Indy 5 Villain?

avidfilmbuff

I know something like this was already done for Temple of Doom, but I would love to see Indy go up against a satanic cult. Christopher Lee would be the ideal actor to play the head priest.

AnImaginaryBoy

I like the idea of a rogue American general or something, maybe teamed up with some evil British person too? There hasn't been a British baddy in an Indy film so far, unless I'm missing somebody incredibly obvious...

Attila the Professor

Staff member
AnImaginaryBoy said:
I like the idea of a rogue American general or something, maybe teamed up with some evil British person too? There hasn't been a British baddy in an Indy film so far, unless I'm missing somebody incredibly obvious...

Mac, although, yeah, he does straddle the line a bit.

AnImaginaryBoy

Attila the Professor said:
Mac, although, yeah, he does straddle the line a bit.

I knew I was forgotting somebody! Mind you, I suppose he's not the main villian, so I'm still almost vaguely right, if you squint. :eek:

MartyB

Indiana Jones 5 NEEDS The Nazi's

One thing i think is very important in Indiana Jones films are the baddies. the Nazi's were superb and so where Indiana Jones 1 & 3.

Hopefully we will see Indy in deserts again fighting the Nazi's. Maybe it could be set during WW2?

www.ufoevolution.com (New UFO Website)
www.gameverdict.com (New Videogame Website)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nazi's can still be done in the 50's...interestingly enough a great Movie they might want to take a lesson from is The Marathon Man.

Indy has his OSS/CIA friends/contacts, to see him in Argentina come across some Nazi in hiding would be pretty cool.

You could make it a sort of Nazi experimenting on villagers that he saves...blah blah...

Jorbex

Nazi's would be great, but I think Harrison's simply too old to set the movie in WWII. If Indy was born in 1899, he would have been 46 at the end of the war. Harrison just turned 67; a twenty year difference is just too much.

Maybe using post-WWII nazis as villians might work, though. Something like The Boys From Brazil, but cool. ;)

lao che & sons

Maybe. But I just can't see harrison ford getting that much younger. I can see a 2 or 3 year prequal maybe but that's about as far as it gets. If they do nazis they have to be like a new nazi group in like 1954. The nazi's are trying to start up again so they go out looking for an artifact that can bring the dead back to life. And I want to see this be in Rome or greece.

Jorbex

Rocket Surgeon said:
Nazi's can still be done in the 50's...interestingly enough a great Movie they might want to take a lesson from is The Marathon Man.

Indy has his OSS/CIA friends/contacts, to see him in Argentina come across some Nazi in hiding would be pretty cool.

You could make it a sort of Nazi experimenting on villagers that he saves...blah blah...
Great minds think alike, I guess! (y)

Zeppelin

Harrison Ford today playing 30s/40s-era Indy would not be believable. So it would have to be some 50s-era Nazi wannabes or something. However, I can't see them actually going in that direction.

DocWhiskey

Forget Nazis! They're done, man.

WWII is over. Let's get some new baddies on the Indy spectrum.

The Russians weren't bad, I wouldn't mind something on a smaller scale like an evil cult or brotherhood.

The Yakuza would be cool (that is if Indy 5 has a brief Japan adventure). Maybe they could play up another rival archeologist angle? Or poachers. Pirates. The possibilities of enemies are limitless really (except dinosaurs. No dinosaurs). SO why pick ones that already had 2 movies?

lao che & sons

DocWhiskey said:

The Russians weren't bad, I wouldn't mind something on a smaller scale like an evil cult or brotherhood.

The Yakuza would be cool (that is if Indy 5 has a brief Japan adventure). Maybe they could play up another rival archeologist angle? Or poachers. Pirates. The possibilities of enemies are limitless really (except dinosaurs. No dinosaurs). SO why pick ones that already had 2 movies?

I thought the yakuzas were the 40s. Or were they they in the 50s too? I would like to see a non miltary thing. and a gang is a good idea.

Lance Quazar

DocWhiskey said:

^What he said. (y)

Jorbex

I'd be totally down with commies being the bad guys again; it makes perfect sense for the fifties.

To have an opening adventure where he meets a hiding Nazi would be a good introduction to here we go again...which might end up being his phrase in the movie.

Then bumping head with the soviets would be cool...if they took it serious this time...

Lance Quazar

Rocket Surgeon said:
To have an opening adventure where he meets a hiding Nazi would be a good introduction to here we go again...which might end up being his phrase in the movie.

Then bumping head with the soviets would be cool...if they took it serious this time...

That's the only way I could see it working, if it was just in the prologue scene, but not the body of the movie.

Frankly, Nazis are boring at this point and have been done to death in the Indy verse, not just the films, but countless ancillary products, as well.

And the only thing more boring than Nazis would be Nazis in hiding. Without Hitler and without an actual, you know, ARMY to back them up, what's so scary about a bunch of middle-aged loonies hiding in the jungle?

I would love the franchise to actually do something interesting and different, not go over the same ground again. Fortunately, Spielberg himself has said he wouldn't do Nazis again in a light-hearted film after making movies like "Schindler's List".

Russians aren't a bad idea per se, as much as I didn't like KOTCS, but I have trouble getting too excited by the prospect.

What we need is some fresh, outside the box thinking if the film franchise is going to continue.

MartyB

Maybe it could be set in Argentina. Thats where loads of Nazi's went. Including Hitler, if you believe into all that stuff.

MartyB

Actually, couldn't it be just set in the 30's again, but digitally make Harrison Ford younger. You would only have to remove a few wrinkles.