New Acquisitions! (That are not related to Indy)

Goonie

Nurhachi1991 said:
Anyone know how I can get this to work with out the gyro launcher?

ektoys.jpg

You have to have 6 semi-trucks parked side-by-side and a good throwing arm.

:rolleyes:

Today, from the Disney/Pixar Cars line I picked up Snot Rod. I now have the complete gang; Snot Rod, Boost, D.J. and Wingo.

HovitosKing

The Man said:
Yes, it is. ;)

Agreed. The Indy action figure line has re-awakened the collector in me, and now I'm going crazy with lots of stuff Indy related and not. Nice to have a group of like-minded fellow collectors to talk about new acquisitions with.

HovitosKing

For my birthday I got PS3, GTA IV, Madden '09, and Guitar Hero III. If I end up disappearing for a while, this will be why.

The Man

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/25/ebay-find-of-the-day-michael-keatons-batmobile-5-of-5/

This sucker is 20-feet long and 8-feet wide, so you're going to need a Bat Cave-sized garage. It's powered by a (probably anemic) Chevy 350 V8, so it's fuel mileage theoretically approaches that of the fictional turbine engine depicted in the flick. Lastly, the new owner will need you to sign a Warner Brothers purchase agreement, which we hear is pretty limiting in what it allows you to do with the car.

6c2b_12.jpg

6502_3.jpg

UKIndyFan

I bought this along with two other Episode 2 figures from eBay and was wondering if anybody could identify it and its price. The little copyright thing reads ' © G.M.F.G.I 1977 HONG KONG '. To me it looks like a very cheaply made Obi Wan

13092008217cr2.jpg

Its missing the lightsaber but its lying around somewhere and I could easily reattach it. Have I just got a worthless little thing?

metalinvader

UKIndyFan said:
I bought this along with two other Episode 2 figures from eBay and was wondering if anybody could identify it and its price. The little copyright thing reads ' © G.M.F.G.I 1977 HONG KONG '. To me it looks like a very cheaply made Obi Wan

13092008217cr2.jpg

Its missing the lightsaber but its lying around somewhere and I could easily reattach it. Have I just got a worthless little thing?

That's the vintage Obi-Wan figure.Worthless?Eh...Maybe worth five bucks,It's a pretty common figure.

http://www.rebelscum.com/VINtben.asp

Last edited:

Garfoot

Anyone else excited about the 2009 3 3/4 marvel line?

With the recent dissapointment of the of the Indiana Jones line being cancelled, I was upset with Hasbro, but when I looked at their plans for the 2009 4" Marvel line, I was back on board.

I was looking on Furyfiles.com and was most impressed with what Hasbro is planning for 2009. I think they have some 40 figures planned for the launch, and with an entire Marvel Universe at their disposal, they have a real potential money maker with this line.

Not just the biggies like Spidey, Hulk, and Iron Man, but they have already said that they will be mixing in some lesser known characters with each assortment. Too bad this approach was not taken with Indy, we could have got Marcus. Oh well, that has been beaten to death, so I won't start that again.

But I am very excited about this upcoming line, and look forward to devoting an entire section of my toyroom to Marvel. Just wondering if there are any other Marvel collectors out their that are as excited about this line as me?

Nurhachi1991

No I do not care very much for Marvel.

I guess I will collect the old school G.I. Joes until they cancel that line to