Ideas For New Indy Actor

EddyW

I think I've said it before,but if it was up to me, I'd ask Eric Bana. I'm pretty sure he could pull it of and he even looks like (a younger, gruffier, TOD) Indy.

hector.jpg

What do you think? With the right lighting and a fedora over this we could have Indy kicking Nazi's for a long time to come.
photo_17.jpg

SPF=Sean Patrick Flannery

Young Indiana Jones! I think a series set in the 30s with him as Indy would be good. I used to think he didn't look much like Harrison Ford, but now that he's older, there is definitely a resemblance. Take a loof at Raiders era Harrison Ford and SPF now.

Also, I think Dennis Quaid could do a 1940s Indy (looked very Indy-ish in the Flight of the Phoenix remake, that's what sold me), but I'd rather see SPF in the 30s if we're not going to have Harrison Ford.

Morning Bell

I'm not thrilled with the idea of anyone replacing Ford, although I do think some actors like Bruce Campbell and David Duchovny would do a respectable job.

Dr Bones

EddyW said:
I think I've said it before,but if it was up to me, I'd ask Eric Bana. I'm pretty sure he could pull it of and he even looks like (a younger, gruffier, TOD) Indy.

hector.jpg

What do you think? With the right lighting and a fedora over this we could have Indy kicking Nazi's for a long time to come.
photo_17.jpg

Devil's advocate here...

He does look a little like HF in the bottom pic but just becuase he has a passing resemblence doesn't mean he is the right guy for the role or even that HF should be replaced.

Bana has been real hit and miss in the films I have seen him in. He was dull in the dull Troy and as for Hulk....:sick:

Brandon Routh was cast as Supes due to his Reeve likeness (obviously Reeve was picked for his Supes likeness!) but it was a bad film and the casting of Routh alone couldn't save it.

But IMHO give Bana a decent movie, plot, script, director, supporting cast etc etc..then why not.(y)

That said Bana or anyone else need to make the role their own..a Harrison immitator would be just awful...(Routh!)

caats

after seeing Star Trek. a reboot/recast down the line could be awesome. but i think we're a while off from it. maybe in like 15 years or so. Star Trek has swung my opinion on an Indy reboot in favor of it. and also, Chris Pine might not look like Ford, but he's definitely in the same mold when it comes to acting. Good looking leading man who can do tough, but at the same time can do humor. and his yell is very Ford like. haha. i'm sure there'll be somebody else similar come out in the next 15 years.

kongisking

If they were to do a Remake or Reboot of the character, my list of possible actors would be:

Hugh Jackman (He definitely has the Bad-Ass Factor...)

Josh Lucas (Very good at tough, loner, smart-mouthed dudes; could be good as TOD's Indy)

Dennis Quaid (looks a LOT like Harrison!!!)

Chris Pine (from what I've heard, he used Indy and Han Solo as inspiration for his performance as Kirk.)

Hell with it, maybe even Aaron Eckhart*...

* He'd make a GREAT Steve Rogers (AKA Captain America) too!!!!!

caats

i believe that for Pine. Pine would be my only choice. He seemed a lot like Indy. the way he yelled, and the way he ran and screamed reminded me of the start of Raiders when Indy ran to the plane.

indytim

Would Bradley Cooper make a good Indy?

Of course, no-one but the great Mr Ford could ever truly play Indy but I was thinking if another actor was ever cast to fill those well-trodden boots on the silver screen then maybe Bradley Cooper wouldn't be such a bad choice. I wasn't much of a fan when I first saw him in Alias but in his recent movie work Bradley has displayed that kind of rugged charm and cocksure yet fallible swagger that smacks of Indy. Just a thought :hat:

bradley_cooper_actor.jpg

DocWhiskey

Not a big fan of Bradley Cooper. At least in the roles that I've seen him in. He comes off as a real douche for the lack of a better word. Again, it could be because of the roles he plays.

indycast

After seeing Inception for a second time - I think Tom Hardy could make a fine Indy - but of course there is no one but Harrison that could make it work!

tom-hardy-inception-photo.jpg

Mickiana

Just saw Limitless and enjoyed it as a good romp. The scene when he is tearing through some sea side town in a fast sports car looking tanned with a couple days of stubble made me think he could be a good Indy.

Indy Scout 117

see i think it'd be difficult for anyone to take on the Indy role other than Harrison Ford. Ford knows how to play a hero role superbly. y'know how actors/actresses are best known for a specific kinda role, like hero, villain, damsel in distress, etc? you'd need someone who would A) look like Harrison Ford and B) know how to play a hero role like it's nobody's business. it'd be difficult to find someone like that, that i know of at least.

Darth Vile

I think you have to be mindful that we're talking about a casting of an actor to play Indiana Jones and not Harrison Ford. The lines are blurred because, to most of us here, Ford is Indiana Jones... but for me it would be a mistake to automatically gravitate to someone who resembles Ford (be it physically or a similarity between characters they've portrayed).