E3 June 2009: Far Better Than Last Years

What do you look forward to at this years E3?

• Total voters

RedeemedChild

Well here is another good game that's coming to the DSi Shop on the Nintendo DSi.

ShantaeNintendoPower.jpg

NP247_cover.png

http://dsiware.nintendolife.com/news/2009/09/shantae_coming_to_dsiware

RedeemedChild

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Great pixel-pushing on that title. Love the sprites and artwork.

Yes, I know. I'm very much impressed. My friend talked me into GETTING RID of my DSi and into getting yet another PSP on the account that we could chat via Skype and what not. But I'm so disgusted with the PSP 3000 that I could jump in a lake and dodge Piranha's! The PSP has the WORST game selection library ever and the PSN is nothing more than a MIGHTY disappointment. My father say's that after this we should stay away from anything with the label SONY Playstation on it.

I have a feeling that the PSP GO might be better, but who knows? Everytime SONY promises us marvelous things we only receive more disappointments and wasted money and precious time lost.

Nintendo and Apple Inc are the kings of revolutionary entertainment with the every improving Wii, DS/DSi and iPhone/iPod Touch. I've also read that a new Wii currently known as Wii HD is on schedule for a 2011 release.

I plan on heading back to GameStop and treading this miserable and depressing PSP for a DSi before the free DSi Points are over. Are you going to get a DSi Lonsome Drifter?

The Drifter

RedeemedChild said:
I plan on heading back to GameStop and treading this miserable and depressing PSP for a DSi before the free DSi Points are over. Are you going to get a DSi Lonsome Drifter?

No, I just have the DS Lite. I only have three games for it at the moment. Mario 64 DS, Sonic RPG (I can NEVER remember the name of that game!), and Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

Also, Redeemed.
There's no need to give up on everything that says Sony Playstation. I agree that the PSP has a anorexic game library, but if you ever plan on getting a PS3. It's a wise choice. I can answer all of your questions regarding them if you ever need them.

RedeemedChild

Lonsome_Drifter said:
No, I just have the DS Lite. I only have three games for it at the moment. Mario 64 DS, Sonic RPG (I can NEVER remember the name of that game!), and Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

Also, Redeemed.
There's no need to give up on everything that says Sony Playstation. I agree that the PSP has a anorexic game library, but if you ever plan on getting a PS3. It's a wise choice. I can answer all of your questions regarding them if you ever need them.

Well thank you very much Lonsome_Drifter. However I do plan on getting a PS3 if Mod Nation Racer is any good. I have read about and seen footage of Mod Nation Racer and while is not a Mario Kart slayer I find it to be quite enticing.

On the other hand I've always been a Nintendo fan and always will. I've never cared to much for Sony but I only was lured into getting a PSP thanks to my friend constantly talking about how "wonderful" the PSP was and now I wish I'd never even heard of the device. Nintendo is king, that's plain and simple.

The Drifter

RedeemedChild said:
Well thank you very much Lonsome_Drifter. However I do plan on getting a PS3 if Mod Nation Racer is any good. I have read about and seen footage of Mod Nation Racer and while is not a Mario Kart slayer I find it to be quite enticing.

On the other hand I've always been a Nintendo fan and always will. I've never cared to much for Sony but I only was lured into getting a PSP thanks to my friend constantly talking about how "wonderful" the PSP was and now I wish I'd never even heard of the device. Nintendo is king, that's plain and simple.

Nintendo are the best first-party developers, but I never got a Wii. I am just not interested in all the shovel-ware the system has. The games that interest me on the system are few and far between.
And, no; I'm not into shooters too much. I enjoy action, platforming, and survival horror games. I like RPGs, but the PS3 and 360 are lacking in that department this gen.

RedeemedChild

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Nintendo are the best first-party developers, but I never got a Wii. I am just not interested in all the shovel-ware the system has. The games that interest me on the system are few and far between.
And, no; I'm not into shooters too much. I enjoy action, platforming, and survival horror games. I like RPGs, but the PS3 and 360 are lacking in that department this gen.

Well my friend, I have to encourage you to pick up both a Wii and a DSi. I will also be more than happy to exchange Wii Friend codes and play along side you in Mario Kart, Super Mario Strikers Charged or the upcoming Super Mario Galaxy 2. Don't believe all the shovelware nonsense.

The Wii has plenty of incredible titles to pick up along with a nice array of Final Fantasy titles. Besides the Wii has it's own Application Store chuckfull of great offerings and the Wii can also play Game Cube games.

BTW here is a special page from Nintendo Power Magazine.

http://www.nintendopower.com/images/NP247_Shantae.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

The Drifter

RedeemedChild said:
Well my friend, I have to encourage you to pick up both a Wii and a DSi. I will also be more than happy to exchange Wii Friend codes and play along side you in Mario Kart, Super Mario Strikers Charged or the upcoming Super Mario Galaxy 2. Don't believe all the shovelware nonsense.

The Wii has plenty of incredible titles to pick up along with a nice array of Final Fantasy titles. Besides the Wii has it's own Application Store chuckfull of great offerings and the Wii can also play Game Cube games.

There are games that I want to play on the Wii, don't get me wrong. But, 90% of the games do not hold my interest. I can't afford to pay 200 dollars for a system that I may not play that much.

But, the one thing that may just make me buy one is the virtual console. Well, that and the next Zelda title. I love myself some Zelda.

RedeemedChild

Wonderful Lonsome Drifter. If you buy a Wii you will not regret it. The Virtual Console gets better and better each month. This month saw the arrival of Super Star Wars and who know's what next month will bring.

I hope you like the above article from Nintendo Power regarding everyone's favorite genie after "I Dream of Jeanne" Shantae. Enjoy the video below.

So Agent Crab what do you think of the Shantae franchise?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OE4vbosfq5k&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OE4vbosfq5k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:

RedeemedChild

I'm very much excited about buying the upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for DS/DSi.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kg-Moc9zLjQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kg-Moc9zLjQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ltW9WMveor0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ltW9WMveor0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Here is a trailer Lonsome Drifter. I think you're going to like this one. BTW what do you think of Shantae Lonsome? Have you played the first one?

The Drifter

IndyWolf15 said:
I'm a big fan of Zelda aswell love it :D. Are you a fan of Mario Lonsome_Drifter?

Yes, I am a fan of Mario.
The first game I remember beating was Super Mario Bros on the NES. I have beat every main Mario game but Galaxy.

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Yes, I am a fan of Mario.
The first game I remember beating was Super Mario Bros on the NES. I have beat every main Mario game but Galaxy.
Wonderful, i really like Mario kart Wii out of them all.

Agent Crab

I never played the Shantae games.. but I want to. I am a big fan of Nintendo and the games itself. Mario being a close favourite.