Ideas For New Indy Actor

Indy&HanFan

Nurhachi1991 said:
I said this before and I will say it again.

I wish they would do a TV series with Mutt like the adventures of Young Indy.

Mutt could interact with important people of the 60s-70s like Martin Luther King ect.

Shia could do the role he isn't that big of an actor yet so he could easily do a tv series.

i'd say this is probably the best idea i've read so far

I say it ends with Ford. Unlike Superman, James Bond, and Batman, Indiana Jones does not exist without Harrison Ford. Indy was created as a movie character, first embodied by Ford. Those other characters existed in comic books and novels first. They, in a sense, transcend the actor who plays them. On the other hand, Indy is a screen creation, originally existing on film.

IndyFanSince3

Nobody can do it better

Harrison Ford is IndianaJones . I just couldn't imagine anyone else playing him. Yeah, other adventure film characters are similar, but there's only one Indy and there's only one Harrison Ford.

If they made a movie with anyone else playing Indy, I wouldn't see it.

Lance Quazar

While I definitely don't want to see Indy recast (and, after KotCS, I don't want to see any new Indy projects ever), if I HAD to pick someone, I think the only choice would be Nathan Fillion.

Major West

jamesdude said:
How about Tom Welling as Indiana Jones, he looks alot like a young Harrison Ford:

tom-welling-20071216-351884.jpg

He looks nothing like him.

No Ticket

Unfortunately, as much as people compare Bond and Indy. I really don't think they're the same thing. And I really think we don't need to have 20+ Indy adventures in the future.

The series, as far as film is concerned, for anytime in the near future should just end with Ford. I've never liked the YIJC, and I think for the most part it's because I'm not watching Ford as Indy so I never really got into it that much. This isn't the only reason, but I'm not getting into that.

He just is the character of Indy, to me. Much of who Indy is is the mannerisms of Harrison Ford. Anybody else in that fedora is just that. Somebody wearing Indy's fedora.

The Man

Ford needs no replacement. Hell, he even shone in Crystal Skull. If Indy V does happen, he could be into seventies. Doesn't matter. Harrison in a wheelchair is better than a younger upgrade pissing on the legacy. And shoving Shia LaBeouf into Indy's spotlight is equally sacrilegious.

Insomniac

Kevin said:
For his time, Ford was a great choice, but I think Robert Redford could have pulled it off too.

robert.jpg

If ROTLA was made in 2008 rather than 1981, I think Aaron Eckhart would have made a good Indy.

blackdahlia.jpg
You beat me to the punch Aaron Eckhart wold kick a$$!:hat:

StoneTriple

It goes without saying - but I will anyway - I'd be perfectly fine with the series being Ford-only. However, I could definitely see Eckhart playing Indy. Take the films back to the Raiders style of Indy being a little edgier.

Some of the McCoy novels would be great stories just as they are. Philosophers Stone and Secret Of The Sphinx would be perfect. They're dark and gritty stories the way Raiders is. They also take place just a few years before Raiders, so there wouldn't be an age issue.

"You want to talk to God? Let's go see him together, I've got nothing better to do. "

Eckhart_30sIndy.jpg

Dr Bones

I don't like the idea of anyone replacing HF but I guess nobody could get used to the idea of anyone but Connery being Bond, but they did it time and time again and Bond is still big time forty years on....

Look at the uproar when Brosnan was replaced by Craig...Now everyone is loving Craig.

Instead of the Indy passing on the role to Mutt idea it my well happen HF gets replaced and it may even happen that some fans prefer the new Indy. Like I said, hard to accept now...but who knows in the future?

Reboots are ten a penny these days but they just keep on coming...Indy may well be next.

:confused:

StoneTriple

Dr Bones said:
Reboots are ten a penny these days but...

So is using the term reboot for a prequel. Indy wouldn't have to be "rebooted". Considering the myriad of possible stories in the 12 novels and the unexplored early 30s, a prequel with a different actor would work very well just as a good adventure film.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
StoneTriple said:
So is using the term reboot for a prequel. Indy wouldn't have to be "rebooted". Considering the myriad of possible stories in the 12 novels and the unexplored early 30s, a prequel with a different actor would work very well just as a good adventure film.

That's where I want the franchise to go! I wanna to see what happened in 25/26!!!

You know what I talking about....

And a couple of WW2 adventures would be nice too, with Mac.

And I love pretty much all the novels with a couple of exceptions (Sky Pirates should be avoided completely and Interior World is just too weird, White Witch however is a much better story than SP, and is more Indy like and I wouldn't mind it being turned into a film or telemovie). I've always felt that a mini series would be fitting for the novels especially for MacGregor's because of continuity and McCoy's, again because of the continuity in between his books.

In terms of an actor though, I don't know who should play Indy other than WW2 Indy, which would be SPF. For 1920s Indy, I did like Luke Ford (from Mummy 3) very much. He could do 1920s Indy and believe me, he played Alex who is a lot tougher than Mutt, so I believe he could pull it off. And the fact that he was hot in Mummy 3, certainly has pushed my vote in his direction, lol.