RE: the crystal skull

JasperMoon

RE: the crystal skull

Has anyone else besides me ever seen the crystal skull that supposedly turned a bluish color before the assassination of President Kennedy? It's quite something to behold. I for one was awed. That could make for quite a different kind of Indy story altogether. A few more exist and no one knows from where they came! And if I can remember, there is rumored to be still others.

Pale Horse

Staff member
I thought it has something to do with the "indians" in South America.

But as Kev would say, I'm drunk.

bob

My critical-thinking-ometer is tingling

Hmmmmm

Maybe they put Kennedys brain in one of them, and that is why it turned blue.

Indiana Jones and they saved Kennedys Brain.... i can see it already

Tom Jones

A crystal skull would be a great artifact for Indy to quest after in the beginning of the next movie, would get him back in the jungles of South America too!

JasperMoon

RE: S Amercia good location

"It's not unusual" to find Indiana Jones in peril in the Amazon forests! That would be the PERFECT beginning for the new movie if they decide to do what that one website said they were going to do!

JasperMoon

RE: skulls

It's really one of those phenomema that if you don't go to or read the right news and magazine sources you don't know about it. I saw the skull up at Lily Dale, near Buffalo, NY several years ago. The lady who brought it was an archeologist and went to S.America to do research and did a lot of reporting on the phenomenon including some of the stories associated with it. Kennedy's was one of the stories.

Pilot

From what I've read about this particular skull, it was said to have been discovered by the daughter of explorer F.A. "Mike" Mitchell-Hedges in 1924 during an excavation of a Mayan city in what is now called Belize. There is credible evidence that Mitchell-Hedges actually bought the skull at an auction in 1943. If true, it doesn't mean that the skull isn't special. For example, how it was made and the length of time to form and polish it is interesting in itself. It is not the only crystal skull out there. There appears to be over a dozen skulls similar to the Mitchell-Hedges skull. One such skull is made of amethyst.

Venture

I'm no expert, but the original South American skull defied explanation. Hewlitt-Packard, then the leading experts on crystal oscillography, noted that it was formed contrary to known crystalline fracture points and there were no traces of tool marks. It was also shaped with an advanced (for the time) knowledge of light refraction through lens-type formations inside the skull, again with no evidence of manufacture.

JasperMoon

RE: Philosopher's Stone

Is that an Indy book in the series, or are you reading Harry Potter? (in England it's called Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone)

Seriously. The crystal skull could make an awesome catalyst for an Indy movie. Because it wasn't known here until around the 1960's that could be an Indy V story. And we could see a new generation of Indiana Jones come to the fore with this one!

Could have a lazy Indiana Jones Jr. discover a few things with it that would get him into an awful lot of trouble!

Pale Horse

Staff member
I am very familiar with the "pitch" process. It is not as simple as many think,

BUT that doesn't mean persistance doesn't merit investigation.

I'm just saying, "It's not something to be taken lightly. No one knows its secrets; it's like, nothing you've ever gone after before!"

JasperMoon

RE: Pitch Process

Do you have an agent? Or do you know of someone who can get to these guys to pitch? I know it's not an easy process. I've been studying it and lookin gof r an agnecy to rerpresent me. I am a published writer.

thefumegator

It's too bad you can't find anything about Crystal Skulls without it being riddled with a bunch of metaphysical and mystical nonsense. :rolleyes: All I can find is that Crystal Skulls have strange powers, and manifest various auras when in close proximity to one another. Come on -- auras? Gimme a friggin' break. :rolleyes:

Wes

"You know me. I don't believe in a lot of superstitious hocus-pocus... We're talking about an artifact of incredible historic significance; You're talking about the boogeyman!"

JasperMoon

I actually saw it several years ago. It is a very find artifact whatever the legends. And it can verily be stated without a doubt it is one of the modern wonders of the world.