costume help?

Jay R. Zay

JediofRohan said:
I want to be Indy for Halloween. Any ideas on how to get a costume started?:)

no idea. probably depends on what indy looks like. do you have a picture of this guy?

Jay R. Zay

JediofRohan said:
i was kinda going his trademark look, the jacket, shirt, pants, and fedora!:whip:

perhaps you could start with the jacket, then go on with the shirt and the pants and finish the arrangement with a fedora?

Gustav

I dressed up as Indy to a birthday party one time and I wore a fedora, a brown leather jacket, dark brown pants, and a light coloured shirt. I had a whip too with a whip holder on my belt. I also wore dark brown shoes but I don't know what they were called or anything. The only things I didn't have were the bag and the revolver. The jacket was a little shorter than the one he wears in the films and it didn't have the two pockets in the front or the adjustment straps on the sides. I have yet to find the perfect jacket.
Anyway, that's what I did and everybody knew right away who I was. The hardest thing to find would probably be a whip holder. Maybe if you find a place that sells real whips you'll find some.

Gustav

All right now that's what I'm talking about. I shall have to buy from wested if I want the right jacket. I like the TOD jacket the best, but they have a lambskin pictured and that's much too soft for the hardcore adventuring that I'm accustomed to. My own jacket is cow hide so I know it's pretty tough, but is goat skin tougher or softer than cow hide?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
According to Peter Botwright, the owner of Wested Leather Co, they were all Authentic Brown Lambskin. Some guys think that lamb was stronger back in the 80s and the current goatskin is closer to the original strength than lamb.

Gustav

I would say so. I have two lambskin jackets and they are both very soft. But maybe Wested makes their lambskin tougher. It could be that they chose lambskin to give it a more lived-in look in the films.