1:6 Sideshow Temple of Doom firgure

Montana Smith

Some more shots:

indiana-jones-temple-of-doom-004_zpsd5040b91.jpg

indiana-jones-temple-of-doom-009_zps612754e8.jpg

It's a curiosity that he comes with the Colt Official Police .38 that Willie lost in Shanghai, and a "Left Trigger Hand" to grip it.

A welcome curiosity nonetheless.

Montana Smith

Billy Ray said:
Looks amazing to me, better than Hot Toys! May try to pick up a second head to replace my HT Indy's.

I'm sure there are going to be repainted recasts from the likes of Head Play - likely in both 'clean' and 'battle damaged' versions which will make upgrading the DX05 easier

There's also a rumour that Sideshow is using Hot Toys' factories to upgrade their production figures, so that they might for once look something like their prototypes. It would figure considering they've raised their prices to Hot Toys' level.

To back up the theory Rook (on Sideshow Freaks), who photographs figures for Sideshow reported in reference to the upcoming sixth scale Echo Base Han Solo:

I never placed an order for this, but given recent developments, I may just have to.
fing24.gif

I just hope they've abandoned the separate eye system that's been wrecking their sculpts lately, such as Nathan Drake's:

IMG_20140614_200449

attachment.php

Last edited:

Billy Ray

Yeah, I have the Hoth Han on order...really hoping the final product comes pretty close to the proto. Those Nathan Drake pics kind of have me worried too. At the prices Sideshow is charging nowadays, they have to really improve or they are going to lose a lot of customers...why pay HT prices for Sideshow when you can just buy HT figures?

Billy Ray

Looks like ToD Indy will be on display at SDCC this weekend. Can't wait to see pics!

attachment.php

Also, Sideshow has gone on record in the Sideshow Freaks forums that this figure will not have the separate eye system.

indytim

There's the briefest glimpse of the new figure around the 3:30 mark in this video ...

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QqP8wm07yxQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Z dweller

Wow...
I'm not really into collector items, but this is easily the best Indy figure I've ever seen. Very impressive!

Billy Ray

PERS is a Hot Toys thing so, this being a Sideshow product, it wouldn't feature PERS. The question was whether or not it would have separate eyes though, which Sideshow did experiment with on a few figures with limited success. These didn't move like PERS do, but were separate pieces inserted into the head sculpt. I have the Sideshow Hoth Han Solo and I think they look pretty good there, though others don't agree, but I would rather they not take a chance on Indy to be honest. Whatever they are doing on the prototype is fine with me. You are right though, a Sideshow rep did confirm on the SS Freaks board that this figure would not utilize the separate eye system and it seems they have pretty much abandoned the concept all together.

For what it's worth, here is a shot of the Sideshow Hoth Han hatless sculpt on my custom Bespin Han:

S. Dakota Jones

You were right, and I did mean the seperate eye system. I don't know why I said the PERS, ugh lol.

I do like that unhatted Han head as well and admit to looking for one on the aftermarket for my SS Bespin Han. Looks so much better than "puffy cheeks" Han.

GREAT POSE, by the way (y) .

inky_skin

Overall, I like it. The hat looks a little off to me though. TBH, I like my custom version better - especially at 1/4 of the price...