Superman: Man of Steel

How should the Superman franchise continue?

• Let Singer's franchise continue

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • Let Millar's revamp take place

Votes: 32 52.5%

• Total voters

kongisking

Thank God. In my opinion, the trunks always looked utterly silly. If this is to be a more realistic take on Supes, like they say, then this makes total sense. So please calm down, any pissed-off fanboys. For the record, I didn't give a damn about flames on Optimus either.

JP Jones

kongisking said:
Thank God. In my opinion, the trunks always looked utterly silly. If this is to be a more realistic take on Supes, like they say, then this makes total sense. So please calm down, any pissed-off fanboys. For the record, I didn't give a damn about flames on Optimus either.
Who said that it's going to be more "realistic"? Anyway, why does removing the trunks make it realistic?

My impression is that the film is more serious (not realistic) and underwear on the outside isn't serious enough.

JP Jones

shazamtd

I'm a Superman nut and I can live with the changes to the costume.
They're just subtle enough that they don't stick out like a sore thumb.

kongisking

shazamtd said:
Relax. This this was just a rumor started earlier this year. There is no truth to it at all. :cool:

Huh. I was under the impression it was recent news. Whoops. Oh well, at least the thread got bumped!

JP Jones

Here's a question. Is the official title for the film "Man of Steel" or "Superman: Man of Steel"? If it's Man of Steel, I swear I'm smashing my moniter.:mad:

shazamtd

JP Jones said:
Here's a question. Is the official title for the film "Man of Steel" or "Superman: Man of Steel"? If it's Man of Steel, I swear I'm smashing my moniter.:mad:
Officially it's "Man of Steel".
Why would you smash your monitor over that? I think it's great! It's like "The Dark Knight". (y)

JP Jones

shazamtd said:
Officially it's "Man of Steel".
Why would you smash your monitor over that? I think it's great! It's like "The Dark Knight". (y)
Exactly. It's a full blown Dark Knight copycat. You can't just put Superman in it? DAMN!:mad:

shazamtd

JP Jones said:
Exactly. It's a full blown Dark Knight copycat. You can't just put Superman in it? DAMN!:mad:
I'm sorry you feel that way. :( I'm a bigger Superman fan than anything and I'm fine with it.
My guess is that it's a marketing ploy. They used Batman's nickname. So, why not use Superman's nickname so they go together? :confused:

JP Jones

featofstrength said:
Full blown copycat? Check out the Amazing Spider-man trailer...(n)
The title is what I was referring to. Anyway, I'll just call this one Superman: Man of Steel just like I call TDKR Batman Rises.

Jenny Olsen?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/22/jimmy-olsen-could-be-very-different-in-man-of-steel

love the pic they used with this rumor/story...seems appropriate for the film so far...
supermans-pal-jimmy-olsen-cover125.jpg

Le Saboteur

In other related Superman news, the trailer for the forthcoming animated adventure, Superman Unbound, has hit the 'net. I'm not entirely keen on Clark's design, but the animation looks splendid. Matt Bomer does a good Superman voice as well.

<iframe width="630" height="354" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EpnT__PBd6Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Super Girl's always a welcome addition.

Also:

kongisking's favourite person ever has finally been shown in her role as Lois Lane. A red-headed Lois? Okay!

lois-lane-man-of-steel-580x369.jpg

kongisking

Le Saboteur said:
In other related Superman news, the trailer for the forthcoming animated adventure, Superman Unbound, has hit the 'net. I'm not entirely keen on Clark's design, but the animation looks splendid. Matt Bomer does a good Superman voice as well.

<iframe width="630" height="354" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EpnT__PBd6Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Super Girl's always a welcome addition.

Also:

kongisking's favourite person ever has finally been shown in her role as Lois Lane. A red-headed Lois? Okay!

lois-lane-man-of-steel-580x369.jpg

I don't mind the hair color. If she is great in the part, which I'm absolutely confident she will be, then any differences from the comics become irrelevant, IMO.

And it's nice to see my infamy growing...:cool: