About "Fedora"

Avilos

It would have made sense for Indy to met this Grave Robber again. The actor is hardly famous. He could have reprised the role. Also his age would have been exactly right to appear in one of the Flannery stories.

tupogirl

Avilos said:
It would have made sense for Indy to met this Grave Robber again. The actor is hardly famous. He could have reprised the role. Also his age would have been exactly right to appear in one of the Flannery stories.

That would have been awesome. I think it could have worked in Peacock's Eye.

Stoo

Nice idea, Avilos and I must agree with tupogirl. "Peacock's Eye" would have been a very, fitting place.
You could picture him at the villain's table in the hotel bar. Or, he could have teamed up with Indy & "Remaldo"!

"Hey kid, can I have my hat back?"

tupogirl

Stoo said:
Nice idea, Avilos and I must agree with tupogirl. "Peacock's Eye" would have been a very, fitting place.
You could picture him at the villain's table in the hotel bar. Or, he could have teamed up with Indy & "Remaldo"!

LOL!!!!!

Or even in a prequel way in Egypt. Hehe.

Flannery10

Stoo said:

:D!! Great idea, Avilos and yeah, it would have been funny to hear that, Stoo. That would have been awesome.

Michael24

While I'm curious about Fedora and think it would be interesting to know more about him, I almost think it's better that we've never seen him again. As such, he can act as sort of a mysterious figure in Indy's past that he only met once, briefly, was sort of inspired by him, and then never seen again, lost to the annals of time.

By the way, Fedora himself, Richard Young, is also in Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning, playing a sympathetic counselor at a halfway house, four years before The Last Crusade. I keep hoping he'll make an appearance at some horror film convention one of these days so I can maybe meet him. :)

Johnny Nys

Did you know Holhbein reintroduced the character in one of his books? I think it's the one about the lost Indians.

Stoo

Johnny Nys said:
Did you know Holhbein reintroduced the character in one of his books? I think it's the one about the lost Indians.
Really?!?! Wow. Thanks for the info, Johnny. He must be an old coot in the story.
What are the circumstances? How/where does he appear?

Junior Jones said:
I've really got to learn to read German.
You and me both!;)

Flannery10

Stoo said:
Really?!?! Wow. Thanks for the info, Johnny. He must be an old coot in the story.
What are the circumstances? How/where does he appear?

You and me both!;)

I speak German and have read the book a couple months ago. Indy doesn't only meet Fedora again (who's named Jake in the book), but also Herman, the fat kid from Last Crusade. Fedora is once again trying to find a valuable artifact, and Herman and Indy are trying to stop him. We find out a little more about Fedora's character, especially that his alliances depend on money and that he's lead by a very big curiosity for the unexplained. The story plays in Utah in 1943, so 30 years after the opening scene in LC. It's not really the best of the Hohlbein books, but definetely the funniest (together with Labyrinth of Horus).

Lao_Che

Young Herman Mueller is in the Young Indiana Jones young adult books.

So does Fedora just hang around Utah?

Stoo

Flannery10 said:
I speak German and have read the book a couple months ago. Indy doesn't only meet Fedora again (who's named Jake in the book), but also Herman, the fat kid from Last Crusade. Fedora is once again trying to find a valuable artifact, and Herman and Indy are trying to stop him.
You lucky son-of-a-gun! Indy still knows Herman, eh? Did Herman get any excercise over the years or is he still fat in 1943?
So, Indy does meet Fedora/Garth/Jake again. Thanks for the info, Flannery10!

Lao-Che said:
I love that character! He looks like he stepped straight out of a Norman Rockwell painting.

Flannery10

Stoo said:
You lucky son-of-a-gun! Indy still knows Herman, eh? Did Herman get any excercise over the years or is he still fat in 1943?

He didn't seem to have any contact with Herman, until they meet again in Utah. He seems to be fatter than ever, but he's definetely braver and tougher. He fights Jake on one occasion and seems to be really smart and intelligent.

Stoo

Lao_Che said:
He's in 2 of them, right? They were boarding school pals?
Flannery10 said:
He didn't seem to have any contact with Herman, until they meet again in Utah. He seems to be fatter than ever, but he's definetely braver and tougher. He fights Jake on one occasion and seems to be really smart and intelligent.
All Herman has to do is sit on him! Apparently, he's also in the rare comic,
Young Indiana Jones and the Mountains of Superstition (UK Daily Telegraph supplement).

If there was ever a time for Holhbein's books to be translated into English, it is NOW!

Lao_Che

Stoo said:
He's in 2 of them, right? They were boarding school pals?

Yep, I don't know about Utah but briefly while they were staying in the UK: "Charenton Academy".

Stoo said:

Three names? He will become Garth Jake Fedora. ;)

Stoo

Ha Ha! Too funny! Herman sits on Fedora.:D
More questions: Does Fedora have a fedora in the novel?
Does he ever realize that Indy is the kid from 1912?