Indiana Jones 5: July 19, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFedora

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-announces-fifth-indiana-jones-875794

Disney has unveiled plans for its fifth Indiana Jones movie starring Harrison Ford and directed by Steven Spielberg.

The film has been dated for July 19, 2019.

More to come.

I am so excited. So unbelievably excited. Finally. Indy 5. After so long of waiting...finally.

Edit: The official press release:

The release from the studio describes “a fifth epic adventure in the blockbuster series,” adding: “Steven Spielberg, who directed all four previous films, will helm the as-yet-untitled project with star Harrison Ford reprising his iconic role. Franchise veterans Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall will produce.”

The release continues:

“Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can’t wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019,” said Alan Horn, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios. “It’s rare to have such a perfect combination of director, producers, actor and role, and we couldn’t be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven.”

“Famed archaeologist and explorer Indiana Jones was introduced in 1981’s Raiders of the Lost Ark – one of AFI’s 100 Greatest American Films of All Time – and later thrilled audiences in 1984’s Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, 1989’s Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and 2008’s Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The four films have brought in nearly $2 billion at the global box office.”

Further confirmation from the Disney website.

Last edited:

WeAreGoingToDie

Hooray!

I haven't been on the boards in a while, but I had to log in to say that.

As production ramps up, I'll be sure to show my face here more often.

James

My local theater didn't know anything about this and asked me to leave once I became hysterical.

2zy95ok.jpg

Zorg

Woooohooooo!

Likewise, haven't really been to the board in a loooong time, but I knew this is where the party would be :gun: :whip:

First question in my mind is: Who will write the screenplay?

Pale Horse

Staff member
Well well well, sometimes I am wrong.

Eat+Crow.jpg

Take note boys and girls, it doesn't happen often. But when it does, I'm quick to make it right.

It's gonna be a long 3 years.

OldIndy2323

So super psyched! an Indy 5 filmed back to back with an Indy 6 and set in the late 70's / early 80's would bring the entire saga (including the Young Indy series) to a great close.

And wouldn't it be great if it's set in 1981 and Indy is in a chase scene that goes past a theater playing "Raiders"

Goonie

Just watch, Disney will make it based on their Disneyland ride, to cram more people into an already overcrowded park.

This being Harrison's last (most likely), would be nice to do an epic story, maybe a two-parter. A smaller MacGuffin in part 1 that leads to finding a bigger MacGuffin in part 2.

TheLastCrusader

I came here because of this wonderful news. I believe in an Indy 5, it can work. I'll be able to forgive and forget that 4th.. thing, whatever that was.

As for a screenwriter, I'd choose Lawrence Kasdan.

EvilDevo

My first day on my first trip to Orlando today, and I thought seeing the stunt spectacular was going to be the best thing to happen this vacation. INDY V!!! (y)

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Pale Horse said:

Eat+Crow.jpg

Take note boys and girls, it doesn't happen often. But when it does, I'm quick to make it right.

Crow isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

IndyForever

Always knew it even when the so called fans on these boards wanted to see some pratt (n) in the part & hated the idea of Harrison returning :rolleyes:

I wonder if those so called fans will now leave this board forever (I hope) or just accept what many of us said years ago. Harrison IS Indiana Jones & Spielberg said he always will be so that's good enough for me :whip:

I hope the 3 years is used to prep a story which is a cliffhanger 2 parter filmed back to back as clearly Harrison is not going to make more than 2 movies to complete a 2nd trilogy (y)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Pale Horse said:

Eat+Crow.jpg

Just when we thought it was safe to go back in the Himalayas.

I don't know that I ever made a definitive statement on whether Ford and Spielberg had a future with the character, but neither this outcome nor the total reboot option were going to be much of a surprise. Ample precedent for both.

Anyway, on the off-chance anyone official is looking here for our reactions, didn't somebody put together a compendium of links to our best musings on what a fifth film could offer?

We dig snow, Alfred Hitchcock, and noir. Also something called the Dial of Ahaz, along with this picture:

2851420726_b336f8d331.jpg

Oh, and maybe go farther away than Hawaii for principal filming? You done good by the Western Hemisphere last time around. Easy way to avoid delving too deep on that family drama, too.

Last edited:

kevster

Thank god... Finally the word is out! :whip:
Amazing that it's really happening, 2019 seems a long way from now,
Let's hope they start filming soon! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.