hasbro 12 inch figures

ChromiumBlue37

Exactly. Hasbro had early access to scene contents that didn't make the final cut of the movie. That's where the shades are coming from on this and the 3 3/4 scale figure with the bike.

Billy Ray

Yeah, he also appears wearing the shades in the comic adaptation in the scene at the train station. It was probably a last minute change to have him wear the cap instead of the shades.

Dr._Jones_Jr.

Billy Ray said:
Yeah, he also appears wearing the shades in the comic adaptation in the scene at the train station. It was probably a last minute change to have him wear the cap instead of the shades.

The cap is 20xs better. A nice throw back to Marlon Brando in "The Wild One". I also love how they decided to release yet another Mutt with what he should have had in the first place, but we have to beg for a marcus figure. Two mutt 3 3/4 figures no marcus. That makes sense.

indyclone25

here are pics of the 12 inch indy and mutt
indy_germ_12.jpg
indy_germ_12_loose.jpg

mutt_12_ver2.jpg
mutt_12_ver2_loose.jpg

ChromiumBlue37

They shouldn't have electroics, although I do not know. If they did, it would be printed on the bubble decal by the figures' knees.

JgonzalezNJ

I wonder how they determine which figures to release, it seems to be so random. It almost looks like they have a lot in store for the future based on the 9 they released. Now if there is a science to their selection, can we take a guess and assume what will be next?
So far no TLC or KOTCS Indy yet they have Mutt - so, can someone break this code of "Indiana Jones 12" Figure Release" formula?:(

phantom train

JgonzalezNJ said:
I wonder how they determine which figures to release, it seems to be so random. It almost looks like they have a lot in store for the future based on the 9 they released. Now if there is a science to their selection, can we take a guess and assume what will be next?
So far no TLC or KOTCS Indy yet they have Mutt - so, can someone break this code of "Indiana Jones 12" Figure Release" formula?:(

Your guess is as good as mine. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to what they're releasing, except I noticed that most of the figures are various versions of Indy.
I'm actually not too impressed with the IJ figures like the talking Indy (terrible), Cairo Indy, or the forthcoming TOD Indy. However, the forthcoming Indy in German soldier disguise & Dovchenko look good, and I do like the Cairo Swordsman & German Soldier.

If the Hasbro line gets cancelled (and I hope it doesn't), then we will always have Sideshow as a possible source for future Indy 12" figures. They're already coming out with an excellent "Raiders" Indy and a great Belloq. I think Sideshow will do a better job with any future Indy 12" figures -granted, they're a lot more expensive than the Hasbro versions, but, as they say, you get what you pay for.
For example, I can't imagine Hasbro doing justice to a 12" version of Mola Ram, though I think SS will (if it ever comes out).

indyclone25

i agree hasbro twleve inch line tries to do a decent job in their figures but i think the need to hire some new sculpters to do the heads ? i mean i have seen fan made figures that look spot on , right now they (hasbro ) are trying to put action into alot of the figures --- i could do without the action my self , but i would love to see marion, willie and elsa developed in an upcoming wave and call it "the women of indiana jones "

Uki

:mad: I was at a Wal-Mart on my lunchbreak, just poking around, and I saw something deplorable. Someone had apparently bought a 12" Talking Indy and done the old switcheroo with-get this-a talking Steve Irwin,Crocodile Hunter figure. He was just stuck in there with some of the clear rubber bands, and the worst part is that he wasn't even 12" tall. He was probably closer to ten. He did talk, though, and it was veryweird to hear "G'Day Mate!" coming out of an Indiana Jones box.
People like that should be dragged into the street and shot.:gun:
The morons at the service desk should be slapped. I would've mentioned it to someone that works there, but, well, you know how useful that can be...