this comic and was a total rip-off of Indy and yet...I want to read it. Anyone remember this at all? It was released between 2003-2005. I saw the comic creator being interviewed on the show, Electric Playground.

If anyone finds artwork related to my description, or the actual comic, please post. I've researched, and haven't found it yet. I'm guessing the series didn't make it far.

CartoonistChris

Could this be it?

cover2_lg.jpg

There are so very, very, very many Indiana Jones rippoff comics that it's hard to keep track, but this is the first one that sprang to my mind. It was called Harry Johnson, Uncouth Sleuth, and I've only ever seen covers online, never any of the actual comics themselves. But it's from the years you're describing.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Moedred said:
Title changed.

Explicit content?

I flicked through it but didn't see anthing that I thought was explict in the visuals. If it's gulity of anything it's is the poor sexual induendo and juvenile jokes.

If it was a movie it would be Rob Schinder.

Johnny Jones

Yes according to what I've read there is no blood or language, but it is packed to the brim with sexual jokes including puns on most of the characters' names. The only objectionable visual mentioned is one part where - um - something falls out of someone's purse. One review I saw complained about how every joke is hammered into the reader's skull and the book seems dedicated only to cramming in as many as possible.