Can we get Indy around the globe ?

Stoo

harvey said:
Always interested, but MAN, this has been a while. And it doesn't look like I'm on the master list...so, not sure what to make of that. From what I recall, others weren't being added years ago because of a desire to wrap the project up. But it doesn't look like that's an issue now. :confused:
Somewhere along the line, the project seemed to have become a bit more open-ended so I'm just carrying on from Inky's last frame of mind. It would also be good to get some more U.S. locations before the figure leaves North America.

If nobody else from California comes forward and Bonoferox doesn't reply in enough time, consider yourself next in line.;)

---
Again, if ANYONE sees their name on the bottom list and are still interested, PLEASE let me know.

35 - USA: Indiana, Indianapolis (Bonoferox)
36 - USA: Ohio (harvey)
37 - USA: Texas, San Antonio (Billy Ray)
38 - USA: Washington, Seattle (Henry W Jones)
39 - Australia: Queensland, Townsville (hemble)
40 - Australia: ACT, Canberra (indy34)
41 - Australia: Victoria, Geelong (Ed Dolista)
42 - Korea (AlivePoet)
43 - Austria: Styria, Graz (DoomTown)
44 - Scotland (adventure al)
45 - Scotland: Dundee, Dundee (XanaduMel & Iacovos)
46 - England: London (Jeremiah Jones)
47 - England: Exeter, Plymouth / Somerset, Glastonbury (inky_skin)
48 - Canada: Manitoba (throwmetheidol)

- featofstrength (USA: Missouri, Springfield / Branson / Kansas City)
- neverAcquiesce (USA: Missouri, St. Louis)
- The Drifter (USA: West Virginia)
- No Ticket (USA: New York, New York)
- russds (USA: California, Seal Beach)
- davidraphael (Germany: Baden-Württemberg, Heidelberg)
- Finn (Finland)
- IndyBr (Brazil: São Paulo, Campinas / Bragança Paulista)
harvey said:
Mini Indy is more than welcome to sit in on a recording session for the IndyCast. :hat:
Mr. Mini Indy can't speak. (However, if I did his voice, I'd make him sound like a pipsqueak, similar to Mickey Mouse.:p OMG that woud be a like epic indycast like totly epic!!!!)

In less than 1 month (on May 6th), Indy will have been on the road for 3 years!:eek:

harvey

Stoo said:
If nobody else from California comes forward and Bonoferox doesn't reply in enough time, consider yourself next in line.

Cool.

Stoo said:
Mr. Mini Indy can't speak. (However, if I did his voice, I'd make him sound like a pipsqueak, similar to Mickey Mouse.:p OMG that woud be a like epic indycast like totly epic!!!!)

"Sit in on" not participate. I won't have him hoggin' my airtime! ;)

Besides, "Old Indy" has already made his ornery debut on the 'cast. And he's just...well...odd. Mini Indy will be a quiet observer. :hat:

Stoo

3 Years On The Road

Mini-Indy has now been travelling for exactly 3 years + 2 weeks!:eek:

Archaeos, I know that you're a busy fellow and hate to pester you but it's been almost 2 months since your last set of images. Can you, please, try to post more often in the near future? Time to start cracking the whip, lest this project become stagnant in The Doldrums!:whip:

"Day after day, day after day,
We stuck, no breath no motion;
As idle as a painted ship
Upon a painted ocean." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Stoo

Stoo said:
Pale Horse: Most of your photos have disappeared! Wha' happened?:confused:
Pale Horse said:
And my archive has been moved. I can update the links...call it an audit, if you will.
Any chance you'll be restoring the links sometime in the near future? Your photos were great and I'd like to save them to my hard drive for posterity (or for the book idea that we tossed around).
Stoo said:
Lance Quazar: We never got to see Indy's 2nd stay with you in Los Angoleeze. Wha' happened?:confused:
Lance, are you still around?

---
I contacted Archaeos & Le Saboteur recently for some status updates. Gotta get this boulder rollin' again!:whip:

Le Saboteur

Stoo said:
I contacted ... Le Saboteur recently for some status updates...

He did! And I've been a complete cad about responding because, after an exploratory bump from Carcharodon carcharias, Indy is resting comfortably on the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.

:hat:

inky_skin

Le Saboteur said:
He did! And I've been a complete cad about responding because, after an exploratory bump from Carcharodon carcharias, Indy is resting comfortably on the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.

:hat:

So, to be clear, the Indy figure is gone ? We've been here before and my position is that we replace like with like and continue the project. However, Le Sab (in true Indy fashion) must provide suitable narrative to resolve this cliff-hanger...

Pale Horse

Staff member
So the new Indy will be Indy ver 3.0, or Indy Jr. Jr. Jr. or.....

'Tis sad, from a museum perspective, knowing that only a replica will be immortalized in the end, rather than the figure that contained all the DNA from all us...but I'm with the above. New figure, same box of travels, and move him along....

Goodeknight

Pale Horse said:
'Tis sad, from a museum perspective, knowing that only a replica will be immortalized in the end,

Hate to say it, but I'd personally go with a reboot. New figure, new adventures, new passport, etc.

Immortalize the original stuff that's left, and let Indy Jr. Jr. Jr. have his own passport.

(I'm sure I'm setting myself up for a lot of flack, but that's my opinion nevertheless.)

Stoo

Le Saboteur said:
Shark or not (had to look that up), you should have dove in after him.:whip:

I read your Facebook message so I know the score. Heh heh.
Pale Horse said:
So the new Indy will be Indy ver 3.0, or Indy Jr. Jr. Jr. or.....
Neither.:p Remember that Rocket paid $50 out of his own pocket to have a post office worker scour their backroom to find his undelivered package.

Sir Inky's substitute figure was never dispatched so Travelling-Mini-Indy has been the same, original one for the past 3 years!(y)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eswQl-hcvU0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

P.S. When are you going to fix your photo links, dude?:confused:

Lance Quazar

So LeSab's avatar was weirdly prophetic?

tomb-3-page-1.jpg

inky_skin

Okay boys, time for some straight talking. What's the status of Indy ? Lost or not ? There seems to be some PM's flying around but no clear statement.

Stoo

The Jig is Up!

L'il Indy is safe so don't waste time making a substitute (yet). Le Sabo was being a playful imp so I asked him to 'fess up and told him that it's time to move the figure along. Harvey has shown interest in hosting the fig so he is next (if that's O.K. with you).

A lot of people on the itinerary don't seem to be around anymore so Indy's future globe-trotting plans are kind of up in the air. (Here's the latest update on his past travels.)

As for the rest of Archaeos' photos, he still hasn't replied to my e-mail so I don't know what's going on with him. I'll send him another.

Inky, some of my questions to certain participants are being unread/ignored so if you're able to take back the helm then, by all means, please do. If not, then I'll continue and try my best to keep the boulder rolling.:)

The Drifter

I asked to be a part of this a few years back. How far along on the list am I, Stoo? I recently moved near Kingsport, TN, and there are quite a few places good old Indy could visit around these parts.

harvey

Yeah, it seems the urgency and speed of this project has slowed to a crawl.

Let's do this. Send him along. Whomever is currently organizing this, send me a PM and tell me what I need to do (who gets address, who gets it next, etc)

Goodeknight

Hmmm, okay so I'm not sure how this works. My job takes me overseas periodically - one to three times a year, often to someplace like Kenya, Israel, or Egypt. Perfect places for Mini Indy to pose for a snapshot during an intense adventure. I know about those trips a month or so in advance most times.

Would it be difficult to get my hands on Mini Indy with a couple weeks notice?

russds

Still interested here. So bottom line, and sorry, my programmer brains leads me to numbered lists, and short/direct questions. :)

1. @LeSaboteur has had little Indy since Oct/Nov 2012, and still has it now?
2. We are just waiting for him to send it to the next person?
3. Next person is @Bonoferox or is it still being decided?

Thanks @stoo l for keeping 'the boulder rolling' and @inky_skin for initiating the great project.

inky_skin

Stoo said:
Inky, some of my questions to certain participants are being unread/ignored so if you're able to take back the helm then, by all means, please do. If not, then I'll continue and try my best to keep the boulder rolling.:)

Stoo - you've stepped into the breach and done a fine job when I could not. It is very much appreciated. Please continue if you still have the time and enthusiasm.