Altered lines in "Temple of Doom" DVD?

phantomreviewer

I dont know if I'm going crazy, but when I saw Temple of Doom on TV recently (and I'm pretty sure when I watched it on DVD also, although I havent checked), I swear some parts of the soundtrack had been altered from how I always remembered it.

I know Lucas loves screwing with his movies, and sometimes he messes with the sound for no good reason (like adding "theres nowhere to go!" to "this is suicide..." in Empire, replacing Darth Vaders "bring my shuttle" with some other BS, and of course changing Obi Wans desert call, and the retarded NOOOOO to the Luke electrocution scene in Jedi) but I noticed the following:

During Mola Ram's speech as he is pouring in the blood of the Kali, I am SURE in the original he says "Soon Kali Ma will rule the world..." but now its been truncated to an awkward sounding "Soon Kali Ma...!!" WTF? Did anyone else notice that? It cant have been because they cut some violence out, because this cut I saw on TV was WAY more violent than I remember, with a much extended heart ripping/Indy whipping scene.

And maybe its down to a highly edited for TV version that I am remembering, but I think Indys screams have been altered when he is having the nightmare following drinking the blood, but that might be a subjective memory thing. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

phantomreviewer

Here is a link to a version of the movie with the full line in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_plI0XlrY9Q

I checked my DVD box set and he says "Soon Kali Ma..." and this is what the subtitles say also. So I didnt imagine it.

As far as the sound differences, watch the YouTube clip at 5:34, Indy lets out this weird echoey "Yeaaaaaaugh!" which is what I remembered. On the DVD...nowhere to be found. I ran them side by side, the editing is identical, but the soundtrack has definately been altered.

Its also interesting that the TV version I saw the other day, and the YouTube video also feature Short Round being whipped by the Maharaja, and yet this isnt on the DVD. I have since found this page http://movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=4643 which lists some cuts on the Brittish DVD (nothing mentioned about the audio changes) however I find it odd that an uncut version would be shown on Brittish TV, but not released on DVD. Does the Blu Ray contain these cuts (e.g Short Round being whipped?)