Weather Where You Are

The_Raiders

WillKill4Food said:
So, you really live in Alaska? Damn...

lol. Yes I live in Anchorage. Summer is very very perfect up here. Not too hot not too cold, about 70 degrees at the most, or 80. So you CAN wear shorts in Alaska (only for a few months tho:p ) everythings green. But for now everythings white :sick:

No Ticket

I don't go outside, I stay inside on this computer all day posting at The Raven... constantly refreshing the page excitedly awaiting my chance to post the next number in the "count to 1,000" thread. So I don't know what the weather is like. The curtain is closed and I'll be damned if I'm getting up and walking all the way to the window just to look outside.

... can staying inside constantly kill you. I hope not.

No Ticket would like all to know he is totally joking and he is nowhere near that lame... yet.

The_Raiders

Well, I thought it was spring time for AK, I really did, all the snow accually melted, and it was accually gettin warm, but then... six inches of snow later :dead:

torao

Moderator Emeritus
The_Raiders said:
Well, I thought it was spring time for AK, I really did, all the snow accually melted, and it was accually gettin warm, but then... six inches of snow later :dead:

It's obviously time for a sun chant.
Where I live we also had a weird winter fallback. I've never experienced that many thunderstorms (followed by snow) that early into the year. It's just rainy and grey right now. The sound of the birds and that humid smell outside are the only signs of spring so far.

ReggieSnake

torao said:
It's obviously time for a sun chant.
Where I live we also had a weird winter fallback. I've never experienced that many thunderstorms (followed by snow) that early into the year. It's just rainy and grey right now. The sound of the birds and that humid smell outside are the only signs of spring so far.
About the same here, but no snow. Just cold rain, I think it's just above freezing at present.

I like rain just fine, but I don't think I could live up in Oregon or Washington where it rains all the time.

Hedwig

I live in Finland and in here the snow is melting and the sun is shining. It has been quite rainy this week... My mom told me once that there has been snow on the ground in June! But this was a long time before I was born...

torao

Moderator Emeritus
ReggieSnake said:
About the same here, but no snow. Just cold rain, I think it's just above freezing at present.

I like rain just fine, but I don't think I could live up in Oregon or Washington where it rains all the time.
Seasons are a great thing. Rain, sun, snow...I love all of them.
Last summer someone told me about his farming parents and that the weather at that time was just perfect for their fields and the fruit-tress and everything. I found it quite funny because who thinks about what kind of weather is actually suitable to the things we grow and cultivate these days? That is unless there's some extreme period of drought and the lack of fruits or corn to harvest is news because some of the food becomes more expensive.
Mostly it seems like people just complain about "too hot" or "too rainy" weather without any actual reason other than their own comfort and mood.

Hedwig said:
My mom told me once that there has been snow on the ground in June! But this was a long time before I was born...
Amazing.

Last edited:

The Man

In Ireland each season is becoming less distinguishable from the other. It absolutely pissed rain all last summer...:mad:

Yure

Unseasonably cold and rainy here in southern Italy. Looks like it's passing, I can't take it anymore, the last days started sunny and ended unexpectedly rainy (with me on the motorcycle getting of course wet to the bones). Today it's slightly warmer, but it's still raining, and the wind from the south (scirocco) brings here lot of sand from Africa that comes down with rain, making all the vehicles yellowy-brownish.

The_Raiders

The snow is beginning to break up again, my grama said it can snow here up until May, I hope not I want the snow to be gone when Indy comes out! :eek:

Kingsley

Autumn is here!
First day with heating in the house.

Isn't it cool to smile when you walk against a cold wind?

"A mal tiempo buena cara" :D

The_Raiders

Indy_Chic said:
It is absolutely freezing where I live and its not even winter yet in Australia! :eek:

How cold is it? The snows pretty much all melted here, it's pretty warm out, about 40 degrees.

Indy_Chic

The_Raiders said:
How cold is it? The snows pretty much all melted here, it's pretty warm out, about 40 degrees.

I'm not sure what the temperature is at the moment but this morning it was under 8 degrees. It doesn't snow where I live but it was so cold I thought it was going to!

The_Raiders

Indy_Chic said:
I'm not sure what the temperature is at the moment but this morning it was under 8 degrees. It doesn't snow where I live but it was so cold I thought it was going to!

Better be glad it didn't. I tell a friend of mine all the time to come up here to Alaska and take the snow, she won't do it though :p I hate snow so much. It's usually around 40 here.