Should we just give up on Harrison?

Willie Hott

Face_Palm said:
Even that pales in comparison with what Lucasfilm did with Tarkin. Wow.. amazing. I went to see the film with people who had never seen "A New Hope" and none of them even knew he wasn't "real".
That's cool.

Honestly, Spielberg and company have a plan. Pushing this off one more year may be a blessing in disguise. I'm hoping for one of the best Indys we could ever hope for. I would love a Godfather 2 format, bouncing back and forth from older Indy to younger Indy with Harrison playing both.

Gear

Willie Hott said:
I would love a Godfather 2 format, bouncing back and forth from older Indy to younger Indy with Harrison playing both.

How much younger an Indy are you thinking??

Raiders112390 said:
I just wish they were shooting two films back to back. 6 is just such a nicer number to end his tenure on.

Numerology, black magick and Hollywood. I like this Indy 5 premise, so far.

Face_Melt

Gear said:

Numerology, black magick and Hollywood. I like this Indy 5 premise, so far.

I like 6. A younger Ford trilogy and an older Ford trilogy.

Willie Hott

Gear said:
It could be anywhere from just a few years prior to Temple of Doom, or even a little earlier when he would have met Abner. Seeing Indy and Abner meet, then watching Abner showing him the ropes, grooming him as an archeologist, highlighting Indy's natural abilities as an archeologist, honing his craft.. We could see Indy fall in love with Marion and then leave her.. We could see Indy catching Short Round pick pocketing him and how their friendship started.. Many possibilities.

Hanselation

Status of David Koepp's Indy 5 script?

Looking for the news about Indy 5 the last days, weeks,month and years I wonder that there is not much written about "confirming a story line or at least a plot" and there is no information about the "work progress of the script".

Nowhere I've found that there was mentioned something that Spielberg/Ford/Koepp/Disney have had a conversation about the story.

Frank Marshall's tweets would be a good indicator for that, but there are no tweets about Indy 5 from LeDoctor.

It was said that David Koepp will write the script, but my understanding for now is, that there isn't even a plotline agreed by the participants.
And if there is now no development with the plot, the story and the script, I fear, Indy 5 will not happen anymore.

Now it's nearly mid of 2017, so in my mind, it is already today very unrealistic to develop a new (acceptable) Indiana Jones 5 movie that will be on the big screen in 3 years.

Maybe for us 40+ it's time to grow up and finally learning to be an adult... Bye bye childhood!;)

AndyLGR

Digital "de-aging" of an actor seems to be a technology thats progressing, I wonder if this an option for any potential scenes that could feature a younger versions of Harrison?

Willie Hott

Gear said:
And Harrison would play both roles, including the Indy of prior to ToD?
Absolutely. Movie technology already makes it possible, and by the time they start shooting, it will be even more convincing.

seasider

I'm sure with digital deaging, you make Harrison look younger but the voice he has now is a little different than the voice he had 30 years ago and I'm sure he doesn't move quite the same way either.

Z dweller

Re: digital de-aging

I seriously doubt this has any chance of happening, regardless of how convincing it may look.

It would completely fly in the face of Lucas' "quick and dirty" approach that originally drew Spielberg to the Raiders project.
Despite the fact that George is probably not going to have an active involvement in Indy 5, Steven would be loath to do something so radically removed from the original spirit of the film series.

As for Ford, he wouldn't even dye his hair in KOTCS... I really don't see him going for digital de-aging, it's just not his style.

Last edited by a moderator:

Willie Hott

Z dweller said:
I seriously doubt this has any chance of happening, regardless of how convincing it may look.

It would completely fly in the face of Lucas' "quick and dirty" approach that originally drew Spielberg to the Raiders project.
Despite the fact that George is probably not going to have an active involvement in Indy 5, Steven would be loath to do something so radically removed from the original spirit of the film series.

As for Ford, he wouldn't even dye his hair in KOTCS... I really don't see him going for digital de-aging, it's just not his style.
"Quick and Dirty" pretty much went out the window with Crystal Skull. But your Harrison Ford point is definitely noteworthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

IndyBuff

I can't see they doing too much with de-aging technology. I'd prefer they work with Ford's age and base a reasonable story around it.

moon_tan

I'm very disappointed by Steven Spielberg changing the release date of Indiana Jones 5 to July 10, 2020. I really have my doubts about Harrison Ford actually being able to be in it and if it will be fun and enjoyable.
By not releasing Indiana Jones 5 in 2019 now means that they won't have their record of having released an Indiana Jones movie in every decade since 1981.
Oh, how I wish Disney could release an Indiana Jones movie every 2 years. Spielberg and George Lucas could never agree on anything and so we never got more Indiana Jones movies.
Why delay Indiana Jones to 2020?. Like what does Harrison Ford have to do now? He has already finished Blade Runner 2049 and we have been told he won't be in the next Star Wars movies. (Yes, I would love for Han Solo to be alive).
So, is Harrison Ford just suppose to sit around and wait for Spielberg to be ready to film Indiana Jones 5? What if Ford has another plane crash? Harrison Ford is getting too old to jump around. They will have to prop him up with a broom stick? Spielberg wants Harrison Ford to look so old and not be so strong looking anymore. That's what it is. He never liked Harrison Ford having more energy than him. Spielberg has been jealous of Ford.
I think Harrison Ford should be Executive Producer of Indiana Jones and make the movie happen for himself.
I guess the problem is they can't find "something" for Indy to look for. On The Librarians tv series (TNT), they don't seem to have any problems with the cast finding a new item every week.

Last edited:

moon_tan

Face_Palm said:
True. Maybe he meant the only decade Harrison hasn't played Indy.
I'm sorry for my ranting and raving yesterday. I was sleepy. I confess, I made a mistake. You are right there was no Indiana Jones movie in the 1990's, however, Harrison Ford did play "Indiana Jones" at the age of 50 in the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, March 13, 1993, in the episode "Young Indiana Jones and the Mystery of the Blues.
Thanks for correcting me.

Kai Hagen

An Indiana Jones movie wouldn't be an Indiana Jones movie without Harrison Ford. At least have him appear in a minor role as an old Indiana Jones.