Harrison Ford in YOUNG INDY

Tennessee Buck

Just wondering what people thought of MYSTERY OF THE BLUES, the one and only episode where Harrison Ford showed up as an Indy with a salt-and-pepper beard in Wyoming, 1950. I liked the bookends with Ford...they captured the style of the Indy trilogy though they are too abbreviated and a little cheesy. The episode itself is fine though cluttered with too much of a good thing: racism, war, gangsters, jazz, etc. Nice to see a young Elliot Ness and an eager Ernest Hemingway.

But what about Ford? He obviously loves to play the character, I just wish there was more to it. Any thoughts?

00Kevin

Indyfan
I have seen, and own, Mystery of the blues

It's not at all action packed, a short car chase, nothing special..... not too much else...I won't give it away

I like watching it, It's okay

Randy_Flagg

He wasn't very Indy-like in it. I remember my friends and I laughing at it for that reason. There was a part when he and the person he was with were surrounded by bad guys with guns. Rather than putting up a fight, he said something along the lines of, "We can't beat them, they have guns, let them take [the artifact]." COME ON! That's not Indy!! He does get the bad guys in the end, but it's a very groan-inducing method... really corny.

00Kevin

Indyfan
Randy_Flagg said:
He wasn't very Indy-like in it. I remember my friends and I laughing at it for that reason. There was a part when he and the person he was with were surrounded by bad guys with guns. Rather than putting up a fight, he said something along the lines of, "We can't beat them, they have guns, let them take [the artifact]." COME ON! That's not Indy!! He does get the bad guys in the end, but it's a very groan-inducing method... really corny.

What are you talking about???

he ment to do that!!!

he made the guys think he gave up, just so he could pull that little surprise at the last second ;)

Webley

In that same episode we see young Indy in his archeology class do yuo think the professor at the head of the class is Ravenwood?

Webley

Webley said:
In that same episode we see young Indy in his archeology class do yuo think the professor at the head of the class is Ravenwood?

Well I like to think its him.

00Kevin

Indyfan
he doesn't seem to be the guy that would make a good mentor for indy. I think indy and abner would have been good friends and have no arguements until the 'incident' with marion in the mid 20's

Webley

00Kevin said:
he doesn't seem to be the guy that would make a good mentor for indy. I think indy and abner would have been good friends and have no arguements until the 'incident' with marion in the mid 20's

Yep that makes a lot of sense

00Kevin

Indyfan
uh, I may be reading that post wrong but:

in Raiders, one of the guys from the government (either colonel Musgrove or the other guy ;)) says to indy:

"Now...you've studied under professor Ravenwood at the University of Chicago"

however, you may have been talking about him ever appearing in stuff other then movies...he did TWICE....well, almost......

early/mid ninties, the indy franchise is falling apart, YIJC is struggling, the novels and comics are going downhill

plans are made for 2 new aspects with Ravenwood:

YIJC: in the lost Season 3, there was gto be 1 or 2 episodes in the early 20's where indy meets Raven wood and goes on adventures....along with Belloq (really wish they had made these, THAT WAS THE EPISODE I WANTED TO SEE!)

also, indy comics: there was to be a new comic mini-series called 'Indiana Jones and the Lost Horizons" it as set in 1926 with indy, abner and even belloq making an apperance, abner was made in the likeness of Actor Wilfred Brimley. indy and abner found the headpeice to the staff of Ra, this would have been the best indy comic ever, sadly, indy comics wern't selling well enough, and DH stopped making indy comics befor they could get much work done

Cover: http://www.theraider.net/showimage....nterviews/gallery/hughfleming/indyhorizon.jpg

27 Year old Indy with Abner: http://www.theraider.net/showimage..../interviews/gallery/hughfleming/indylost1.jpg

okay, I've talked too much and probubly to no purpose

00Kevin--->OUT

Webley

Wow those pics of of Indy and Abner are cool. All of the writers and all of the potential writers who come to the Bar and tell of there struggles of writing an Indy book or a script for a new movie should go ahead and write the story of Indy and Abner finding the headpeice to the staff of Ra. If a good writer took an the job of doing this a bet the story would write itself.

Nazi- Abner we have come for the headpiece

Pacino- You want headpiece do you?? I'll give you a head piece. (runs out with a gun) SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!