Did the Man really walk on the Moon?

Kingsley

Knowing there are so different opinions at this board, I think this question can generate debate. So many conspirative theories doubt about this event, which defined the space race between USA and USSR and might be reflected in Indy (Sputnik was send to orbit earth in 1957).

I myself find it hard to believe that such a thing could have been faked in a hollywood studio to reach a moral victory over communism. But we are talking about almost 40 years ago... why didn't we return to the moon since then? Technology was developed a lot since then, and it seems still a very complicated thing to do. If in the 60's the man could walk in the moon, it should be possible to install a McDonalds in the moon now, right? ;)

Michael24

I find many of the anti-man-on-the-moon conspiracy theories hard to swallow and easy to disprove. I believe we landed on the Moon.

Gear

Oh god, I'm glad people are talking about this subject. Last year I wrote a paper supporting the "moon hoax" but also giving alternent explanations. Personaly I think it was probably a hoax. Just look at the Apollo photos. For instance: in my science text book for 'science class' it has a picture of an astronaught on the moon next to his lunar modual (I dont know which Apollo moon mission it is though) and starting at the American flag is is a "shadow" which corisponds with the position of the flag pole but as it nears a rock it curvers and wiggles then disappears; looking to me like a wire on a set.

You should google "the lunar landing hoax". REALLY interesting...

My mother has a friend who was recruted from college to work for the government as a scientist because, obviusly, she was very, very intellegent. She has said that man did NOT jurney to the moon for the first time in 1969 but instead some time in the '50's or late 40's; WAY more than likely by using Hitlers space aronaughtics scientist whom we took after the war. She also said that there were many atempts to reach the moon before they were succesful- many of which had tradic results; aparently, on one attempt, they miss calculated the luanch and the ship- crew and all over shot the moon and drifted off into space with no way to save them.
If all this is true than DUH- they have a base up there- like how there are hiden basses all over the globe.
There are many reasons as to why they would fake a lunar landing in 1969:
one, perhaps, to reasure dishearted Americans that their govenment "beat the Russians" (this would be to, like I said, gain loyalty from us during the mess of Veitnam)....

Please look it up on line.... very interesting...

intergamer

No. It wasn't a hoax. This from somebody who personally knows many engineers and managers on the apollo missions. It's easy to understand why we coudn't get back to the moon now for much cheaper (computer chips doesn't make fuel less expensive, for a start, and we haven't been funding that kind of propulsion research). You can find point by point rebuttals of your faked moon landing arguments online.

Seriously, I can't believe people still believe this..

indy34

They did walk on the moon! Serously imagine how many people you would have to keep quiet about it it would be imposible and the americans sent some of their rock samples to russia to compair them with theirs they were both the same who else would want to prove them more wrong than the russians. Further more they have special mirrors set up by the astronaughts on the moon that reflect back to the earth. most of the people who believe we didnt do it believe in the lock ness monster and anal probing aliens there all 3 fries short of a happy meal!

Michael24

How does that saying go? "For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is enough."

IndySeven

Its a fact! Humans landed on the moon 38 years ago. Its proven and its a fact. Period.
Do people still believe that humans didn't walk on the moon? Come on, quit being skeptical and think logically!:)

If we never landed on the moon, explain the equipment that we left there, that is STILL sending back information every day.....

Explain the glass spherals (Dated more than 4 billion years old) that were brought back (Objects that could NEVER survive on Earth that long)

Explain all the other rocks that came from the moon and nowhere else....

"I can't believe people still believe this.."
A lot of stupid people still chose to believe stupid things...

"I don't have to BELIEVE in Loch Ness Monster. It's a fact."
Show me your so-called facts....

Kingsley

ClintonHammond said:
"I don't have to BELIEVE in Loch Ness Monster. It's a fact."
Show me your so-called facts....

It was a joke.
I know the man walked on the moon, and I dont believe in Loch Ness Monster (though those grainy photos are impressive!! ;) )

Don Karnage

ClintonHammond said:
I don't have to BELIEVE man walked on the moon. It's a fact. Believing in it or not won't change that.

Like a lot of things.....

absolutely right. it never fails to amaze me how many people lack the ability to understand that.

I'm no longer amazed in any way by the seemingly limitless capacity humans have for gullibility.

From religion, to Q-ray bracelets, to herbal pooper-cleansings.... Some people will buy anything.

Junior Jones

If it was a hoax, the special effects were way better than anything possible in Hollywood at the time. Walt Disney did some science episodes on his weekly series that dramatized space travel, and the special effects are funny to watch now. Even the "ground-breaking" effects in Star Wars are obvious nowadays. The lunar landing footage, on the other hand, looks real enough to me.

"If it was a hoax..."
... The Russians, The Chinese and other countries who were monitoring the moon shots would have outed NASA in a heart-beat!

Unless yer blinkered enough to believe that all those countries were somehow working together to perpetrate such a hoax....

In which case you have to answer not just how, but why....