Indiana Jones Kellogg's Cereal

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I hope the prize is a suction-cup eyeball.
eyeballsoup.jpg

I'd photoshop the box onto the table if I could...

Indy's Fist

metalinvader said:
Same here,I stopped a year ago also.It just got to redundant and tiresome,The spark was gone.Though,These new Indy collectables really have ignited that spark!

Anyone on these boards planing to buy one of those prototype boxes?

There really has not been a lot of Indy merchandise. Very disappointing for a true Indy fan like me. I mean how many times have the SW soundtracks been re-released? I had to buy Temple of Doom's soundtrack on record! The CD i've found are way too expensive. I hope they reissue the Indy scores I love that music!

ChromiumBlue37

I have no doubt that we'll be getting a compiation of all of the soundtracks. Looking forward to the Indiana Jones reference books, myself!

BTW, what do you mean when you call yourself a "true fan"? I believe that all of us that have gone as far as to register on this site could be nothing less.

metalinvader

ChromiumBlue37 said:
I have no doubt that we'll be getting a compiation of all of the soundtracks. Looking forward to the Indiana Jones reference books, myself!

BTW, what do you mean when you call yourself a "true fan"? I believe that all of us that have gone as far as to register on this site could be nothing less.

True fan?Wrong thread!:p

metalinvader said:
Same here,I stopped a year ago also.It just got to redundant and tiresome,The spark was gone.Though,These new Indy collectables really have ignited that spark!

Anyone on these boards planing to buy one of those prototype boxes?

I hope to win one - need to add it to the just completed museum! I have to fill the 1,100 sq. ft - although that doesn't seem to be a problem with all the new products on the horizon :D

deckard24

Merchandise like this makes me wish KotCS wasn't a reality! A few toys, sountracks, books, posters, that kind of thing is cool in my book. This is just too over-the-top. I am not looking forward to the marketing explosion come the next few months. I wish there was some way to have the new movie, and at the same time not cheapen the memory of the original films with Indy merch everywhere! Indy stuff back in the day was never like Star Wars, it was always harder to find and limited in its quantity. Now Lucas will go bat**** with the marketing machine, and Indy will become waayyy overexposed! Kinda sad in my opinion!

Avilos

I can understand the fear of overexposure BUT until to a certain point. What does it REALLY matter to us??? Only buy what you want. Most of this stuff is not aimed at us anyways but at little kids! This is how these kids will get hooked on Indiana Jones. Then when they are older they will want the more collectible stuff.

Bruno said:
I hope to win one - need to add it to the just completed museum! I have to fill the 1,100 sq. ft - although that doesn't seem to be a problem with all the new products on the horizon :D

Good luck since they've removed them today. I wonder why.

metalinvader

The boxes did say,"Not for resale'' or something of that nature.Does Ebay usually take things down that say that?

mfisher

and Indy will become waayyy overexposed! Kinda sad in my opinion!
ahhh come on.... thats not fair really.... I love Indy stuff.. I have picked up a good bit of things here and there.. passed on a bunch too though... I enjoy collecting the old figures and cant wait for the sideshow line.. as for the over the top stuff.. like cereal and candy bars.. no way I am collecting that... as stated above by another member... it is for kids.. and I am sure some kid will see the movie and love to eat his/her Indy cereal before taking off for school in the morning.. ( I would have eaten it as a kid if it were around back in my day).. anyway.. my point is.. how can you really "overexpose" something fun like this.... there seems to be a common attitude on Indy boards that since we have been fans since back in the day then Lucas owes this movie to us and us alone... well.. why the hell cant the new film be marketed to a new audience ? why can't todays young kids get hooked on Indy and get to go out and buy fun Indy "stuff" like cereal and candy and new toys etc etc... this doesn't "cheapen" the memory of the old films either.. it just gives them another chance of pleasing a new generation... again.. I love Indy stuff.. love it... I enjoy the books.. I enjoy my figure collection... I'm a "true fan" ( har har har) but good god guys.. lighten up a bit... I think some of us take our Indy obsession a bit too seriously :)

No Ticket

I'm definitely going to be buying me a few boxes of that! It looks pretty good!! Skull marshmallows. Awesome!

Maybe I'll keep a box unopened. haha.

JuniorSenior

So... I'm the guy who sent the photo to Cool Toy Review & had the auctions up on E-bay. Yes, E-bay took them down. I don't want to get my "source" in any trouble, so no further attempts to sell boxes. I will say this... I do not work for Lucasfilm, Kelloggs, or Paramount. I got the boxes as a gift, and was/am keeping a few for myself. I am a big Indy fan... to the point of loving the Rob McGregor novels, even. The pack-in is apparently going to be some variant of the "lightsaber spoon" from SW3. Oh... and the cereal itself is quite tasty, if not quite as chocolate-y as one might expect.

If I had known about TheRadier.net beforehand, I would have sent the pic here first. The forums seem cool, too, so I may check in again.

JuniorSenior said:
Yes, E-bay took them down.

Do you mind telling us why? I've seen lots of "not for resale" types of products on eBay, plus tons of other things, including the Lego that are not supposed to be out just yet. For them to pull these seems kind of strange.

Vlad Dracula

JuniorSenior said:
The pack-in is apparently going to be some variant of the "lightsaber spoon" from SW3.

Indy spoons? That's lame. I was hoping for something like little plastic figurines of the characters.

Indyologist

Vlad Dracula said:
You beat me to it! I was just about to post this. Chocolate boulders and skull marshmellows. I am so getting a box of that. Hopefully it will come with little Indy toys as well.

Me too-- it is sooo mine! Dang, I wish I had a mess of money... okay we need a CRYING INDY icon? Do you hear me, ye gods? We need a CRYING INDY icon-- so I can cry!!!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Vlad Dracula said:
Indy spoons? That's lame.
61_2.JPG

Kids will stick in their mouths whatever toxic plastic toy is packed... might as well be able to tell the jury "it's a spoon for crying out loud" when someone sues. And kids can pretend they're melting marshmallow "crystals" for their Lord of the Rings crack pipes! (Sorry, that's not funny... but neither is sugared cereal to a dentist.)